Pity Me, County Durham Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shrug: and I still don't know why.... tho it's tamed down now the main abusers are banned, the thing that amazed me the most is that especially the people who used to be regulars in the old school (way more perverted than now and uncensored!) PLEBA now bash the place... it's not that bad as it used to be :huh: yea, it gets annoying at times that people only seem to care for the looks, but I just tend to look trough that..

:up:

well...i'm not much of a cheese person, to be honest. i only discovered brie 2 years ago in grad school. i'm a lactose intolerant in denial. so i stay away for the most part, but i'll indulge on occasion.

Ooh, I see. I love my cheese. It's one of the main ingredients in my diet, and my main source of dairy since I hate milk. Right now, my fridge has tasty (i.e. run-of-the-mill cheddar), parmesan, camembert, and a special blend of parmesan and mozzarella for pizza. I can spend $20 on cheese alone at the supermarket, though that's mainly due to the outrageous costs for a block of tasty.

Ooh, I see. I love my cheese. It's one of the main ingredients in my diet, and my main source of dairy since I hate milk. Right now, my fridge has tasty (i.e. run-of-the-mill cheddar), parmesan, camembert, and a special blend of parmesan and mozzarella for pizza. I can spend $20 on cheese alone at the supermarket, though that's mainly due to the outrageous costs for a block of tasty.

:lol: block of tasty. love it.

:lol: cheese addict!

:hmm: I eat for breakfast two toasted ham and cheese sandwiches with young dutch cheese... at the moment I bought a piece of Port Salut and some mozzarella for a salad tomorrow (mozzarella tomato salad:drool: )
and I just realised I forgot to buy brie... :hmm: and I like goat cheese too, but it has to be REALLY young otherwise it's too strong for my liking..

Phew, seems like I went shopping just in time! it's raining madly outside now!

:uhoh: I'm not going back for a piece of cheese now!

This is especially true in my case. I've became cynical, jaded and generally more sarcastic since I signed up 8 years ago. I'm still looking forward to the new album, and will be excited to see them in concert, but I have also drifted to other music.

Hence being BoMac now? :wink:

Honestly, just before the Superthreads began, I felt I was really drifting away from here, with less and less interest in what U2 were doing. I'm quietly optimistic that I'll enjoy the next album more than I currently enjoy ATYCLB and HTDAAB on the basis of what's been said and the clips we've heard, and I think I'd go to some concerts if they came here, but U2 just don't mean as much to me today as they once did.

I've got to admit that I feel getting involved in an online community can be detrimental - you become more and more conscious of aspects of the band you don't like and aware of things you probably wouldn't have even known or cared to know if you'd just been listening to the music. Hence I've largely avoided participating in the Porcupine Tree fan community. Just enjoying the music is good enough; I don't need to argue about it and I've already got an online home here.

I too was once one of the hyperactive PLEBA kids... but I feel I just grew out of that... now I am not at all interested in the band members, except musically... I am now more interested in the music and the way they play rather than who's playing, and I'm not exactly bouncing up and down for the new album... I guess I just matured a bit faster than most kids in PLEBA :wink:

:hmm: and my appreciation for Adam is now MUCH bigger than it ever was.... :lol: might've something to do with the fact I started to play bass...

Hence being BoMac now? :wink:

Honestly, just before the Superthreads began, I felt I was really drifting away from here, with less and less interest in what U2 were doing. I'm quietly optimistic that I'll enjoy the next album more than I currently enjoy ATYCLB and HTDAAB on the basis of what's been said and the clips we've heard, and I think I'd go to some concerts if they came here, but U2 just don't mean as much to me today as they once did.

I've got to admit that I feel getting involved in an online community can be detrimental - you become more and more conscious of aspects of the band you don't like and aware of things you probably wouldn't have even known or cared to know if you'd just been listening to the music. Hence I've largely avoided participating in the Porcupine Tree fan community. Just enjoying the music is good enough; I don't need to argue about it and I've already got an online home here.

I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me, really. I still love the band, and am just as excited about the upcoming album and eventual tour as the next superfan. I come to this site more for the community aspect than I do for the band. I rarely step into IQ, unless it is for a good laugh, I'll venture into PLEBA bc they sometimes are the first to get word of updates. But I've met loads of people from this site, I can't even keep track anymore. Many of them have become close friends of mine that I hang out with and talk to on a regular basis. LOL sometimes I forget that this is a U2 site.

:hmm: I eat for breakfast two toasted ham and cheese sandwiches with young dutch cheese... at the moment I bought a piece of Port Salut and some mozzarella for a salad tomorrow (mozzarella tomato salad:drool: )
and I just realised I forgot to buy brie... :hmm: and I like goat cheese too, but it has to be REALLY young otherwise it's too strong for my liking..

I don't eat breakfast these days - lunch tends to be my first meal, two toasted sandwiches with salami and tasty cheese (and sometimes olives or tomatoes or whatever else I happen to have handy). My dinners tend to have cheese in some way, say parmesan atop gnocchi napoli or camembert in a Turkish bread roll with a bunch of vegetables and some sort of meat.

I too was once one of the hyperactive PLEBA kids... but I feel I just grew out of that... now I am not at all interested in the band members, except musically... I am now more interested in the music and the way they play rather than who's playing, and I'm not exactly bouncing up and down for the new album... I guess I just matured a bit faster than most kids in PLEBA :wink:

:hmm: and my appreciation for Adam is now MUCH bigger than it ever was.... :lol: might've something to do with the fact I started to play bass...

Has Ali been influencing you? :wink:

Personally, I don't understand what's happened to Adam. His playing on Pop seemed to have developed some real nuance, but this decade it seems he's been happy to take a back seat and go back to very simplistic stuff. I wonder if he feels he can't do any more because the songwriting in general has been dumbed down.

I'm dangerous when it comes to cheese. I buy a half a pound for sandwiches every week and I'm lucky if it lasts until Wednesday. :reject:

:lol:

I go through my bags of parmesan and pizza cheese at an alarming rate. I can at least get a 1kg block of tasty to last for a little while, though that's partly because, at $10 a pop, I've become more frugal with the stuff.

Personally, I don't understand what's happened to Adam. His playing on Pop seemed to have developed some real nuance, but this decade it seems he's been happy to take a back seat and go back to very simplistic stuff. I wonder if he feels he can't do any more because the songwriting in general has been dumbed down.

dis
a
gree

a man and a woman is fuckin jammin!

I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me, really. I still love the band, and am just as excited about the upcoming album and eventual tour as the next superfan. I come to this site more for the community aspect than I do for the band. I rarely step into IQ, unless it is for a good laugh, I'll venture into PLEBA bc they sometimes are the first to get word of updates. But I've met loads of people from this site, I can't even keep track anymore. Many of them have become close friends of mine that I hang out with and talk to on a regular basis. LOL sometimes I forget that this is a U2 site.

See, when I first came here, I already had another well-established online community of friends and I was really just here for the U2 discussion. The fact that I've become really involved in the community and consider this to now be my online home is something I never expected.

I've got to admit I'm mainly looking forward to the next tour just because it'll give me stuff to do on U2gigs. I love working on the site.

I don't eat breakfast these days - lunch tends to be my first meal, two toasted sandwiches with salami and tasty cheese (and sometimes olives or tomatoes or whatever else I happen to have handy). My dinners tend to have cheese in some way, say parmesan atop gnocchi napoli or camembert in a Turkish bread roll with a bunch of vegetables and some sort of meat.

Has Ali been influencing you? :wink:

:wink: my breakfast is at noon, so I think it counts as lunch... I don't lunch :p well with some fruit..

:drool: damn I'm now hungry!

well yea partly :wink: and I think Adam went from simplistic(80s) to complicated (90s) and back to easy again... Tho as Mia says, AMAAW is really good...

dis
a
gree

a man and a woman is fuckin jammin!

Oh, I'm not going to say it's all simplistic. I like the bass in Grace, for instance. That carries the song. But I think his level of playing on Pop was really a cut above anything he's done this decade and I'd like to see him return to that level.

Good girl!

:hug: how'v eyou been?

About from my laptop being delayed , MSN still not co-operating and i go back to work tomorrow , i'm ok

Been busy with Bonnie :cute:

How ya doing?

Good girl!

You need to start postin' like madness! Axver is ahead of you in postcount!!!! You are not no. 1 anymore :sad:

Hey there's room for more postwhores, :sexywink:

See, when I first came here, I already had another well-established online community of friends and I was really just here for the U2 discussion. The fact that I've become really involved in the community and consider this to now be my online home is something I never expected.

I've got to admit I'm mainly looking forward to the next tour just because it'll give me stuff to do on U2gigs. I love working on the site.

oh the tour is gonna be friggin awesome. it's an experience. i actually like camping out all day in line. you really get to know some people and friendships can grow from the most unexpected places. that plus, being outside all day getting sunsoaked and drinking can definitely create special memories.

i'm looking forward to seeing people from other shows again, and meeting more. and your site kicks ass, btw.

Please is MADNESS :crack: that song is pretty complicated

I still wonder wether Adam was the one who thought up the riff on MoFo... that IS a killer bassriff, but yea, synth... wish I could play that fast :lol:

:hyper: I am really looking forward to the tour! Dublin, London, Amsterdam :hyper: I hope it all works out!
:reject: is gonna be the first time I see them live...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom