Pity Me, County Durham Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're learning too? i can have two chauffeurs? :drool:

Me? Hell naw, shucks I ain't never went to no fancy drivin' school allright. I learned ta drive da ole fashioned way, playing Cruisin' yoo-es-eh outsidata local wal-mart

Joking aside, i really didn't go to driving school, i've had my license near four years now, and really did learn how to drive by playing the Cruisin' USA video game outside of Wal-Mart, because I'm cool like that

Bomac, any rain in Montreal? It's getting kind of dry out this way :uhoh: Need rain badly.

It's come and gone, but it's extremely hot and humid here and has been for quite a while. I tried going for a long walk Sunday evening, but could only manage 15 minutes before I had to come back to my apartment because it was suffocatingly hot.

And is it all the evil horrificness I told you it would be?

If the teacher were a douche, yes, it would be. It's not fascinating stuff, but it could be 50 times worse with anyone else. The teacher we have seems pretty cool.

hey Mia! :hug:

uhoh, is the universe going to implode now??

Ali!!! :hug: yeah probably.

Me? Hell naw, shucks I ain't never went to no fancy drivin' school allright. I learned ta drive da ole fashioned way, playing Cruisin' yoo-es-eh outsidata local wal-mart

Joking aside, i really didn't go to driving school, i've had my license near four years now, and really did learn how to drive by playing the Cruisin' USA video game outside of Wal-Mart, because I'm cool like that

:lol: and people say videogames are dangerous

It's been hot and humid out this way as well, the mosquitoes were fucking annoying as hell today.

Speaking of dessert, I got a tub of smarties ice cream for a two bucks. I was pretty happy about that. Though, it's been so warm I mostly just want to throw it onto my face..

:giggle:

Nice. I still am not sure about how to drive standard, although I've barely tried.

*knows next to nothing about cars*

I won't be rushing out to buy a standard, that's for sure. I know how to shift and all that, but it seems an unnecessary hassle. I hear they get better mileage, so that's a plus.

I still am on just my learners permit. I'd like to take driver's ed, as I am somewhat confident on the road right now, but my other skills are really lacking. I haven't been driving much in the last few months though, and it shows.

It makes me wonder.. why oh why didn't I get this done and over with when I was 16? :tsk:

I won't be rushing out to buy a standard, that's for sure. I know how to shift and all that, but it seems an unnecessary hassle. I hear they get better mileage, so that's a plus.

I learned on a manual, I've never driven an automatic. Seems kinda lazy :wink:

Apparently manual cars tend to be easier/cheaper to repair if they break, as well.

I love my little jelly bean car :D

I still am on just my learners permit. I'd like to take driver's ed, as I am somewhat confident on the road right now, but my other skills are really lacking. I haven't been driving much in the last few months though, and it shows.

It makes me wonder.. why oh why didn't I get this done and over with when I was 16? :tsk:

I didn't get my licence until I was 22, I think... I never really needed it while I was a student, since I lived on campus, and the public transport here is pretty good. But the down side of waiting is that I had to pay for lessons to get driving experience, since I wasn't living at home, and all my friends only had a probationary licence (which prohibits them from taking a Learner driving).
Thank goodness they didn't enforce a minimum number of hours of driving before I got my Ps back then!

i'm doin alright. long time no chat! whatcha been up to?
Yeah, the timezones haven't been good to me lately. Only reason I'm here now is cos I called in sick to work.

Had a bit of an eventful weekend... got new strings on the bass, went to a birthday party, saw U23D again ... :D
(and then got my car trapped overnight in the IMAX car park cos I forgot it closed at midnight :der: )

ooooh new strings on the bass? nice!!! you're still playing often, then?
Often enough, I guess! I took it over to a friends' place who plays piano (and is also a U2 fan)... we tried to bash out a few songs together, it was great fun :lol:

U23D was gone from Dublin by the time I got there :madspit:

I don't think I'll ever get to see it now, dagnabbit. Unless they eventually do release it on DVD or something.
Ack, sorry RB! I know it's come back to a few places in the US and Canada, so you never know. :hug:

Mornin- shit, afternoon, folks. :wave:
Dammit, so much for my vain hope of overtaking you in posts in this thread.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom