Player of tournament - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-02-2002, 11:30 AM   #61
Local Time: 08:25 AM
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
Interestingly enough, the German guy I sat next to at the pub watching the Cup said that Kahn isn't NOT such a nice guy. Not that I'm assuming they're personal friends, but apparently that was his impression having lived in his home country and following the sport.

But whatever...he's definitely a good goalie. Shame about the mistakes in the game, but he shouldn't feel too bad...if not for him, the team would not have BEEN in that game.
Olli Kahn is the kind of star that brings lots of mixed emotions to fans, when he plays for Germany, of course ALL germans wants him to do good, but when he is with FC Bayern, of course, Bayern fans LOVE him, and the rest obviously HATE him, specially if his saves help FC Bayern win, which happens a lot.

Old 07-03-2002, 09:24 AM   #62
Local Time: 01:25 PM
when i was in spain, we had eurosport, and he musta been the german spokesman or somethin cuz he was in it ALL THE TIME!! and he genuinely seemed like a really nice guy!! Although i may be a bit biased cuz he said Ireland could have beaten Germany!

However, even if he was a complete F*****, it wouldnt matter. Football games arent a competition of personalities!He is such a brilliant goalie, and thoroughly deserved the golden ball award!

Ps the guy who said Kahn wasnt nice......didnt happen to be a Leverkusen supporter by any chance??????