Pity Me, County Durham Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned on a manual, I've never driven an automatic. Seems kinda lazy :wink:

Got to admit, I don't see why anybody wouldn't learn in a manual. Besides simply being lazy to learn in an automatic, learning in a manual seems more practical, since then you can drive both.

Back in high school, my friends had repeated arguments about this point. It was kind of ludicrous that I actually joined in, but it was either that or feel really left out. I didn't have a cane to use to shut them up back then. :wink:

Got to admit, I don't see why anybody wouldn't learn in a manual. Besides simply being lazy to learn in an automatic, learning in a manual seems more practical, since then you can drive both.

Back in high school, my friends had repeated arguments about this point. It was kind of ludicrous that I actually joined in, but it was either that or feel really left out. I didn't have a cane to use to shut them up back then. :wink:

That's a really great point.

you guys are pissing me off :mad:

i was thisclose to buying a manual on the car i bought last year. but noooooo, i got talked into buying automatic :mad:

:uhoh:

you guys are pissing me off :mad:

i was thisclose to buying a manual on the car i bought last year. but noooooo, i got talked into buying automatic :mad:

The salesman at the place I got my car tried to talk me into buying some clapped-out old Honda with 300,000km on the clock. No sale!!

It may well still be showing in Halifax :hmm: Which is about a four/five hour drive.. I really really need a good reason to go to Hali since I don't particularly care for it. Personal reasons.. something I probably should, you know, get over.

The salesman at the place I got my car tried to talk me into buying some clapped-out old Honda with 300,000km on the clock. No sale!!
:yikes:

in my case, it wasn't the salesperson that was doing the convincing, it was my parents. apparently, me having an automatic means anyone could drive the car, if someone else's were in the shop. once i had the damn car, i was like...fuck no, no one else is driving this thing! just me.

damn guilt complex :sigh:

Heh, this is one reason I'm glad I can't drive: buying a car seems to be one of the least enjoyable purchases you can make!

There's a very small salesyard near my tram stop. I've been waiting for the day when the owner decides he'll try to hock off a car to me as I walk past ...

:laugh: Yeah, you've some way to go. :wink:

Though since we're near a new thread, you may have a chance in that one!
If I can't at least draw even after last night's effort, I've got no hope when I'm relatively well rested and not hopped up on black forest cake. :lol:

It may well still be showing in Halifax :hmm: Which is about a four/five hour drive.. I really really need a good reason to go to Hali since I don't particularly care for it. Personal reasons.. something I probably should, you know, get over.

*thinks of a good reason*

If you don't go, Bono will cry. :sad:

If I can't at least draw even after last night's effort, I've got no hope when I'm relatively well rested and not hopped up on black forest cake. :lol:

Got some kahlua there? Get drunk and I'm sure you'd beat me. :wink:

Plus, I just want to see you drunkposting!

:yikes:

in my case, it wasn't the salesperson that was doing the convincing, it was my parents. apparently, me having an automatic means anyone could drive the car, if someone else's were in the shop. once i had the damn car, i was like...fuck no, no one else is driving this thing! just me.

damn guilt complex :sigh:

Aah... :hug: I can understand the possessiveness, though! The first long drive I did (from Canberra where I was living, to my parents place 8 hours away), my dad actually flew up to Canberra to keep me company on the way back in the car. He offered to take over driving when I got tired (which I frequently did, that was a bloody hot day, and no AC!), but I'd only had the car a month and I didn't want him to ... :reject:

My housemate can only drive automatic... she was learning manual, but had a run-in with the front fence in her boyfriend's car, and hasn't driven since. :huh:

We're a Toyota family, we've always had a tercel (and one corolla that had an unfortunate run-in with a deer) now we have Echos. I find Toyota makes quality cars and they seem to last.

Our old Tercel had over 500,000 kilometers on it. :giggle: We sold it, and someone fixed it up and the bugger is still going.

I loved the '86 Tercel though. The body didn't hold up great but man, if I could get one now, I'd fix it up and.. that would just be my dream car seriously.

oooooh! i have a toyota too! it's been good to me so far. i haven't named it yet though :hmm:
Mine has been nameless for nearly five years... I keep trying to call it JB (for jelly bean), but it just doesn't seem to stick. I think it got used to me just calling it "car" all the time...

What? Me, sad??

Got some kahlua there? Get drunk and I'm sure you'd beat me. :wink:

Plus, I just want to see you drunkposting!
I do have kahlua... but I also have a slightly unhappy stomach, so that's not going to happen.

Mmmm black forest cake

They have black forest cheesecake ice cream now :drool:
omg. :drool:

If you've got the cane with you, he'd have to be pretty desperate to try! :lol:

Yeah, I've always thought that would be too funny! :laugh:

But on cloudy days, I tend to not have the cane, so I'm surprised he hasn't tried yet. I guess now he recognises me and knows I have the cane or something. I lived here for a year without a cane and never got hassled, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom