Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Least, those which were actually written by Paul and not by other people... According to modern, more sceptical (and hence more incorrect and blasphemous lulz) scholarship, anyway.

"BUT IT SEZ ITZ BY PUAL ZOMG UR SKOLERSHIPZ FROMM SATIN"

clf

"BUT IT SEZ ITZ BY PUAL ZOMG UR SKOLERSHIPZ FROMM SATIN"

clf

satin_burgundy.jpg

oh SWEET MERCIFUL JESUS CHRIST OH LORD SAVE ME FROM THIS DEMON

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys, I heard a cover of Distant Sun by a fairly well-known Christian artist, Brooke Fraser, the other day.

Unsurprisingly, the "like a Christian fearing vengeance from above" line was omitted, leaving a strange gap in the song... I was expecting it, but still laughed.

STOP CLINGING TO SATIN!!!!

repent REPENT REPENT REPENT!!!!!

repenting... repenting... repented

AWESOME IT LOOKS LIKE I AM SAVED FROM SATIN ONCE AGAIN THAT'S SO "RADICALLY TURBO" I THINK I WILL WRITE A FORTY MINUTE SERMON ABOUT IT WITH A LOT OF BAD METAPHORS ABOUT PLANTS

It's kind of funny and telling how when it's just the three of us, we end up mocking Christianity, or at least the more religious aspects of it...

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys, I heard a cover of Distant Sun by a fairly well-known Christian artist, Brooke Fraser, the other day.

Unsurprisingly, the "like a Christian fearing vengeance from above" line was omitted, leaving a strange gap in the song... I was expecting it, but still laughed.

Oh, I've heard about how she didn't sing that line because she doesn't think God is a god of vengeance or some such rationalisation like that. I laughed.

:doh: I GET IT NOW!!

Admittedly, it's more funny to me, since back in the days of the Left Behind Messageboard, this girl quite seriously made a thread titled "how can we stop clingin to satin?????"

repenting... repenting... repented

AWESOME IT LOOKS LIKE I AM SAVED FROM SATIN ONCE AGAIN THAT'S SO "RADICALLY TURBO" I THINK I WILL WRITE A FORTY MINUTE SERMON ABOUT IT WITH A LOT OF BAD METAPHORS ABOUT PLANTS

:lmao: :lmao:

It's kind of funny and telling how when it's just the three of us, we end up mocking Christianity, or at least the more religious aspects of it...

It's not hard to see why though!

ENDLESS MOCKABILITY.

Oh, I've heard about how she didn't sing that line because she doesn't think God is a god of vengeance or some such rationalisation like that. I laughed.

What would have been so hard about coming up with your own line, or actually realising what the line meant, I wonder? Damn evangelical types hardly ever think for themselves these days.

What would have been so hard about coming up with your own line, or actually realising what the line meant, I wonder? Damn evangelical types hardly ever think for themselves these days.

The thing is, if they thought for themselves, they wouldn't be fundie evangelical types.

Damn, how did I only just notice the "Survival Guide For Australia" thread...? That's pure gold right there, mate!

Foolios! Folios! And everything in between! I welcome you to...

BEER REVIEW: "BAROSSA" EDITION PART ONE

That's right! I am just about to review a beer that I've definitely had before, but it was a long time ago so now's as good a time as any to try it again, plus it was cheaper than the beer I really wanted.

Barossa Valley Brewing Bee Sting Honey Wheat Beer

stingglassweb.jpg

Yes, that's right - this beer certainly is... from South Australia. And you thought the Barossa Valley was all shiraz and pancetta and vacationing couples in their early thirties that own a golden retriever, but have no immediate plans on owning kids! No, the Barossa has 25% more to it than that - this beer.

This beer promises to be "complex but refreshing", and "heaps good with spicy food". That's why I'm going to drink straight tabasco before trying this beer!

(I actually did it, then had a quick sip of the beer. Holy shambles!)

Alright, so... that didn't really cleanse by palette. But it was EXTREME. And what with Adelaide actually being called Radelaide in the youth circle and having the O-Bahn, I expect nothing less from combining a South Australian boutique wheat beer with hot chili sauce.

The beer is good, by the way.

Damn, how did I only just notice the "Survival Guide For Australia" thread...? That's pure gold right there, mate!

Survival Guide For Australia: Go to New Zealand instead.

Though going to Manurewa is quite possibly more dangerous than going to bed with a couple of hundred funnelweb spiders.

Yes, that's right - this beer certainly is... from South Australia. And you thought the Barossa Valley was all shiraz and pancetta and vacationing couples in their early thirties that own a golden retriever, but have no immediate plans on owning kids! No, the Barossa has 25% more to it than that - this beer.

What a waste of valuable grape-growing soil!

Wait, I mean ...

WHAT A WASTE OF VALUABLE GRAPE-GROWING SOIL!

This beer promises to be "complex but refreshing", and "heaps good with spicy food". That's why I'm going to drink straight tabasco before trying this beer!

(I actually did it, then had a quick sip of the beer. Holy shambles!)

You are my hero.

:lmao: :lmao:

Bonnie, I laughed, I cried, the review changed my life.

:wave: Back! Nice new thread!

:shifty: I see Bonnie's experimental tonight?

:drool: I have cheese biscuits. There are really only a few things I love more than these.

Hi GG2 and bye U-Wen! :wave:

I should probably leave soon too ... I'm going to have a busy day tomorrow, I think. But it'll be good, because I'm going to go and buy my new DSLR ... there are two trains I want to photograph on Saturday and I'm so sick of the dodgy quality of my current point-and-shoot camera that it's motivation to pick up the DSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom