pixies suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
hi all! wow i can't remember the last time i posted in this forum...i hardly come in here :ohmy: :silent:

anyway i've got a question for all ya pixies fans.

i only own 2 pixie's albums, and i love them both. (Trompe le Monde and Bossanova).

yesterday i found out that the pixies are coming to dallas in october and tickets go on sale tomorrow which i'm definitely going to try to get.

my question is, what are some other good pixies cds to buy? since i only own those 2, i find myself wanting more, and i want to catch up a little more on some of their music before i see them again in october.

so thanks in advance :wave:

Last edited:
see the Radiohead @ coachella thread in B&C. Abel you best go to the show. I would kill for these guys to come to my area.

Go out and get Doolittle today. Amazing album.

*edit* apparently my computer was a bit overenthusiastic about that and felt the need for a double-post :shrug:

*makes note to buy doolittle this weekend*

i've had the pleasure of seeing the pixies twice. once when they were on their own, and of course once when they opened for U2 :heart: i also saw frank black when he toured with they might be giants a few years back.

*crosss fingers that i can get tickets tomorrow* :hyper:

Last edited:
Doolittle is necessary. (....but it's the only one of their cd's I own!)

They just released a 'Best Of' compilation this week, I've been considering that cd actually.

*is listening to doolittle* :drool:

it's surprising, i actually recognize a lot of these songs...i dunno if it's just from osmosis listening to the radio or from the concerts i've been to.

:up: :D

*gets nervous and excited about getting tickets tomorrow* :hyper:

Surfer Rosa and Bossa Nova are by far my 2 favourite Pixies albums

some individual songs to check out from Surfer Rosa would be:
Bone Machine
Gigantic
Break my body
Vamos
Where is my mind?

i'll have to check out surfer rosa. although doolittle is good, after a couple listens to it, i still don't like it as much as bossanova or even trompe le monde. bossanova is still so far my favorite pixies album. :up:

i can't believe none of my friends want to go see the pixies :scream:

now i'm gonna be stuck with 2 or 3 extra tickets that i probably shouldn't have bought :angry:

Come On Pilgrim
Surfer Rosa
DOOLITTLE!

Even the band thinks these are their masterpieces, because they pretty much ignore Bossanova and Trompe songs on the 2004 tour. I mean, those albums are great, but the first two are fantastic. Doolittle is one of my favorite albums ever.

Back
Top Bottom