Pity Me, County Durham Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I haven't! I'd love to. I am not a summers and warmth person. When I was little and lived in New Zealand, I'd wear shorts and t-shirt to school right through winter, even if it was below zero. But it never snowed in my hometown. Once it got damn close, halfway down the hill behind us! Everybody was all excited, but then the next day was warmer and that was the end of that.

Living in Queensland for too long made me less tolerant of the cold, though ... :sigh:

Well, it's quite an experience, let me tell you. :yikes:

I hate to do this to you, Ax, but we're going the wrong way. We're getting mushed northwards into southeast Asia, and all that hot humidity.

Noooooo!

What about New Zealand then? Is it going to be unpleasantly torn apart? :yikes:

I just don't think to name inanimate objects, and it's not something the people around me when I was little were doing either, so it's not a habit I grew up with or anything. I don't name my guitar or iPod, for example. If I had a car, it'd probably be "that lump of metal that isn't a tram". :wink:

And if you had a tram...? :wink:

:lol:

Sorry, a Holden Commodore... Ostensibly an Australian company, I can't remember which country's giant auto conglomerate bought them out. :down:

General Motors, I believe.

Also, I love the idea of a Holden on the scrap heap. :drool:

So when is Ax going to get his Tram license?

Nowadays, you need a valid driver's licence to drive trams. :grumpy:

They introduced that standard in the mid-1980s, I believe. There are now only three tram drivers left who don't have car licences.

And if you had a tram...? :wink:

:laugh: "Fiducia". Because if I had a tram, it'd be a Fiducia from Wellington. And I'd force Yarra Trams to let me run it with a trolley pole rather than a pantograph.

:drool: :drool:

Noooooo!

What about New Zealand then? Is it going to be unpleasantly torn apart? :yikes:
Alas, no.

There were groans of dismay in the class where we were talking about this when I was at uni... NZ is actually getting bigger, oozing out of the gap between the Australian plate and the Pacific one, while Aus is getting ploughed under New Guinea.

*looks it up*

general motors :D
:madwife:
I remember now... there's always controversy about whether or not GM will close their manufacturing plant in Adelaide or wherever it is.

and why is college girl not signed in online? i need to try to sure up thqat date with her tomorrow

:laugh: "Fiducia". Because if I had a tram, it'd be a Fiducia from Wellington. And I'd force Yarra Trams to let me run it with a trolley pole rather than a pantograph.

:drool: :drool:

I know you've mentioned what a pantograph is before, but I can't help but think it involves some sort of pants-related statistical analysis.

Alas, no.

There were groans of dismay in the class where we were talking about this when I was at uni... NZ is actually getting bigger, oozing out of the gap between the Australian plate and the Pacific one, while Aus is getting ploughed under New Guinea.

Haha, awesome. Go New Zealand!

And poor New Guinea, getting rudely assaulted by Australia. :tsk:

Less a Ford person, more not a Holden person. I'd like to go back to the days of having other manufacturers in the V8s. This duopoly is fairly dull.

I don't give a crap who makes the cars anyway, as long as they don't fall to bits.

Mazda FTW. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom