Pity Me, County Durham Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause it's just way too good to burry :tongue:

I'm being lazy these days too, going to bed around 2, getting up around 11... ah who cares, it's holidays!

Cause it's just way too good to burry :tongue:

I'm being lazy these days too, going to bed around 2, getting up around 11... ah who cares, it's holidays!

The last fortnight, I've been doing far too much of 4am-midday. I'd like to get back to 2-10am. We'll see. Next semester, I may have a couple of 10am lectures, which would just be BRUTAL.

Morning all. :wave:

Ax, Camembert is common in Canada, at least in Montreal it is, but I much prefer some brie and a baguette and some red wine. *heaven*

:drool:

G'day. :wave:

I think I tend to prefer camembert, especially for melting in a toasting machine, but I certainly enjoy brie as well. Brie and a baguette and red wine sounds like a great combination. :drool:

:lol: that's Brian Krause, Leo Wyatt in Charmed.. well the one on the most right is his evil counterpart from a parallel world :wink:

Goddamnit, phanan, you did that just to keep the skeleton on display, didn't you? :tsk:

well I'm a regular PLEBAn, but I'm not as much into the band as the newbies seem to be :shrug: I go there more to help and to talk in PGP..

Still not sleeping Ax? :wink:

:hmm: anyone got some good smoothie recipes? I decided I'm gonna prove these three weeks that I can live alone and eat/drink healthy :yes:
I got, oranges, grapefruit, bananas, blueberries and apples... yoghurt(thick greek or peach flavoured) and vanilla ice cream :hmm: I'm just not sure about combinations yet, tho everything with banana seems fine... any secret ingredients or tricks I should know of?

smoothies are the best breakfasts! i usually make mine with
tofu (protein)
kale (energy)
blueberries
strawberries
raspberries

and...i think you only have one of those ingredients. my bad.

keepin it real as always :hi5:

Are you still in 'lo or are you home now?

well, ruffalo is my home now. i'll be here for the next 4 years. my program is intense, and continues even through summers. that's okay, i don't really miss virginia all that much, aside from my friends.

when are we gonna party?

whaddup GG! :hi5:

Also, Vazza didn't know what camembert is either. Is it not common in the US or something? Because that'd seem really weird to me if it's the case.

well...i'm not much of a cheese person, to be honest. i only discovered brie 2 years ago in grad school. i'm a lactose intolerant in denial. so i stay away for the most part, but i'll indulge on occasion.

damn ya'll move fast! i make a few phone calls and i miss a few pages!

Hi April :wave:

One thing I will say about PLEBA, they may have their odd obsessions an all but they are probably the most friendly of the sub forums, especially for newbies who might be intimidated...

This I have to agree with, which is amazing considering the amount of abuse they take from the rest of the forums.

well I'm a regular PLEBAn, but I'm not as much into the band as the newbies seem to be :shrug: I go there more to help and to talk in PGP..

I think it's true of any subsection of the forum that the newbies are more enthusiastic about the band. I know that when I came here, I joined Interference because I was very keen on what U2 were doing, but in my time here, I've drifted away to other music. That seems to be true about a lot of other longterm members too.

:reject: I already ate all the strawberries we had... gotta wait till wednesday, then there's market here, I'll buy a big bag of cherries and some strawberries :yes:
what's kale? :scratch:

I think it's true of any subsection of the forum that the newbies are more enthusiastic about the band. I know that when I came here, I joined Interference because I was very keen on what U2 were doing, but in my time here, I've drifted away to other music. That seems to be true about a lot of other longterm members too.

This is especially true in my case. I've became cynical, jaded and generally more sarcastic since I signed up 8 years ago. I'm still looking forward to the new album, and will be excited to see them in concert, but I have also drifted to other music.

This I have to agree with, which is amazing considering the amount of abuse they take from the rest of the forums.

:shrug: and I still don't know why.... tho it's tamed down now the main abusers are banned, the thing that amazed me the most is that especially the people who used to be regulars in the old school (way more perverted than now and uncensored!) PLEBA now bash the place... it's not that bad as it used to be :huh: yea, it gets annoying at times that people only seem to care for the looks, but I just tend to look trough that..

:wink: Axver just can't get rid of that PLEBAn Ghost following him all over interference!

One thing I will say about PLEBA, they may have their odd obsessions an all but they are probably the most friendly of the sub forums, especially for newbies who might be intimidated...

This is true. For all the crap they get from wankers such as myself, they tend to be pretty nice people. Some are over-enthusiastic and some are just Jamila, but in general, if I had to spend a day queuing up for a U2 gig, I suspect I'd enjoy the company of a bunch of randomly chosen PLEBAns more than a bunch of randomly chosen people from EYKIW. I mean, with the latter, the 90s U2 vs 00s U2 argument would have turned into a fistfight by lunchtime.

I've recently started to make smoothies for breakfast, but this recipe sounds good. I will try it and report back. :drool:

:up:

:reject: I already ate all the strawberries we had... gotta wait till wednesday, then there's market here, I'll buy a big bag of cherries and some strawberries :yes:
what's kale? :scratch:

kale is a green leaf...it lasts way longer than spinach, and, i think it is more flavorful when cooked. it sounds weird to add greens to a smoothie, but when mixed with the other stuff you barely taste it. it is a great source of energy though, which is why i used it. i used to get tired around noonish, but when i had these smoothies in the morning that stopped happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom