play the game...everybody NOW PLAYING:-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Art of Fighting -- Come Round and Show Me (live)

Television - Torn Curtain

Hey, Indra, I'm thinking of buying a Church album. I checked to see if they had any on the iTunes music shop, but couldn't find anything there, so it looks like I'm going with Amazon. Any recommendations?

GibsonGirl said:

Hey, Indra, I'm thinking of buying a Church album. I checked to see if they had any on the iTunes music shop, but couldn't find anything there, so it looks like I'm going with Amazon. Any recommendations?

The Church -- Invisible (EMD acoustic)

Actually they are on iTunes (at least here). Most of their more recent work is available on iTunes along with classics such as Starfish and Priest=Aura (I wouldn't suggest P=A though as most people find it a bunch of pretentious tripe. :shrug: ) Plus you can pick a song or two from several albums, which can be nice. If you can get individual songs, skip the songs MWP and PK do vocals on (Chromium, Tristesse on EMD only, Appalatia, A New Season, See Your Lights).

But if they aren't available on iTunes it would really depend on what type of sound you are most like. El Momento Descuidado (acoustic reworking of nine of their songs along with 5 new ones) and After Everything Now This are very mellow albums. Forget Yourself is more dynamic and raw and sometimes a bit muddy (which was intended).

Starfish is their classic album...most people who only like one of their albums like this one. Always a good choice.

Heyday is also a wonderful album...one of my faves. Great especially if you like jangly guitar.

And if you just want an overview (especially of their earlier work) the compilation album Under The Milky Way: The Best of The Church is worth the price (although I think the last song -- Two Places At Once -- sucks).

The Church -- Pearls

from the new Back With Two Beasts cd which I'm liking more and more.... I think I'll take this one to bed with me tonight. :) Stevie K's voice is just getting better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom