Podcasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
someone explain them to me. i don't get them. what exactly are they? what do they do?

I don't have the 'pod' so I'm not exactly sure either, but I think it works on the same basic principle as the RSS feed, except it's audio.

The RSS feed is this thing you download and receive so you get stuff like news headlines from the BBC or something. Anyway podcasting apparently works in a similar way except the stream is audio, so it can broadcast stuff like radio programmes.

That's what I can remember. Check out the wikipedia article, that's always useful nowadays. Or wait for Elvis Presley to come along.

Yes, podcasts are an audio form of RSS. Of course, most people aren't familiar with RSS either. I just did a study about RSS for work and learned about it that way.

Podcasts are audio that can be subscribed to and then are automatically sent to you on a regular basis. I subscribed to the Ebert & Roeper podcast on iTunes and every Monday when I get to work, I open iTunes and the newest week's show is automatically downloaded. I usually then listen to it at work, but it can also be transferred to an iPod or MP3 player. Podcasts usually aren't music because most podcasts are created by random people and can't get the rights, but a lot of underground music may be delivered this way. You tend to find a lot of podcasts about politics, sports, newest technology, and there are even a few weekly Harry Potter talk shows. As far as I know, all (or at least most) podcast subscriptions are free.

:up:

I listen to Virgin Radio's morning show via podcast :yes:

Like bsp said... you can subscribe and iTunes will automatically download the podcasts for you.

You can also download a software like iPodder (ipodder.org, I think) that works the same way... but doesn't require iTunes

yeah, i noticed most of them don't have anything to do with music, but i posted this here anyway because it seemed close enough and i'll never be able to find it elsewhere.

:up:
that downloading things for me thing was what was throwing me off.

90% of the podcasts are pretty shit quality. the technology is nice, but there are better things out there to experiment with. Try defining video object layers in MPEG 4, reconstruct scenes, add slides, add some music, or some shit mangas.. and stream it all live. on the edge.

podcasts.. not only that everyone has his 15 minutes nowadays, you also design your 15 minutes.

if thats too constructive melt down your vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom