Pity Me, County Durham Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love toyotas :drool: before this i've owned two camrys. this is my first new car :love:

My parents have a Camry... actually, they might have the new car now. My mum went and bought a bloody Forester... :banghead: I never picked her for the suburban SUV type!! She lives in a rural town, but she never drives anywhere you'd NEED a 4WD. Ah well.

Before that, they had a Commodore that was the same age I was. It's on the scrap heap now... wonder how much longer I've got. :uhoh:

I do have kahlua... but I also have a slightly unhappy stomach, so that's not going to happen.

Excuses, excuses ... :tsk:

As for naming cars, that seems to be a bit of a foreign concept to me; none of my family does that. Though my mother does refer to her car as feminine sometimes, e.g. "the poor girl's running out of petrol".

Nice! I'd love to visit Canada some day, but only in the summer. Those winters you have up there would kill me!

Their winters sound incredible. :drool:

So, Ali, how long until continental drift at least gets us down to Hobart's level? I mean, it may not have Canadian winters, but it'd at least be something.

Yeah, I've always thought that would be too funny! :laugh:

But on cloudy days, I tend to not have the cane, so I'm surprised he hasn't tried yet. I guess now he recognises me and knows I have the cane or something. I lived here for a year without a cane and never got hassled, though!

He's losing his competitive edge :tsk:

Nice! I'd love to visit Canada some day, but only in the summer. Those winters you have up there would kill me!

It's a great place to visit, but some places are colder than others in the winter. Vancouver, for example, is relatively mild. But you should visit in the summer, especially Montreal. :D There's tons of things to do in the summer.

As for naming cars, that seems to be a bit of a foreign concept to me; none of my family does that. Though my mother does refer to her car as feminine sometimes, e.g. "the poor girl's running out of petrol".

my first car was "gizzy", bc sometimes it made that sound. my next one was silverhawk. my 3rd was jub-jub. and this camry is my 4th...i've no idea.

People get attached to things, and cars are usually big parts of people's lives... :shrug:

I think my car's a boy, though.

Their winters sound incredible. :drool:

So, Ali, how long until continental drift at least gets us down to Hobart's level? I mean, it may not have Canadian winters, but it'd at least be something.

Have you ever experienced a cold winter, with lots of snow and -20 degree Celsius temperature?

I feel for Mia, who will have to endure her first full winter. But let's not talk about that yet, as it's still July. :)

There's nothing like stepping out the front door on a crisp January morning and feeling your snot instantly freeze. Ah!

But seriously, the air is so incredibly fresh in the winter it's amazing. And the snow just keeps falling and we keep shovelling it and it keeps fucking falling :madwife:

I love the cold though.. I don't deal well in heat. It was near 30C today and humid and it's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow with a nice risk of severe thunderstorms.

Yeay :|

Aah... :hug: I can understand the possessiveness, though! The first long drive I did (from Canberra where I was living, to my parents place 8 hours away), my dad actually flew up to Canberra to keep me company on the way back in the car. He offered to take over driving when I got tired (which I frequently did, that was a bloody hot day, and no AC!), but I'd only had the car a month and I didn't want him to ... :reject:

My housemate can only drive automatic... she was learning manual, but had a run-in with the front fence in her boyfriend's car, and hasn't driven since. :huh:
ha, i don't blame you! i still don't let anyone else drive my car! :D

lol, that's funny. :giggle:

Have you ever experienced a cold winter, with lots of snow and -20 degree Celsius temperature?

I feel for Mia, who will have to endure her first full winter. But let's not talk about that yet, as it's still July. :)

:lol: oh gosh. luckily my classes are just across the street. plus i'll probably be spending most of my life in some sort of lab. so i will hardly see the light of day, let alone the snow.

My parents have a Camry... actually, they might have the new car now. My mum went and bought a bloody Forester... :banghead: I never picked her for the suburban SUV type!! She lives in a rural town, but she never drives anywhere you'd NEED a 4WD. Ah well.

Before that, they had a Commodore that was the same age I was. It's on the scrap heap now... wonder how much longer I've got. :uhoh:
a commodore? they drove lionel richie around? :hmm:

I hate to do this to you, Ax, but we're going the wrong way. We're getting mushed northwards into southeast Asia, and all that hot humidity.

People get attached to things, and cars are usually big parts of people's lives... :shrug:

I think my car's a boy, though.

I just don't think to name inanimate objects, and it's not something the people around me when I was little were doing either, so it's not a habit I grew up with or anything. I don't name my guitar or iPod, for example. If I had a car, it'd probably be "that lump of metal that isn't a tram". :wink:

It's a great place to visit, but some places are colder than others in the winter. Vancouver, for example, is relatively mild. But you should visit in the summer, especially Montreal. :D There's tons of things to do in the summer.

I have no tolerance for cold... it was 5C here the other morning and we were all shivering miserably over our central heating vents. :lol:

It's on the list!

No, I haven't! I'd love to. I am not a summers and warmth person. When I was little and lived in New Zealand, I'd wear shorts and t-shirt to school right through winter, even if it was below zero. But it never snowed in my hometown. Once it got damn close, halfway down the hill behind us! Everybody was all excited, but then the next day was warmer and that was the end of that.

Living in Queensland for too long made me less tolerant of the cold, though ... :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom