Pistons!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
We just might do it this year. We are lookin' strong, lookin' good, and we are clicking at just the right time.

BAD BOYS II

:applaud:

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssslow down...

yes, i'd have to list the pistons as my favorites at this point to win the Hellen Keller division of the NBA, now that J-Kidd is probably out for the season...

... but they still have to beat the Western Champion... Lakers, Kings, Spurs, and Timberwolves all have better records than the Pistons, and they play in a conference with at least twice as many good teams as there are in the East...

... but good luck, none-the-less... i'm actually rooting for a quick first round exit for the pistons, thus increasing the chances that rasheed will sign with my Knicks in the offseason :wink:

i wouldn't give up on darko just yet...

people slammed the mavericks in 98 for passing up on paul pierce and trading robert traylor on draft night for an unknown german teenager who only played in half of his teams games his rookie year... dirk nowitzki

the same year, the lowly sacramento kings had a young yugoslavian who also played in only half of his team's games... peja stojakovic.

so i wouldn't sleep on darko... you won't be able to tell if the pistons made the right decision for another 3-4 years.

The Piston's are too deep and too good to play Darko and Denver sucks ass. We absolutly kicked the shit out of them the last two times we played, and we didn't even play that good. Anthony is an excelent player who plays all the time but Darko never really plays and we didn't draft Anthony because... WE DON'T NEED HIM!

You don't need a budding superstar?
Anthony is averaging 20.5 ppg, what is the Pissed-ons leading scorer averaging? 17.8ppg I believe.
You telling me "Melo woudln't be a better fit than Rip or Chauncey over the long haul, or even better in a rotation with them?
Right and the Warriors wouldn't want Shaq in their lineup cause they have Erick Dampier who is a serviceable center.

We don't need to score more points when the other team can't score on us.

Pluse from what I've been hearing "Melo" is a bit of a head case.

ehhhhhhhhhhhh i'm gonna have to take exception with two things here...

1, let's slow down with carmello... he's the #1 option on his team and is putting up 20.6 a game... rip hamilton is averaging 17.8, chauncy billups is averaging 17.1...

to compare carmello to other recent rookie stars...
michael jordan 28.1
damon stoudamire 19.0
tracy mcgrady 7.0
vince carter 18.3
shaq 23.4
kobe 7.6
KG 10.4
clarance wetherspoon 15.6
paul pierce 16.4
grant hill 19.9
michael redd 2.2
dirk nowitzki 8.2
keith van horn 19.7

in other words... while i believe carmello will continue to progress and be a star in this league for years to come, let's stop short of calling him a savior just quite yet...

#2... the team that scores the most points wins... detroit's defense has been great, but they still have a problem scoring points, which could really hurt them in the playoffs.

gherman said:
No, actually they don't have any problems scoring points, not right now they don't.

umm... the pistons are ranked 22nd out of 29 teams in points per game... not exactly an offensive juggernaught... the friggin knicks average more per game, for pete's sake... and as a knick fan i must say... the knicks blow.

in comparison... this is an exact quote from the detroit pistons web page regarding the 1990-1991 original bad boys championship team, whom would destroy this current team...

In 17 playoff games Detroit held the opposition to only 92.9 points per game, the stingiest defense of any NBA champion since the advent of the 24-second shot clock in 1954-55.

original bad boys gave up 92.9 points per game, and that was considered amazing defense...

current pistons score 90 a game...

they can't score... period.

Thats the whole season. I see you like statistics but didn't they teach you in stats class how to properly interpret number. Don't be be fooled by numbers.

