Pink Floyd's Waters swaps rock for opera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
Pink Floyd's Waters swaps rock for opera By Robin Pomeroy

ROME (Reuters) - Roger Waters delighted rock fans when Pink Floyd played their first gig together for 24 years at July's Live8. On Thursday he was hoping to win over classical fans with his first opera, 16 years in the making.

The singer, bass player and songwriter on classic albums like "Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Wall," said he wanted his French Revolution opera "Ca Ira" to have the same impact at its world premiere in Rome as his stadium-filling rock anthems.

"It's a different form but the intention is the same, still just trying to create an emotional response, communicate a feeling," Waters said in an interview with Reuters at the end of the opera's dress rehearsal in Rome's Music Park.

"I am writing for other voices that's why it's different. I can't sing this stuff."

They put their differences aside to play the Live8 concert organized to campaign against world poverty. Waters says he doubts the band will get back into the studio, but does not rule out future concerts if the others agreed.
Edit
"(A reunion) is very unlikely. But it always was very unlikely. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy Live8, I did. I thought it was great and I'd always be up for doing something else."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051117/en_nm/arts_waters_dc

Wow, he finally finished that fucking thing? I hope the ending is better than The Wall's.

Back
Top Bottom