Player of tournament

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose you have to give it to Khan because he has single-handedly (well, both hands really!) taken Germany to the final.

It doesn't really say much about the quality of the players on show that a goalkeeper was the best player.

Maybe FIFA will now realise that if they want the greatest show on earth to actually be any good, they have to stop messing around and treat the players better and organise things properly and stop running after money.

If it isn't careful, it could go the same way of the Olympics.

bullet the blue sky said:
I suppose you have to give it to Khan because he has single-handedly (well, both hands really!) taken Germany to the final.

It doesn't really say much about the quality of the players on show that a goalkeeper was the best player.

Maybe FIFA will now realise that if they want the greatest show on earth to actually be any good, they have to stop messing around and treat the players better and organise things properly and stop running after money.

If it isn't careful, it could go the same way of the Olympics.

I totally agree:yes:

Salome said:

I can think of three different meanings for the term 'player.'

In one sense I definitely agree with Rivaldo being player of the tournament. In the second I'm not sure--I'm not privy to details about his personal life, and frankly I'd rather not know. In the third, I'm kind of divided between Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Kahn.

Guess:D

too hard?
a clue?

Starts with "R", ends with "O" and has a heart of gold in the middle.

Rinaldo!!!
He has most goals not to mention the biggest one to get thru Turkey. I don't think Kahn can keep him out, if he does then Kahn gets consideration.

god theres so many...

DAMIEN DUFF
SHAY GIVEN
ROBBIE KEANE
STEVE FINNAN
STEVE STAUNTON
MATT HOLLAND
MARK KINSELLA
GARY KELLY
NIALL QUINN

AND THE REST OF THE BOYS IN GREEN!!

however if i was forced to pick outside Ireland, Oliver Kahn has been fantastic-ROBBIES THE ONLT ONE THAT GOT A GOAL PAST HIM!!! How great an achievement is that??

3356065810.jpg

4228431901.jpg

I think that it?s about time that a goalie gets some credit

Kahn
Rivaldo
Mattie Holland!(Roy Keane played for Ireland?!;) )

Most promising anyone? My vote definitely goes to Damien Duff, or even Robbie Keane!:)

Biggest shock good performance by a player? Rustu, Breen, midfielder for Mexico I can't think of, Ramones I think or something, Rafo? And a central defender from South Korea, again tricky name.

Speaking of France 98, does anyone happen to have a photo of Fabien Barthez and Ronaldo colliding in midair during the finals?

lazyboy said:
Kahn
Rivaldo
Mattie Holland!(Roy Keane played for Ireland?!;) )

Most promising anyone? My vote definitely goes to Damien Duff, or even Robbie Keane!:)

Biggest shock good performance by a player? Rustu, Breen, midfielder for Mexico I can't think of, Ramones I think or something, Rafo? And a central defender from South Korea, again tricky name.

Ramon Morales?

I think Gerardo Torrado was better for us, and thinking of young players, I think Metzelder (21 years has been very good) and Klose has been the best young forward.

from Ireland I liked more robbie.

sorry bullet. I found a site this morning...
All I Want Is Ronaldo. LMAO

Before this WC I had never seen him play, except for one documentary about his early days some time ago. And I'd seen no pics. So I have got a bit carried away:D I'll behave....until Sunday night:D

speedracer said:
Speaking of France 98, does anyone happen to have a photo of Fabien Barthez and Ronaldo colliding in midair during the finals?

This??
98_1.jpg

:D

About the player of Tournament, I'll go with everybody.... Kahn. Fabulous tournament for him.
icon14.gif

Salome said:
I don't
I stopped watching after the semi finals:tongue:

After semis? but why? there was one more game with holland in the suporting role after semis :mac:

and Rivaldo? - no way, hi is so selfish, and not to metion his acting possibilities...
in semi-final the superstar tht is ronaldo passes, assissts, but rivaldo has no idea what a team-play is,a nd all that when the result is only 1:0.. he had 3 chances to assist his teammates for a certain goal but his agenda was only to keep up with ronaldo on the scoresheet... phatetic. That's why he doesn't deserve to win the title of player of the tournament.

so it's Kahn, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, and maybe even Ballack, but as he doesn't play the finaly he hasn't got a chance

Salome said:
I don't
I stopped watching after the semi finals:tongue:

Typical Dutch... not quite getting to the end ;)

And if you wanted a "better" pic of Ronaldo and Barthez colliding in mid-air, you should have bought my paper. I put it in especially!

at least it's not Kahn
he should have hold on to Rinaldo's shot that caused the first goal

Salome said:
at least it's not Kahn
he should have hold on to Rinaldo's shot that caused the first goal

Not the best time for Kahn to make his first mistake of the tournament.

Back
Top Bottom