please...walk all over me...everyone's doing it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
as you all may or may not know, my occupation is (was) nannying the children of the woman who used to babysit me. she is a stay at home mom with 3 kids and needed some extra help, so i signed up for the job.

i get salary pay for 40 hours a week. the first few weeks, we kept it under control, but in subsequent weeks, they went up to and over 50 hours.

i told them i couldn't work next week on account of it being my last week at home until thanksgiving, and i still have a lot of packing to do. what do they do? SCHEDULE A TRIP. so i have to take care of their kids tuesday and wednesday. just me. all day. :crack: :crack:

right, and they haven't paid me for 3 weeks. that too.

:banghead: :banghead:

o, and that they've taken over my life by not giving me a shedule too.

:censored: :angry:

:help:

i'll boot your face

brettig said:

*does with his BOOTS on

*jets to australia, boots the hell out of you with this -->
dirtrider_b_s.jpg

:rant:

They better be steel caps Lilly, thats how SA's like it I hear...

Thanksgiving is a pretty big holiday in America isn't it? Honestly Lilly, screw them, you can refuse to babysit on these 2 days. Is thanksgiving near or something? Either way, your last week at home, you cannot be a doormat to these people. You said she is a stay at home mum - and they need a nanny for what exactly??? Bah, I shouldn't judge, but it sounds like you are being used so these people can just flit around and enjoy themselves. I'm sure they have good reasons for needing to take a trip, but you have resposibilities too.

Do these people not have family or friends or a neighbour they can leave the brats with for 2 days? I dunno, I guess you're prolly thinking it is only 2 days and not worth making the hugest fuss over, but like you hinted, you start giving a few more inches and people start taking a few more miles I think.

hehe...you're australian...

:lmao: i always forget that people don't know what thanksgiving in outside of the u.s....cos...yeah. thanksgiving is the last thursday in november. it celebrates the first "cordial" meeting between the puritans and the native americans. it is celebrated with turkey gluttony and football. and for school, i get off at 5 the night before, have to drive 6-8 hours home for a 5 day weekend which will pass quickly no doubt.

that's something that really pisses me off. their dad is never home. seriously, i'll go for weeks without seeing him, as will the kids. that is completely unhealthy. and it certainly pisses me off.

the kids are only bratty for attention, and i'm weaning them off that type of behavior, letting them know that it's irresponsible and they will get nothing, ever, and i mean EVER, from me if they act in certain ways (there have been a number of missed meals from them that they've had to spend in the bathroom cos there's no toys).

i put my foot down about next week. the mothers' parents and sister are taking them for parts of the time. which is a plus...i guess. still..i'm pissed.

*sings*

These boots are made for walking
and walking is what they'll do
One of these days
the boots are gonna walk all over you

:D

Put yer foot down my dear!!!!! I know it is hard because they are friends of the family....but have you said anything to your mom about this? Maybe she can put a stop to this.

They not paying you is not right...it sounds more like they are taking advantage of your friendship.

you could always...

demand that they start giveing u a schedual and paying on time, or ur gonna walk....i know it sounds drastic, but if u tried being nice and the wont listen, its time to brake out the baby powder and give em a pimp-slap...ur helping them out and they should be a lil more curtious of you...

u can walk over me if it'll make u feel better..

daisybean said:
*sings*

These boots are made for walking
and walking is what they'll do
One of these days
the boots are gonna walk all over you

Imagines Operation Ivy doing these lyrics.

Lilly, let them know you can't be taken advantage of like this, it is not fair and unacceptable. Tell them you need to have all payment in full this week and that if they want you to do this in the future, you would like to have a schedule with more than a few days notice.

Back
Top Bottom