You can blow numbers by me all day nut that doesn't mean shit any monkey can pull numbers off the internet

gherman said:
P.S. Lebron James is better anyhoo....
No argument there, but of course LeBron wasn't available to the Pissed-ons, Carmelo was. My point is that I feel they erred by taking Donnie Darko and the evil rabbit that is in his head. While Milicec may develop into an average NBA player, Anthony already has flashes of superstar and will clearly have a better career than Darkness. And the Pissed-ons lack of scoring has been their come-uppance the last 2 yrs in the playoffs(Christ my mediocre Celtics took them out in '02), and likely will be again this year.

paul pierce was cleary the better player than dirk or peja in their rookie season... who's the better player now? do i think darko will ever be better than mello? no... would i be surprised if he became better than mello? no... would i be surprised if darko didn't develop into an all star caliber player 3-4 years down the line like just about every single one of these teenagers drafted in the first round have eventually become? yes... even kwame brown has put up 20 and 10 from time to time... and he blllllewwwwwwwwwwwwww his rookie year

Last edited:
gherman said:
Thats the whole season. I see you like statistics but didn't they teach you in stats class how to properly interpret number. Don't be be fooled by numbers.

You can blow numbers by me all day nut that doesn't mean shit any monkey can pull numbers off the internet

basketball is my life... no one on this forum posts more about the sport than i do. i played it in college, and get paid to coach it now. there's more to my evaluation than just numbers... the pistons can't score. they play great defense, they CAN NOT SCORE. as hewson said it's been their main problem for years. the addition of rasheed was a huge addition as far as scoring on the low post goes, but they lost a lot of depth off the bench to rent him for the rest of the season. and even with 'sheed, when matched up with the offenses of the west, they aren't in the same ballpark... better yet, they're not in the same universe. sacramento, los angeles, minnesota and san antonio are CLEARLY better teams than anyone in the east... pistons, nets, pacers, whomever... if the pistons played in the west, they'd be a 6 seed at best. that being said... in a 7 game series anything can happen. shaq or peja or KG or duncan could get hurt. so whatever team comes out of the east has a chance... but that's a chance that i wouldn't bet a dollar on, let alone the house.

I'm not sure I agree that Peja is a better all around player than Pierce. He's a better shooter yes, but all around, no. He's also surrounded by significantly more talent than Pierce, allowing him a bit more space to operate whereas Pierce is always double and nowadays triple teamed after Walker's departure. The other 4 Celts starters would have trouble being the Kings' 9-12 players.

If I was paying you to coach my basketball team I would be pissed by wasting my money on someone who spends this much time posting on interference when you should be making plays for your players.

I played played two sports at the University of Michigan that doesn't mean I know everything about NHL hockey and MLB. So don't try that argument with me.

I agree the west is much better but we are going to take the east and thats a start for me.

Sorry...The Pacers are gonna take the East.

And Nowitzki's first name should be "irk", cause there is not nor has there ever been a "D" in that boy.
In fact, let's call Peja by his full name...Prerag (removing the letter "D" from some of these European's names can be fun):wink:

gherman said:
If I was paying you to coach my basketball team I would be pissed by wasting my money on someone who spends this much time posting on interference when you should be making plays for your players.

I played played two sports at the University of Michigan that doesn't mean I know everything about NHL hockey and MLB. So don't try that argument with me.

I agree the west is much better but we are going to take the east and thats a start for me.

well i'm glad you don't pay me then...

congrats... give my best to jim abbot and eric nystrom

it wasn't an argument... it was a response to your suggestion that i was basing my opinion based soley on stats. i was simply stating that it was not based on stats rather upon my own observation of the team, as one who's involved in the sport on an active level. i never claimed to no everything about basketball, the fact that i only have 2 final four teams left should be proof enough of that. i was just stating an opinion that was not only based on my own observations, but is also one that is shared by the majority of nba "experts," who despite having earned that prestigous PhD in hoopology, are often quite wrong in their own opinions. for your sake, i hope i'm wrong... hopefully all the stats and all the opinions of the so called experts are proven wrong and larry brown can pull off a miracle and win the nba title.

i wouldn't bet the house on it.

and yes hewson, the euros play no defense... but i've never seen a shut-out in basketball, so i'll take the guys who score the most points anyday :wink:

You know one thing about Chicago that I like. Eventhough they suck balls the fans still show for every game and stand by their team. Chicago sports fans are fucking great fans.

KMART.jpg

konichiwa bitches

Back
Top Bottom