Poeple sound like....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
IDIOTS!
I am a receptionist which means that I spend a good 35% of my time giving people telephone numbers. I am SOOO sick of:
Me: 651
Them: Uh huh
Me: 555
Them: uh huh
Me: 55
Them: Uh huh
Me: 55
Them: Uh huh. Great.

Just pause, I got it down. People sound so stupid some times! ARRRRGGG!

------------------
*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

"I'm forgetful. But above all, I'm lazy."

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 02-16-2002).]

Wow Lilly, you must be one tough cookie. I tried reception and sooo could not handle it. I must have appeared very stupid to all my previous employess, but I really think it takes a certain type to be able to manage it.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Wow Lilly, you must be one tough cookie. I tried reception and sooo could not handle it. I must have appeared very stupid to all my previous employess, but I really think it takes a certain type to be able to manage it.

It's a nice job if you like to be yelled at and, like me, be 46 people's bitch. Yea, I need to quit, a year at this job is 6 months too many.

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Being a receptionist was the best job I ever had. I worked normal hours, and got to read my book or write my U2 stuff day in and day out. Plus you get to chat with people as they walk by.

One time I wore this dress with a really loose neckline, and as I was standing, or bending to sign for something, the guy said "nice dress!" I said "thank you!" in my chirpy receptionist voice, and then looked down and realised that he could see EVERYTHING. My bra, stomach, panties, etc. That was very humiliating!

Ahhh, memories!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 02-18-2002).]

I did reception work as some of my early jobs. It wasn't bad...you get to sit all day and get paid pretty decent money to do so.
biggrin.gif
The idiots on the phone DO get annoying sometimes tho. Thankfully, all I usually had to do was transfer them and not talk to them much.
tongue.gif

-sula

I am a receptionist too. I make pretty good money, and have good hours so I like that aspect of it. I also have almost 9 hours a day to spend on Interference. I am lucky because most of the employee's here, and the customers are nice. I couldn't stand to get yelled at all day (that's why I left retail!). I do want to move up though. I am looking for something much more challenging. I guess that we all have to start at the bottem though!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

How about those brainiacs who ask for the number and then when you are halfway through it they say "Just a sec - let me get a pen."

Why did you not have the pen when you ASKED for the number?

Mone

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

Well I hate to say, but I am a receptionist too. I hate it. I prefer to call myself 'Office Assistant/Events Coordinator'. Though I make ok money, I feel way under paid and there is no hope for advancement in this company. I just love getting yelled at, shit on, complained to and the icing on the cake--> disrespected. Pluses--> playing on Interference but that's about it.
We get some really ridiculous calls here too. For the longest time, our 1-800 was adevrtised in the States as a Sattelite Dish Company. I imagine down south, because of the accents I heard calling. lol, I have no clue what the real # is for that company but I got so many southerners calling me asking me how to install their Statelite Dishes that they just got... lol At the time it was really aggravating.

I have worked at receptionist jobs off and on and some have been ok. I loved my last one, I got to read all day and took calls from local tv personalities. (We were public relations.) I need to find another job like that, but with internet access.
wink.gif

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

My phone conversation of the day:

A recruitment agency calls me up for whatever reason and leaves a message on my machine. I call up. Girl picks up phone. I introduce myself and ask to speak with Ms. Shabadoo (name changed to protect the innocent). Girl makes me spell my name several times, then goes silent. I once again ask for Ms. Shabadoo. Girl says, she's not in. I ask, do you know when she'll be back? Girl says no. Bye.

WELL IF YOU'RE GONNA BE THAT HELPFUL, WHAT DID YOU NEED THE EXACT SPELLING OF MY NAME FOR, YOU LITTLE HAT-NEEDLE??? *sigh*
rolleyes.gif

Okay, hat-needle is so not an English word. I need rest... I speak three languages or more every day. Stress.

Back
Top Bottom