Plans for the World Cup final game?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anyone have big plans? Parties or whatnot?

I'm stuck here in Minnesota in a house that isn't mine owned by people that could care less, but I think the boys that rent the downstairs might be up for a mini-party. :D

I know if I wait for the replay at noon on Sunday, I could see it at one of the British or Irish pubs in town (American sports bars will be showing baseball or something dumb, I imagine :mad: )

Anyways, good luck to both teams and may it be an exciting match!

I may watch it on the tellie at home or I may be with my girlfriend enjoying other things than football

The match here will be at 8 am, so different from any given Sunday I?ll wake up early, so I probably will be like :yawn: for the first 5 minutes.

Then the 4 "R" will be on field and I?ll be screaming, biting my nails, cursing the referee, etc, etc, for the next 2 hours. :D

At the end I hope to be more :laugh: than :sad:

Because I want my Sunday to be :up: rather than :down:

After that I?ll go to the mass. As usual. And after that I?ll have my churrasco (that?s barbecue for you ;)). As usual. But with a glass of fine wine this time around. A German one. :D

pacing lots of pacing...I do not know how people sit down and watch and exciting game of soccer.
It will just be me and my boys #13x3 :), I have so enjoyed sharing it with them. They teach me a lot. We've had lots of laughs, the "alternate commentary" like last night, one was saying...no way is Rivaldo going to pass that ball, he's having as many shots as he can, he wants the "golden boot".

It's been marvellous, so shall no doubt I'll mark the closing day with a meal and some music inspired by Brasil and Germany and maybe I will make some paper cranes....to remind us of how lucky we are.

Make sure the alarm clock rings before 6 am, ( the time of the game), I guess I will not see the game from bed, and after Germany wins, :D I guess some phone calls over the ocean, after that, we have some good brazilian and german restaurants here. I still need to chose.

I just have to say that, that follower sunday sounds cool, specially the churrasco, about the german wine, no matter the result, drink it! its worth ;)

If zonelistener isn't working that morning, we might go down to a British pub in Minneapolis and join in the fun there. :D

Otherwise, it may be me huddled in front of the telly at home at 6:30 in the morning. hehe.

I'll be in NYC probably still clubbing! So I will miss it. :( I'd catch the replay but I will probably still be clubbing at noon *lol*

You guys have fun at whatever world cup festivities you wind up attending :D

Me and two friends have made it a ritual to pull all-nighters to watch the later games, so that's the plan still... The match will be on at 3:30 here.

cass said:
It's been marvellous, so shall no doubt I'll mark the closing day with a meal and some music inspired by Brasil and Germany and maybe I will make some paper cranes....to remind us of how lucky we are.

Dear friend cass, may I give you and advice?

Throw all your polka CDs away, LOL...and stick to the best rhythm to have fun with...which is our very own SAMBA!!! I bet you won?t regret it. ;)

:lol: :yes: :cool:

rafmed said:
I just have to say that, that follower sunday sounds cool, specially the churrasco, about the german wine, no matter the result, drink it! its worth ;)

I?ll have it, that?s for sure. Better having it as a celebration though...or the hangover will be much much worse :tongue:

U guys are an inspiration....
definitely samba,
and I've just remembered this lovely German strawberry wine (well imho, no one else seems to like it...good:D)

so it shall be German wine and Brasil nuts(I didn't feel like cooking anyway)
and lots and lots of gasping at missed shots and good saves.
And then the big cheer as Ronaldo gets a goal:D

Cheers music /football lovers... oh heck this may be my last chance, sing it loud!!!!.....corre, abre espaco, levante, vibra e agradece...joga bola jogador
( not 100% sure what I said then follower, blame Max Cavelera )

It's been 4 fun weeks.Thanks

awww a quick RIP, one of the grandaddy's of Oz soccer passed away last night, very elderly, worked with the national team in the 70's, much loved and respected. He and my friend Craig from the Bears both missed THE game. Glad I had you guys to share it with :)
Heads up men
slainte

ho hum

I guess I will be watching it at home this time. There's no longer any excitement ever since South Korea got out of the game. Previously, the games could go either way, but this time, everyone knows Brazil will win. It's just a matter of watching how.

foray

rafmed said:

Don't worry, I'm sure we can help you with some remedies for your bad hungover on monday morning ;)

IF and I said IF I have "that" kind of hungover...do you think some tequila would help me? :D
Be nice and fair amigo, I?m looking for a good professional opinion here ;)

cass said:
Cheers music /football lovers... oh heck this may be my last chance, sing it loud!!!!.....corre, abre espaco, levante, vibra e agradece...joga bola jogador
( not 100% sure what I said then follower, blame Max Cavelera )

Oh no, Oh no...Sepultura and crazy Max Cavalera making history again, LOL.
Max kinda describes what your boy does in that bit. I?m confident you got it right cass ;)
Another one for you. :) Somebody has to do something about his hair though, LOL

3615939876.jpg

follower said:

IF and I said IF I have "that" kind of hungover...do you think some tequila would help me? :D
Be nice and fair amigo, I?m looking for a good professional opinion here ;)

Don't worry, I will have enough to tequila for the celebration, ( no matter who wins) :D
and yeah, it can help in the hungover, at least, keeping the hungover away! ;)

rafmed said:

Don't worry, I will have enough to tequila for the celebration, ( no matter who wins) :D
and yeah, it can help in the hungover, at least, keeping the hungover away! ;)

uh huh :D I beLIEve in you :yes:

Com certeza ;)

woohoo! Called Brits Pub and they will be open at quarter to six for the game! :D Looks like zoney and me will be going to see it there bright and early. :yes:

*dance of excitement*

Tomorrow I'll go to here
small_dscf3348.jpg

and watch the game with my friends and other people. :D I expect a lot of fun there...

PEACE

I went to my friend's 40th birthday party last night and I knew there would be lots of children there. So I took some origami paper and they made 30 of these for me to add to the 2 million in Japan

btw, they are in my beloved summer shade tree...Elvis:)

Attachments

• peacewc02003.jpg
    peacewc02003.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom