Place to purchase inexpensive software?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Does anyone know a website or company that sells software at a discount? I know it's common knowledge this stuff is expensive.. I'm taking classes now so I need more software and I don't want it to run me dry.

Specifically I'm looking for Adobe Premiere or Vegas Video. If you know of a website that offers these (I think the lowest I've found is $217 and $149 respectively) I'd loveeee to hear it.

Thanks so much :D

http://www.newegg.com/

A general store that sells academic versions of a lot of software, which it looks like you qualify for, but they don't even check to see if you're a student. Lucky us, eh?

Melon

Yup, I'm a student. Thanks guys! :up:

I also found this site which allows you to download the software in its entirety, you just don't get it in a box with a manual. They say it's legal, and it's really cheap.

oliveu2cm said:
I also found this site which allows you to download the software in its entirety, you just don't get it in a box with a manual. They say it's legal, and it's really cheap.

I'm skeptical of its legality. :shrug: It sounds like they are trying to hide under an older copyright law that was superceded by the DMCA, which, incidentally, would also prove what they are doing to be illegal.

I wouldn't buy from them. It looks like a scam.

Melon

Last edited:
hmmm, hypothetically, there's a possibility I could obtain said Adobe Premiere at zero cost.....um, let me see about that.....

oliveu2cm said:
heres another that looks great and is the cheapest i've found so far www.academicsuperstore.com

This one looks legit. Just to let you know, their prices are accurate, but are posted in a gimmick manner. The "SRP" is the non-academic version price, while their price is the academic price...that all academic software vendors charge.

But this one looks good to me, on the surface.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom