Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xaviMF22

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
A friend of mine sent me this live performance of the song from their wall tour and I thought I would share it. Its not the best quality, but enjoy :wave:

hxxp://s45. .com/d.aspx?id=14B3XV9WWVS6035GSYT1GU57DU

Thanks for that! I've got several Wall boots and they're all fantastic. The videos of the show are even better. :drool: Comfortably Numb was amazing live. Roger Waters dressed in a doctor's coat, David Gilmour being lifted to the top of the wall via a hydraulic platform, illuminated by light as he did his solos... :drool: In fact, I think this thread deserves some shots of that brilliant concert moment!

comfortablynumb.jpg

Hello, is there anybody in there?

newset7comf.jpg

There is no pain, you are receding...

WIPF650.jpg

Solo at the top of the wall. :drool:

that band was so f*cking ahead of their time:( :drool:

Edit...
would you mind sharing any pink floyd bootlegs you may have?

I'll see what I can do. Most of them are still on CDs and have to be transferred to my computer. But in the meantime, I'll start uploading a pretty good DSOTM bootleg. "Echoes" encore. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:
I'll see what I can do. Most of them are still on CDs and have to be transferred to my computer. But in the meantime, I'll start uploading a pretty good DSOTM bootleg. "Echoes" encore. :drool:

:drool: :up: :up: :bow:

Comfortably Numb is fantastic in all aspects. Musically, lyrically and conceptually. Overplayed, yes, but for a bloody good reason.

Here's the Wembley show, Xavi! The sound's a bit muddy, but not bad for 1974. It was one of the November shows, I can't remember which.

http://s56.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1UB7YREUYUXJL0R2WWY1YBKE69

On The Run. :drool:

I'll have a go at the other boots tomorrow if I get the chance.

GibsonGirl said:
Comfortably Numb is fantastic in all aspects. Musically, lyrically and conceptually. Overplayed, yes, but for a bloody good reason.

Here's the Wembley show, Xavi! The sound's a bit muddy, but not bad for 1974. It was one of the November shows, I can't remember which.

http://s56.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1UB7YREUYUXJL0R2WWY1YBKE69

On The Run. :drool:

I'll have a go at the other boots tomorrow if I get the chance.

I LOVE YOU, and thank you so much:wave: :wave:

Edit... this is one of the best bootlegs I've heard

Last edited:
Just imaging what this band could have done if Waters' ego hadn't gotten the best of him.

xaviMF22 said:
that band was so f*cking ahead of their time:( :drool:

That's what I notice most about them, from the music right through to the official group photos, they were the very definition of avant-garde--and seemed to get off on smashing convention. It's such a shame they imploded, but it amazes me how they seem more alive and relevant than much of the music out there today. I'm currenty addicted to Mother, from The Wall. :drool:

Thanks GG for the show :up:

aaah Pink Floyd bootlegs are always good! That 'Is There Anybody Out There?' Wall Live album they put out a few years ago is GOLD. Better than the original...always enjoy Live Floyd...i remember someone here telling me they'd send me two bootlegs then mysteriously disappearing..........! :mad:

xaviMF22 said:
A friend of mine sent me this live performance of the song from their wall tour and I thought I would share it. Its not the best quality, but enjoy :wave:

hxxp://s45. .com/d.aspx?id=14B3XV9WWVS6035GSYT1GU57DU

This song would be just as powerful if it was released today. As I was watching, I was thinking how if it was performed now, Waters could use a cell phone device thing to speak into during his part.

Weird, Xavi, when I played your file yesterday it only played the audio. I see now that it's actually a video. But I still only get the audio! I love Windows. :happy:

Anyway, I've been trying to make some space on my HD to import some lossless bootlegs but have had little luck. I hate laptops. Need external harddrive now. :crack: I do see, though, that I have a Wall bootleg on here that I didn't notice earlier (why the fuck was it in my video folder? :huh: .) It's very lossy, though. Do you mind? If not, I'll upload it.

I just want to take this opportunity to let everybody know that, while I hate Pink Floyd with a dire rage, I am nevertheless captivated by this soaring song nearly every time I cross its path.

I love it dearly. Kudos to all. Kudos, I say.

Here's the Wall show. As I said, the audio quality's not fantastic. The other ones that I'll try to upload once I get some space cleared off the HD sound a lot better.

http://s57.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S7UQLUNS3RBT1EW6L60TFMI7J

And since we are discussing The Wall to some extent, here's a very fitting file.

http://s62.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FIUDKQS9J1TT2K6GFX8JDVRDI

This is from the infamous In The Flesh/Animals show in Montreal. The performance of this song (Pigs, Three Different Ones) is the reason why Roger Waters wrote The Wall in the first place. Here's the story, for anyone who hasn't heard it before.

If you skip forward to about the 17:00 mark, you'll hear Waters shouting out "Come back, Pig!" The pig was a fan in the audience. At this point in the show, Waters was mightily pissed off because the Montreal fans had been rowdy the whole night. Setting off fireworks and whatnot. So he called up this particularly rowdy fan to the stage, talking to him as he would an animal and sounding rather insane. The roadies pulled the ecstatic fan up, and what does Roger Waters do? He spits in the fan's face and has the roadies toss him back! "GOOD BOY, GOOD BOY!" He felt awful about it afterwards, realising that he had some sort of wall between him and the fans. Hence, the birth of the idea for The Wall.

I'll upload the rest of this one later. It takes so long for the WAV files to load in iTunes, and even longer to convert them to MP4s.

GibsonGirl said:
Here's the Wall show. As I said, the audio quality's not fantastic. The other ones that I'll try to upload once I get some space cleared off the HD sound a lot better.

http://s57.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S7UQLUNS3RBT1EW6L60TFMI7J

And since we are discussing The Wall to some extent, here's a very fitting file.

http://s62.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FIUDKQS9J1TT2K6GFX8JDVRDI

This is from the infamous In The Flesh/Animals show in Montreal. The performance of this song (Pigs, Three Different Ones) is the reason why Roger Waters wrote The Wall in the first place. Here's the story, for anyone who hasn't heard it before.

If you skip forward to about the 17:00 mark, you'll hear Waters shouting out "Come back, Pig!" The pig was a fan in the audience. At this point in the show, Waters was mightily pissed off because the Montreal fans had been rowdy the whole night. Setting off fireworks and whatnot. So he called up this particularly rowdy fan to the stage, talking to him as he would an animal and sounding rather insane. The roadies pulled the ecstatic fan up, and what does Roger Waters do? He spits in the fan's face and has the roadies toss him back! "GOOD BOY, GOOD BOY!" He felt awful about it afterwards, realising that he had some sort of wall between him and the fans. Hence, the birth of the idea for The Wall.

I'll upload the rest of this one later. It takes so long for the WAV files to load in iTunes, and even longer to convert them to MP4s.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much :drool: :drool: :wave: :hyper: :hyper: :rockon: :rockon:

Amazing!! :drool:

My first Pink Floyd bootleg! They really can do it live..impressive. Mother! :love: I hear people chatting during this...I wonder if it was considered a beer song. And Jesus, what's with the fireworks warning? Was this a regular occurrence at their shows? Where is the spit guy today? Did he ever consider legal action?

angelordevil said:
Amazing!! :drool:

My first Pink Floyd bootleg! They really can do it live..impressive. Mother! :love: I hear people chatting during this...I wonder if it was considered a beer song. And Jesus, what's with the fireworks warning? Was this a regular occurrence at their shows? Where is the spit guy today? Did he ever consider legal action?

All the Wall shows were great (excluding Roger Waters' inability to hit the high notes in almost every single recording of Don't Leave Me Now, haha.) Run Like Hell was always brilliant live. Delayed guitars. :love: I don't know if the guy who got spat on ever pressed charges, but what a story to tell! "Roger Waters spat on me and it was because of that that an incredibly popular record was made!"

As for the fireworks...listen to this.

http://s62.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VRYB8Q6VUPVK1DBMGBMMSLIK4

Seriously, who lets off fireworks during a concert?! Roger's reaction is classic. "Oh for fuck's sake, stop letting off fireworks and shouting and screaming, I'm trying to sing a song!"

Last edited:
Has anyone been having major troubles with YSI today? It has been crapping out on me all day long. :madwife:

In any case, this finally uploaded. One of my favourite PF shows for the historical reasons I mentioned in the post above. Again, as with most of the Floyd bootlegs I have, the audio quality's not top notch but not bad for the 70s. I just recently re-downloaded this one (there are three different versions, I think), and this version is supposed to be the one with the highest sound quality. My first one was atrocious, ugh. The taper had some problems recording this show but he managed to fix most of them as he went along. Plus, it was a stadium, so that always works against bootleg quality. Anyway... :drool:

http://s46.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IF6ZVY6BCW3V1NQOZ49ZRD5CT

Pink Floyd: In The Flesh Tour (Montreal, 6 July 1977)

Disc 1:

01. Sheep
02. Pigs On The Wing (Part I)
03. Dogs
04. Pigs On The Wing (Part II)
05. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
06. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)

(Just noticed I messed up the tag on Shine On - had a IV instead of a V. You can fix that yourselves, I'm not wrestling with YSI again :wink: )

Disc 2:

01. Welcome To The Machine
02. Have A Cigar
03. Wish You Were Here
04. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
05. Money
06. Us And Them
07. Blues

GibsonGirl said:
Has anyone been having major troubles with YSI today? It has been crapping out on me all day long. :madwife:

In any case, this finally uploaded. One of my favourite PF shows for the historical reasons I mentioned in the post above. Again, as with most of the Floyd bootlegs I have, the audio quality's not top notch but not bad for the 70s. I just recently re-downloaded this one (there are three different versions, I think), and this version is supposed to be the one with the highest sound quality. My first one was atrocious, ugh. The taper had some problems recording this show but he managed to fix most of them as he went along. Plus, it was a stadium, so that always works against bootleg quality. Anyway... :drool:

http://s46.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IF6ZVY6BCW3V1NQOZ49ZRD5CT

Pink Floyd: In The Flesh Tour (Montreal, 6 July 1977)

Disc 1:

01. Sheep
02. Pigs On The Wing (Part I)
03. Dogs
04. Pigs On The Wing (Part II)
05. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
06. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)

(Just noticed I messed up the tag on Shine On - had a IV instead of a V. You can fix that yourselves, I'm not wrestling with YSI again :wink: )

Disc 2:

01. Welcome To The Machine
02. Have A Cigar
03. Wish You Were Here
04. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
05. Money
06. Us And Them
07. Blues

:love: thank you so much for this :bow: :bow:

GibsonGirl said:

"Roger Waters spat on me and it was because of that that an incredibly popular record was made!"

That's t-shirt material...or a book title! Amazing story. I love how at the end of that spit clip, the band tell the audience "we're going to take a bit of a break and come back." To have been a fly on the wall...holy unintentional pun :ohmy:

Yes, the whole fireworks component is rather odd. Maybe it was a 70's thing. I want to learn more about this. But, really, who needs fireworks when the music creates them in your miiiind! That was great.

xaviMF22 said:

:love: thank you so much for this :bow: :bow:

x 2 :love:

Sounds great, and the pictures are very cool...nice touch :up:

Back
Top Bottom