Pity Me, County Durham Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wink: my breakfast is at noon, so I think it counts as lunch... I don't lunch :p well with some fruit..

:drool: damn I'm now hungry!

well yea partly :wink: and I think Adam went from simplistic(80s) to complicated (90s) and back to easy again... Tho as Mia says, AMAAW is really good...

Ha, yes. I just went off breakfast foods, myself. But if I'm going to have 10am lectures next semester, I'm going to need to find something quick and easy that I like for breakfast. Bah.

As much as his playing in the eighties was simplistic - well, Gloria. :drool: I'd love to see Adam take the spotlight like that again. That'd be really cool.

Oh, I'm not going to say it's all simplistic. I like the bass in Grace, for instance. That carries the song. But I think his level of playing on Pop was really a cut above anything he's done this decade and I'd like to see him return to that level.

Ah yes, Grace is a great one too.

Hey GG, which songs do you know on bass? I used to play a few, but it's been awhile, I need to start all over methinks. Which is an easy one to begin with? I think I remember Desire just being like, 4 notes or something.

Ah yes, Grace is a great one too.

Hey GG, which songs do you know on bass? I used to play a few, but it's been awhile, I need to start all over methinks. Which is an easy one to begin with? I think I remember Desire just being like, 4 notes or something.

I know, Streets, Vertigo and WOWY on bass, a bunch of others on guitar..
and I have the feeling I forget a bunch of songs now :scratch:

if you want easy, go WOWY! it's four notes.. D, A, B, G

:hyper: I am really looking forward to the tour! Dublin, London, Amsterdam :hyper: I hope it all works out!
:reject: is gonna be the first time I see them live...

Don't forget my party in Dublin as well :rockon:

You'll never forget your first time :sexywink:

I'm hoping, London, Dublin Amsterdam & Toronto if the tour schedule falls with when i can get time off work

One day I shall be able to play Gloria :drool:

:yes: that's the next song i'm gonna bring up for my basslessons, we worked out Streets completely before and now I want him to teach me one of his ex-band's songs :D after that I'll request Gloria!

:shifty: if you need a complete basstab for Streets mia, I can give you that..
:grumpy: Ultimate guitar still hasn't put it up while I submitted it months ago!

I know, Streets, Vertigo and WOWY on bass, a bunch of others on guitar..
and I have the feeling I forget a bunch of songs now :scratch:

if you want easy, go WOWY! it's four notes.. D, A, B, G

OOOH that's right! :lol: i think that was the first song I learned!

One day I shall be able to play Gloria :drool:

:yes: that's the next song i'm gonna bring up for my basslessons, we worked out Streets completely before and now I want him to teach me one of his ex-band's songs :D after that I'll request Gloria!

:shifty: if you need a complete basstab for Streets mia, I can give you that..
:grumpy: Ultimate guitar still hasn't put it up while I submitted it months ago!

Oh please do pass it along!

oh the tour is gonna be friggin awesome. it's an experience. i actually like camping out all day in line. you really get to know some people and friendships can grow from the most unexpected places. that plus, being outside all day getting sunsoaked and drinking can definitely create special memories.

i'm looking forward to seeing people from other shows again, and meeting more. and your site kicks ass, btw.

I'm not one for camping out really, but I did have some good times on Vertigo. Especially in Auckland with Utoo, his wife, and this Danish couple. That was an excellent day, and I'd certainly look forward to hanging out before a U2 gig with the Melbourne Interference crowd, who I unfortunately didn't really know last time except for bono_man2002 (I saw the second show with him). Though I won't be travelling nearly as much, if at all, for the next tour. Finances are bloody limited, and really Porcupine Tree is the one band I'm most motivated to travel for.

And thanks. Hey, I love the site too. :wink: Honestly, although I've been working on it for over three years now, I still think of myself as a fan of the site rather than one of the owners. Some of my best U2 fan memories are of wasting study lessons at high school in 2003 and 2004 just surfing what was then elevation-tour.com. That's how I got my setlist knowledge!

They played Gloria when i saw them in Boston in 2005, Adam was awesome

Which Boston show? I saw it there on 26 May 2005, though it was also done on 5 December 2005. I'd say the 26 and 28 May Boston gigs are the two best U2 shows I've seen, though the best specific concert moment would be One Tree Hill within sight of One Tree Hill, without a doubt.

Which Boston show? I saw it there on 26 May 2005, though it was also done on 5 December 2005. I'd say the 26 and 28 May Boston gigs are the two best U2 shows I've seen, though the best specific concert moment would be One Tree Hill within sight of One Tree Hill, without a doubt.

I was there for both the December shows, front row elipse on 5th. I wanted to hear two songs that night i'd never heard live Gloria & Crumbs, I got both:hyper:

I'd say Toronto 4 and Boston on 4th Dec were my two favourites, althought Dublin is always special

Wow One Tree Hill, and to think i was offered a ticket for Auckland(for original date) and said no:doh:

I'm not one for camping out really, but I did have some good times on Vertigo. Especially in Auckland with Utoo, his wife, and this Danish couple. That was an excellent day, and I'd certainly look forward to hanging out before a U2 gig with the Melbourne Interference crowd, who I unfortunately didn't really know last time except for bono_man2002 (I saw the second show with him). Though I won't be travelling nearly as much, if at all, for the next tour. Finances are bloody limited, and really Porcupine Tree is the one band I'm most motivated to travel for.

And thanks. Hey, I love the site too. :wink: Honestly, although I've been working on it for over three years now, I still think of myself as a fan of the site rather than one of the owners. Some of my best U2 fan memories are of wasting study lessons at high school in 2003 and 2004 just surfing what was then elevation-tour.com. That's how I got my setlist knowledge!

haha and there's our connection! i've also met Utoo and his wife. they're really awesome people.

oh BTW Wild, your pup is friggin adorable! :cute:

I was there for both the December shows, front row elipse on 5th. I wanted to hear two songs that night i'd never heard live Gloria & Crumbs, I got both:hyper:

I'd say Toronto 4 and Boston on 4th Dec were my two favourites, althought Dublin is always special

Wow One Tree Hill, and to think i was offered a ticket for Auckland(for original date) and said no:doh:

I'm just glad I made it to the US and got to hear the Boy/October stuff. It was a bit of a disappointment that they didn't even crank out The Electric Co. down here, though One Tree Hill in Auckland more than made up for that. Although I was hoping for a full band electric version, I wasn't fully optimistic they'd do it - went nuts when they did, as I'm sure Utoo could tell everyone. :wink:

haha and there's our connection! i've also met Utoo and his wife. they're really awesome people.

They are! I had such a good time with them that day. And it seems like they had a really awesome time in New Zealand too. They even went places I haven't been, the lucky sods!

:wink: seeing as I'm the only dutch person you know that hardly says anything...

I'm going off to make some dinner *coughwarmupsoupandmakebread* cause I"m hungry!

:wave: later guys!

I'm going off to make some dinner *coughwarmupsoupandmakebread* cause I"m hungry!

:wave: later guys!

Have a good one! :wave:

I might head out soon myself. I feel like a bit of an early night. Yeah, I say 2:20am like it's early. :crack:

:wave:

I have nothing interesting to say at the moment, but I like to post at least once in every thread. :wink:

Bye, Mizza, and hello, Traviud and PFan! :wave:

Traviud, I posted my review of cin. A review of Anna will be harder though, since I don't know her as well.

Edit: I see you've been to the analyses thread already!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom