Pirates of the Caribbean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AvsGirl41

New Yorker
Has anyone seen it? What did you think?

I liked it. :up: Good popcorn movie. (Despite some holes in the curse.) And there can never be too many pirate movies in my book.

Johnny Depp was hilarious. And Geoffery Rush is always cool.

Having ridden the ride thousands of times, I was glad they actually did work things in--and did it fairly subtle.

(And we saw a preview for Viggo Mortensen's"Hidalgo" :drool: )

AvsGirl41 said:
(And we saw a preview for Viggo Mortensen's"Hidalgo" :drool: )

:D I wanna see this movie. I'm a sucker for swashbuckling pirate movies.

and i wouldn't mind seeing the Viggo preview...

Thought it was gonna be stupid.....but it was great. A little too long..I cant sit still for more than an hour.

Gotta love the way Johnny Depp "swished"

diamond said:
Johnny Depp stole the show.:up:

Is he still courting that Winona Ryder?
I hear she walked away with a few things as well.

:yes:

Just got back from the late showing. :up: I know people complained that it was too long, but I loved every minute. Maybe because that's the first time I've been to the movies in a year and a half. I highly recommend it, especially to the ladies. :sexyJohnnyandOrlandowink: :sexywink:

Johnny Depp is one of the best american actors around. Period.

Ant.

PS - I can't wait for this film, I'm also a huge Geoffrey Rush fan.

I saw it yesterday and, tho there are a few moments when the momentum is lost, I thought it was great fun. I've been on the ride in Disneyland about a million times, and it was so fun to see certain things that were identical to the ride--felt like a cute inside joke just for me! :)
Oh, and I'll take Johnny Depp in eyeliner even WITH the bad teeth! Whoo! I couldn't keep my eyes off him (and my hubbie didn't mind the female lead, either--she was gorgeous!)

sulawesigirl4 said:

You like wearing black eyeliner too? :eyebrow:
no.
i was referring to..when the girls kept slapping him every time he turned around and..when that pretty girl spiked his drink and he passed out:angry:

db3

Haha.

I saw it yesterday. It was entertaining... although it did have some slow moments where that 3 hours of sleep can catch up with you. Johnny is a handsome pirate... he should try some dental augmentation though. Those close ups of Rush were not too pleasant.

Wooden Teeth :down:

I loved this movie to death.

I thought that some of the plot was a little too thin, but the action and the music more than makes up for it.

Rush, I though made Pirates too smart and clean. But on a good note, he was good as the Captian of the Black Pearl

Bloom (Cute as ever in this movie, with the light brown hair, which is almost like my hair color.) was a little bit too nice guy Legloas throughout the film (even thought he was suppose to be the nice guy in the begining). He was better than Rush though

But Depp was the best thing in the whole movie. I thought that he was really funny. But don't you guys think that he sounded like Keith Richards?

The woman who played Elizabeth (I forgot her name, but what do I know). She was also good. I thought she played that role very well with the tough girl image. Never ever thought she was this "Pansy Damsel in Distress" type like some of us has seen in some movies.

Overall I thought this movie was the best of the summer, maybe the best of the year. To me I would rate this movie about a 9.5 on average.

Last edited:
U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

But Depp was the best thing in the whole movie. I thought that he was really funny. But don't you guys think that he sounded like Keith Richards?

The woman who played Elizabeth (I forgot her name, but what do I know). She was also good. I thought she played that role very well with the tough girl image. Never ever thought she was this "Pansy Damsel in Distress" type like some of us has seen in some movies.

Funny you say that about Richards b/c Depp actually based his pirate ON the old rocker no-one can understand!:p

Oh, and I was also very glad that they gave Keira Knightley (Elizabeth Swan in the movie) a bit of tough girl! I HATE it when girls are useless in movies and wait for everyone else to save them.

I'm actually considering going to see it again when it comes out at the cheap seats. And it actaully made me homesick for Disneyland :(

Back
Top Bottom