Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #91
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Enjoyed the movie, saw the last bit after the (lengthy) credits.

I liked the multiple Jack Sparrows

Old 05-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #92
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 08:03 AM
Muliple Jack Sparrows

I liked that bit too

Old 05-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Return of the King, Fitz.

No, Return of the King falls into that category as well. It doesn't suck, that's for sure. But it's not as good as FOTR or TT. In fact, I only saw Return of the King the day it opened in the theaters. I've never seen it since. Now FOTR and TT I've seen many, many times because they are great, kick-ass films!

So yeah, Return of the King, gets a from me, as far as living up to its predecessors.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

If it wasn't for the long ending and some editing issues (missing Saruman, Scouring the Shire and on a lesser note, Gandalf-WK fight despite the "I will break him" line), ROTK would be just as good as the first two. A very worthy ending to the trilogy, still. Possibly the only major movie trilogy where the last part doesn't dissapoint noticeably compared to the prequels, except maybe I. Jones. (though arguably first Indy movie is the best)

Looking at Rotten tomatoes, this looks like a forced trilogy like Matrix, Shrek or Spiderman (all of which would work better as a single movie, and all of which got burned by the critics by the last part).
Old 05-30-2007, 03:21 PM   #95
The Fly

I just LOVED it!!! I'm sorry for those of you who didn't enjoy it
I cried A LOT, and I found out that I'm deeply in love with COMMODORE ( ) James Norrington . I just hope they're not going to do a fourth, that'd be ridiculous

btw: is there anyone willing to brave the wierd and haunted shores at world's end to fetch me an avatar with Norrington??
thanks in advance
Old 05-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #96
The Male

Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lil_witch

btw: ia there anyone willing to brave the wierd and haunted shores at world's end to fetch me an avatar with Norrington??
thanks in advance

Now, on the Return of The King, I must say that I loved it. It's my favorite of the trilogy, and I feel that it really ended things on a high (of course, I'm not big on Two Towers...Fellowship was great).
Old 05-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:03 AM
Why wasn't Elizabeth allowed to be on the boat with Turner after he took over the ship? The whole ending just kinda pissed me off...they wait years and years to admit thier love...wait forever to get married and then that! I wanted the warm and fuzzy ending to that storyline!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life

johnny depp
Old 05-31-2007, 06:01 PM   #99
Refugee

Local Time: 03:03 AM
film has a terrible storyline , liked johnny depp

the best part for me was the romance plot between davy jones and jungle vodoo lady
if not for bloom's dreadful character and his girl , thier scenes almost ruined the movie
Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:03 PM
i feel like i watched a different movie than everybody else here, cause it sucked.
they got a little too carried away with special effects and annoyingt storylines that ultimately did not deliver. who even cares about the bloom/knightly characters romance? not i.
not even jack sparrow could save this terrible movie.

2/10
Old 05-31-2007, 11:44 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevation2u
i feel like i watched a different movie than everybody else here, cause it sucked.

2/10
I saw the same one too.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #102
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I saw the same one three

Bad jokes

The plot really needed to be spaced out better between the three films, might have made more sense in the end, even though most of the plot didn't make any sense
Old 06-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
I thought it was good but when you think about it as being the 3rd movie in a series, then it wasn't that great. too many special effects, the whole Calypso thing felt like a random side story. the multiple Jacks was fine the first time around but then they did it again. my fiance hated it and he's enjoyed the first two movies.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Now, on the Return of The King, I must say that I loved it. It's my favorite of the trilogy, and I feel that it really ended things on a high (of course, I'm not big on Two Towers...Fellowship was great).
My favourite is probably Fellowship. The scenery is probably the best - elf cities, Shire, Moria...plus it had the hardest job as it was the first movie of the lot.

Two Towers, on the other hand, is probably the most respectable to me. 3 different stories, no real climax in the book (good move on making Helm's Deep the gravity center), lots of new different characters and two digital creatures.

My gripe with ROTK is really only the loooong ending, and on a lesser note, completely cutting Scouring of the Shire and the archvillain of the first two movies (and a big cop-out from the Minas Tirith battle). It would be perfectly ended with just Aragorn's crowning and Grey Havens. Still a worthy note to end on and arguably the finest movie trilogy I can think of.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:03 AM
You guys should read my rottentomatoes thread entitled "All The Things I Hate About Return of the King".