Please help computer nerds... ( I mean that in a good way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
For some reason ,I'm no longer able to reply to, or create emails from my outlook express. It's telling me that the address book failed to open, and that Outlook is configured incorrectly and that I should reinstall. WTF happened? I have touched any part of my computer that would have changed this. Any suggestions!!?!?!? Please help!!

Do you have it on disk? Or maybe a .zip file on your computer?

Or you could use Microsoft Outlook instead, you can import all your address and emails from Express.

Microsoft products suck? :reject:

Yeah, if it's basically telling you you need to install, I'd go with that. :( The OS should come with at least Outlook Express bundled. If you're desperate for the full version of Outlook, I can probably hook you up with the version from the Office XP suite.

the rockin edge said:
you must offer you firstborn as a sacrifice to appease bill gates

No kidding!

Actually, I don't have anything against him personally, the man has done a lot more for certain causes than our friggin government, but having a monopoly, at least in the mindshare of consumers, makes it easier for Mircosoft to be lazy with the quality of their products.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

No kidding!

Actually, I don't have anything against him personally, the man has done a lot more for certain causes than our friggin government, but having a monopoly, at least in the mindshare of consumers, makes it easier for Mircosoft to be lazy with the quality of their products.

now, I wont defend the government ;) but i have problems with him, mainly how he (& others) made microsoft big by stealing other peoples ideas and all around dirty behaviour

i haven't bought any microsoft product for a long time:wink:

*sorry for thread derailing*

the rockin edge said:

now, I wont defend the government ;) but i have problems with him, mainly how he (& others) made microsoft big by stealing other peoples ideas and all around dirty behaviour

i haven't bought any microsoft product for a long time:wink:

It's true - he's a much better philanthropist than business man, IMO.

I use Microsoft products....but I've never bought them, bwahahaha!!! :macdevil:

My OSs are free b/c I qualified for this educational alliance that gives me free licenses of all MS software except Office, which I used a hacked open license for. Do I feel guilty? Nah! :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

It's true - he's a much better philanthropist than business man, IMO.

I use Microsoft products....but I've never bought them, bwahahaha!!! :macdevil:

My OSs are free b/c I qualified for this educational alliance that gives me free licenses of all MS software except Office, which I used a hacked open license for. Do I feel guilty? Nah! :D

that's cool :up:

office is the only microsoft stuff i use on my mac & i have some form of hack too :mac: :wink:

Macintosh :drool:

If only they didn't cost 10 times more than my perfectly good Windows laptop (seriously). I wanted to get a Mac, but when I sold my original desktop that I'd saved up all my babysitting money to buy on my own, I got a sweet ass digicam instead. BUT, I get to use Macs at work to my heart's desire.

Anyway, back on topic....this computer nerd has never used Outlook or Outlook express.

Maybe you could give Thunderbird a shot? It's free...

thanks for the help all...

It seems to be working now... turns out my husband thinks he clicked on something last night on my account, he had logged on so that he could add movies to our Netflix queue. :mad: Only lasting effect, is that he deleted my address book. Could be worse I suppose.

BTW... if I had any of your email addresses... could you be so kind as to email them to me again or PM me? :reject: thanks!

Back
Top Bottom