Pity Me, County Durham Superthread - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #526
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I eat for breakfast two toasted ham and cheese sandwiches with young dutch cheese... at the moment I bought a piece of Port Salut and some mozzarella for a salad tomorrow (mozzarella tomato salad )
and I just realised I forgot to buy brie... and I like goat cheese too, but it has to be REALLY young otherwise it's too strong for my liking..
I don't eat breakfast these days - lunch tends to be my first meal, two toasted sandwiches with salami and tasty cheese (and sometimes olives or tomatoes or whatever else I happen to have handy). My dinners tend to have cheese in some way, say parmesan atop gnocchi napoli or camembert in a Turkish bread roll with a bunch of vegetables and some sort of meat.

Quote:
I too was once one of the hyperactive PLEBA kids... but I feel I just grew out of that... now I am not at all interested in the band members, except musically... I am now more interested in the music and the way they play rather than who's playing, and I'm not exactly bouncing up and down for the new album... I guess I just matured a bit faster than most kids in PLEBA

and my appreciation for Adam is now MUCH bigger than it ever was.... might've something to do with the fact I started to play bass...
Has Ali been influencing you?

Personally, I don't understand what's happened to Adam. His playing on Pop seemed to have developed some real nuance, but this decade it seems he's been happy to take a back seat and go back to very simplistic stuff. I wonder if he feels he can't do any more because the songwriting in general has been dumbed down.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #527
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:58 AM
Quote:
and my appreciation for Adam is now MUCH bigger than it ever was.... might've something to do with the fact I started to play bass...
OMG same here!!! Adam rocks! I've been inspired to pick up my bass again and get back to practicing. I'm determined to join a band before the end of the year.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #528
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
I'm dangerous when it comes to cheese. I buy a half a pound for sandwiches every week and I'm lucky if it lasts until Wednesday.

I go through my bags of parmesan and pizza cheese at an alarming rate. I can at least get a 1kg block of tasty to last for a little while, though that's partly because, at $10 a pop, I've become more frugal with the stuff.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #529
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 03:58 PM
The things i could tell you about Miss GG
Old 07-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

Personally, I don't understand what's happened to Adam. His playing on Pop seemed to have developed some real nuance, but this decade it seems he's been happy to take a back seat and go back to very simplistic stuff. I wonder if he feels he can't do any more because the songwriting in general has been dumbed down.
dis
a
gree

a man and a woman is fuckin jammin!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #531
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
Good girl!

You need to start postin' like madness! Axver is ahead of you in postcount!!!! You are not no. 1 anymore

how'v eyou been?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #532
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me, really. I still love the band, and am just as excited about the upcoming album and eventual tour as the next superfan. I come to this site more for the community aspect than I do for the band. I rarely step into IQ, unless it is for a good laugh, I'll venture into PLEBA bc they sometimes are the first to get word of updates. But I've met loads of people from this site, I can't even keep track anymore. Many of them have become close friends of mine that I hang out with and talk to on a regular basis. LOL sometimes I forget that this is a U2 site.
See, when I first came here, I already had another well-established online community of friends and I was really just here for the U2 discussion. The fact that I've become really involved in the community and consider this to now be my online home is something I never expected.

I've got to admit I'm mainly looking forward to the next tour just because it'll give me stuff to do on U2gigs. I love working on the site.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #533
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
Hello number two.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #534
Galeonbroad

Quote:
I don't eat breakfast these days - lunch tends to be my first meal, two toasted sandwiches with salami and tasty cheese (and sometimes olives or tomatoes or whatever else I happen to have handy). My dinners tend to have cheese in some way, say parmesan atop gnocchi napoli or camembert in a Turkish bread roll with a bunch of vegetables and some sort of meat.

Has Ali been influencing you?

my breakfast is at noon, so I think it counts as lunch... I don't lunch well with some fruit..

damn I'm now hungry!

well yea partly and I think Adam went from simplistic(80s) to complicated (90s) and back to easy again... Tho as Mia says, AMAAW is really good...
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #535
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
dis
a
gree

a man and a woman is fuckin jammin!
Oh, I'm not going to say it's all simplistic. I like the bass in Grace, for instance. That carries the song. But I think his level of playing on Pop was really a cut above anything he's done this decade and I'd like to see him return to that level.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #536
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Quote:
Good girl!

how'v eyou been?

About from my laptop being delayed , MSN still not co-operating and i go back to work tomorrow , i'm ok

Been busy with Bonnie

How ya doing?

Quote:
Good girl!

You need to start postin' like madness! Axver is ahead of you in postcount!!!! You are not no. 1 anymore
Hey there's room for more postwhores,
Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #537
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
See, when I first came here, I already had another well-established online community of friends and I was really just here for the U2 discussion. The fact that I've become really involved in the community and consider this to now be my online home is something I never expected.

I've got to admit I'm mainly looking forward to the next tour just because it'll give me stuff to do on U2gigs. I love working on the site.
oh the tour is gonna be friggin awesome. it's an experience. i actually like camping out all day in line. you really get to know some people and friendships can grow from the most unexpected places. that plus, being outside all day getting sunsoaked and drinking can definitely create special memories.

i'm looking forward to seeing people from other shows again, and meeting more. and your site kicks ass, btw.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #538
Galeonbroad

Please is MADNESS that song is pretty complicated

I still wonder wether Adam was the one who thought up the riff on MoFo... that IS a killer bassriff, but yea, synth... wish I could play that fast
Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #539
Blue Crack Supplier

before i get all excited for nothing again, is the latest "clip" in EYKIW worth listening to?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #540
Galeonbroad

I am really looking forward to the tour! Dublin, London, Amsterdam I hope it all works out!
is gonna be the first time I see them live...

Tags
superthread