Plock, Poland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the software could be quite easily set up for other bands/sites ... the backend is very simple to use. But I don't handle any of the actual coding myself.

If I were willing to put in the legwork to actually get the sets, I'd probably do a PTgigs and just ask Matt to copy the coding to an appropriate domain name. But I'm lazy and have enough to do.

I may have to get in touch with Matt then :lol: I did mention this to some people on a tori board, and they were kinda interested. Heck I do just the coding and have it for my own personal use!

It surprises me how poorly organised many setlist sites are. I guess a lot of them are just made by fans with little IT experience, though, while the U2 fandom in general benefits because the people running the leading websites are actually IT people who know what they're doing (e.g. Matt).

I'd also really dig a Crowdies setlist site, now that I think about it. It'd beat trying to dig up sets on Frenz or wherever.

I've seen a couple of other rather well done sites, I think for Pearl Jam and Radiohead. Wezza Danny showed me one Radiohead site that was chocka with stats, perhaps even more than U2gigs (though I've a couple of ideas for extra data, or at least making some things more searchable).

I hate it when I go to see these really small, little known bands and know I'll be lucky to even find the set online afterwards, let alone stumble upon some well-organised database.

Ughh.. Frenz is terrible. But that Radiohead site, 58hours.com, is great. There's another site, made by a fan, but it's kind of creepy. It lists all the words Thom's sung/spoken for the tour, and a whole bunch of other weird shit. It's got a setlist predictor thing, which tells you the probability you have of hearing a song.

it'd be cool if they played your blue room... but people are getting excited like they'll play it in london. now i'm happy to be proven wrong, but surely they're getting a bit ahead of themselves over there.

hey ax do you like radiohead these days?

i seem to be posting more than ever now :grumpy:

night all.

I'm cynical enough to believe YBR will go the same way as Drowning Man: i.e. soundchecked and unplayed.

Eh, more like apathetic towards Radiohead at present. Some stuff on The Bends doesn't suck, and you already know I like Electioneering and Idioteque.

I in no way expect them to play YBR... they're just trying to prove to themselves that they tried to play something interesting.

</cynic>

What, you'd never know I spent 5 weeks with Ax... :whistle:

I'm cynical enough to believe YBR will go the same way as Drowning Man: i.e. soundchecked and unplayed.

Eh, more like apathetic towards Radiohead at present. Some stuff on The Bends doesn't suck, and you already know I like Electioneering and Idioteque.

I should like to point out that I did not see this before posting the above!

Hey Ali :wave:

Things are okay. I've had a shocker at work. and have to be back at the office at 7:30, so early night for me........I doubt it haha!

How is your good self?

Whatever. :giggle:

Least they aren't being compared to radiohead anymore.

That's what Queen should've done! Fuck that Paul Rodgers guy. It should be Queen + Thom Yorke.

... wait, that'd just be Muse. Back to the drawing board.

Hey Ali :wave:

Things are okay. I've had a shocker at work. and have to be back at the office at 7:30, so early night for me........I doubt it haha!

How is your good self?

Erk... sorry to hear about work!

I need an early night myself... which would have meant being asleep about 30 mins ago, haha. Still stuffed from the flight back, or the germs that came with me, or something. Work is all confusing, they changed a bunch of stuff while I was gone. Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

I see you have some giggage to look fwd to there... :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom