Planet of the Apes: My hopes are dashed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ach Damn Pub!!!!!!!!

I was gonna see it too.......they should have let u direct it then!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

would have been a masterpiece then
wink.gif

heehee..thanks, maddie... yeah, if I directed then I could have had you star in the movie as an ape ass-kicker!
wink.gif
From what I've heard, though, the script was so bad that I'm not sure any director could have saved it. No damn dirty apes for me. 'Tis a damn dirty shame.
frown.gif

------------------
-pub

Well Pub, this is what I would do if I were in ur shoes son (that IS if ur a laddie!!
biggrin.gif
), I would still go and see it, wanna know why? Because it really may not be all that bad.......pple bombed Pearl Harbor, but I still went to see it and enjoyed it very much, ok it was a weeee bit long, but still overall, I enjoyed it.......and still I intend to see Tombraider and JP3............

please go, before I make ya, by coming over and tying u to the cinnie seat!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

naturally its ur choice, but, I to this day, have learned NOT to be swayed by other opinions.........IM still gonna go see the ape film, and yes, I am in it, kicking Mudda Bean's ass!!!!!!!

smile.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
I would still go and see it, wanna know why? Because it really may not be all that bad.......pple bombed Pearl Harbor, but I still went to see it and enjoyed it very much....

True enough... thanks, perhaps I will give the apes a chance.
smile.gif
It's just that the person who told me the movie sucks actually worked very closely on the film, which is a bad sign.

To be honest huney I dont know toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much bout the film, and I have never seen the original
rolleyes.gif

HOWEVER, if they both gotta kick ass other kickass ass-kickin apes, then both us U2ers shall support em..............wite????????

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

YEAH IM GONNA KICK WHOEVER KICKS MARKS CUTE TIGHT ASS!!!!!!!!!

My god, all this ass-kickin, there will be sore red butts all over the cinema
wink.gif

I will definitely be going to see Planet of the Apes no matter what the critics say because it it a Tim Burton film and I see all Tim Burton films. Even if the film has some flaws, I am sure there will be some brilliant Burton moments mixed in here and there.

I'll believe it when I see it.

------------------
The "Goul" is Soul

I've since heard a better review of the movie than I first heard. The review: Yes there are some (minor) holes in the plot, and yes there could have been better character development, but overall it's a pretty good movie. Well, go figure, more character development needed in a big action/adventure flick. Not a shocker.

Originally posted by Calluna:

I will definitely be going to see Planet of the Apes no matter what the critics say because it it a Tim Burton film and I see all Tim Burton films. Even if the film has some flaws, I am sure there will be some brilliant Burton moments mixed in here and there.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I totally agree, I have not seen a Tim Burton film yet that I have not liked, I love his style of movie-making and he just keeps getting better and better, like how cool was 'Sleepy Hollow'?????, the man is a magician
smile.gif

Originally posted by pub crawler:
I just saw the film. Turns out it does suck. Well, it's pretty weak, anyway.

Argh, this sucks...I hope after this Tim Burton goes back to what he's best at-artistry, not big budgets. I'm still going to see it, after all-it's Burton, my fave director.

OT: OK-who else here thought "Batman Returns" was the coolest movie ever?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"If I could stay...then the night would give you up."

~April~

Burton always seems to come up short in the story department. If only he had better writers (or the ability to see good writing from so-so writing).

He obviously creates very visually striking films, filled with originality. But his films tend to leave you wishing that they were just a little bit better.

Originally posted by Bound:
Burton always seems to come up short in the story department. If only he had better writers (or the ability to see good writing from so-so writing).

Yeah, the writing on Apes is quite lacking. I'd be interested to know if Burton did any rewrites himself. If he didn't, then my question is, what demon got into his head and told him to shoot this script?

Back
Top Bottom