Plaster Problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Ok, I burnt me fecking arm the other fecking 2 weeks ago and just for chance in that I might be able to save its ass, bought those special 'Reduce Scarring' plasters from Boots.

Had them on and off.............(look Darcy scrapped my neck one time and 2 days later I bought these and they really really helped!) - but now they all used up and I was prob too f*king late in putting them on anyhow cause it was a metal bar that touched my skin so its like fricking an inch long on my arm and I just KNOW its gonna leave a white scar!!!!!!!! :scream: (its stil dark at moment)

Ok so yes, its not the end of the world and it coulda been worse and all, but here is the prob!

A week and a bit later, the sticky edges of the plaster that would stick to the skin, well, there STILL seems to be a darkish like 'discolourment' there..........and I find that pretty odd! sort of a dryness too,

so can anyone tell me if I have NOT properly washed the sticky shit off right and thus its dried on completely? (I have scrubbed at it!).......or is it normal if you wear plasters a loooong time its like that til fecking knows when?

:lmao:

I .......know.......folks....I know..........

its just, it looksl ike ive got a playing card with a line on my arm!

Last edited:
If you put it on raw skin where the burn is, you should really change something like that twice a day. Despite the fact that those tings are sold sterile and whatnot, bacteria and things can still get into the raw wound. Having traces of the plaster there after this time is not good maddie! Go to a medical centre or something and see a nurse who will clean it up properly and dress it for you and also tell you how to minimise scarring.

Goose!

oh no nononononono its not weeping or was ever open babes

its cleared up quite well......I was trying to 'restrict' scarring.........with these bandages..

hmm....maybe its just stickiness shit that I have truly not washed off prop.....

*will scrub at it real hard in the shower later*

thanks thou Angie...........:)

dont scrub it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its burnt!!!!!!!!!!!! (incase you aren't painfully aware of that lol)

If its just the sticky stuff you want to get off, try using some good old 'Eucalyptus Oil'.

It will take it off no worries! I thought you were talking about something else :lol:

Don't know about the plaster, but you can get vitamin e (either in a bottle or in the capsules that you can break open) to help minimize the scar.

It's my favourite vitamin. :yes:

One word: VITAMIN E CREAM. Okay, so that's three words but whatever. :p I once got dragged through hedge when I worked at a riding stables and my arms were covered in scars for ages. I put vitamin E cream on them everday for a while and eventually they started to fade. It takes a while to notice a difference, but it does work eventually. :)

mad1 said:
Ok, I burnt me fecking arm...bought those special 'Reduce Scarring' plasters from Boots.

Just curious - how much did they cost? I was going to buy a pack recently, but was shocked at the AU$40.00 cost.

Back
Top Bottom