Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2007, 03:18 PM   #46
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:36 PM
I just hope they subtitle the movie this time around.

The combination of all of the pirates + Tia Dalma made my head spin during Dead Man's Chest.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:36 PM
It got 2 and 1/2 stars out of 4 in my local paper, I won't read the review until after I see it. Apparently it's about 2 hours 45 min when you add in approx. 10 min closing credits. Hopefully there's some good bonus Keith Richards stuff in those credits.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:36 PM
I got tickets to the showing tomorrow night. It's going to be great!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

TOKYO, Japan (AP) -- Three journeys as Captain Jack Sparrow in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" may not be enough to quench the thirst of actor Johnny Depp.

Before the Tokyo premiere Wednesday of the series' third installment, Depp said he would consider taking the oddball character out for one more spin.

"It's been a great experience," Depp said. "Trying to discover who Captain Jack was, getting slapped around by the Disney people -- it was all fun."

The film completes what had originally been intended as a trilogy of movies based on the ride by the same name at Disneyland.

Depp, who was nominated for an Oscar for his quirky portrayal of Captain Jack, said the pirates may rise again.

"There was always that potential that each of us would have to say goodbye to the character," Depp said. "But if it is over, which one never knows, Captain Jack will always be with me."

Even so, producer Jerry Bruckheimer cautioned that no one will be jumping right back into the waters.

"This is the end for now," he said. "I think everybody is exhausted and needs some time off. We're all going to take a little break."
Old 05-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:36 AM
Ahoy me hearties, I'm back! The movie twas brilliant, just brilliant I tell ye!! Ohwrah, tawas more Jack Sparrow than you knew what to do with and crabs galore, mateys!! And shiver me timbers if there twasn't a surprise cameo that I'm sure all ye all love!! Also some surprising turn of events and even more surprising ending, aye shipmates and I really I'm going to have to stop talking like this me hearties!!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by hcbiggs2002
Ohoy me hearties, I'm back! The movie t'was brilliant, just brilliant I tell ye!! Ohwrah, t'was more Jack Sparrow than you knew what to do with and craps galore, mateys!! And shiver me timbers if there twasn't a surprise cameo that I'm sure all ye all love!! Also ay shipmates, some surprising turn of events and even more surprising ending, ay shipmates and I really I'm going to have to stop talking like this me hearties!!

you silly silly girl!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

you silly silly girl!!!
Tis all Davy Jones's fault me hearty, ohwrah!!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

that smiley is adorable
Old 05-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

I saw the movie tonight, and it was fantastic! The theatre I went to was absolutely insane. There were people dressed up, and it was raccous, noisy, and hilarious. Good times. The first time Johnny Depp showed up on screen everyone burst into applause. And the same for Keith Richards, except his applause and other hooting & hollering was a lot noisier. It was a fun evening, and I really enjoyed the movie.

I won't give away what was after the credits, but it was disappointing compared to what the first 2 movies were like. That's all I'll say about it right now. It was okay - just not what I had been hoping for.

My favourite part was definitely the battle between the two ships in the vortex-thingy. Great special effects, the music was fantastic, and it was a feast for the eyes.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:26 AM   #55
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 01:36 PM
i can't wait to see this! YEEAAAAAAAH!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #56
Refugee

Local Time: 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB

I won't give away what was after the credits, but it was disappointing compared to what the first 2 movies were like. That's all I'll say about it right now. It was okay - just not what I had been hoping for.

How was that disappointing? Because it was actually substantial and emotional instead of just a joke like the after credits of the previous movies? (maybe you shouldn't answer me, don't want to give anything away)

Everyone needs to stay after the credits!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:23 AM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77

How was that disappointing? Because it was actually substantial and emotional instead of just a joke like the after credits of the previous movies? (maybe you shouldn't answer me, don't want to give anything away)

Everyone needs to stay after the credits!
Exactly! I was expecting it to be joking, based on what the first two movies were like. It was a fine scene, nice to see, but I was hoping for something funny and silly.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Yes I thought it might be some Keith stuff after the credits, but it was warm and fuzzy and nice..

I liked it more than I liked 2-Keira is the star of this one for me. Johnny is hilarious, and Orlando looks beautiful. It was fun, I hate to see it end if this is the end. Keith Richards should have had a much bigger part, maybe he didn't want it. But that was such a wasted opportunity.

I saw it in digital projection, that was awesome
Old 05-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Ditto to everything you said!

I didn't see it in digital projection though. If I do see it in the theatres again (which I might, in a few weeks) I hope to have a better seat. We were at the theatre quite early, but we still ended up with seats just a few rows back from the screen, so we had to crane our necks.

At least we saw everyone up close!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:36 PM
It was bitter-sweet for me because I had a friend at the theater who kept telling me that she knows someone who's dad says they're making a fourth and fifth one (:eyeroll: ) and if it's true I'll be broken-hearted, because I would love it to end the way it did

but of course they had to go and leave room for another movie

The movie was amazing, but there were SOO many unanswered bits there at the end

But let me reiterate...loved it loved it loved it loved it