Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:32 AM
One of the greatest songs I've ever heard

Old 02-25-2006, 06:04 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:02 PM
Re: Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
A friend of mine sent me this live performance of the song from their wall tour and I thought I would share it. Its not the best quality, but enjoy

hxxp://s45. .com/d.aspx?id=14B3XV9WWVS6035GSYT1GU57DU

This song would be just as powerful if it was released today. As I was watching, I was thinking how if it was performed now, Waters could use a cell phone device thing to speak into during his part.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I would have loved to see this tour, but I wasn't even born then
Old 02-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Weird, Xavi, when I played your file yesterday it only played the audio. I see now that it's actually a video. But I still only get the audio! I love Windows.

Anyway, I've been trying to make some space on my HD to import some lossless bootlegs but have had little luck. I hate laptops. Need external harddrive now. I do see, though, that I have a Wall bootleg on here that I didn't notice earlier (why the fuck was it in my video folder? .) It's very lossy, though. Do you mind? If not, I'll upload it.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Nope I dont mind, if you can please upload it
Old 02-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:32 AM
I just want to take this opportunity to let everybody know that, while I hate Pink Floyd with a dire rage, I am nevertheless captivated by this soaring song nearly every time I cross its path.

I love it dearly. Kudos to all. Kudos, I say.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Here's the Wall show. As I said, the audio quality's not fantastic. The other ones that I'll try to upload once I get some space cleared off the HD sound a lot better.

http://s57.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S7UQLUNS3RBT1EW6L60TFMI7J

And since we are discussing The Wall to some extent, here's a very fitting file.

http://s62.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FIUDKQS9J1TT2K6GFX8JDVRDI

This is from the infamous In The Flesh/Animals show in Montreal. The performance of this song (Pigs, Three Different Ones) is the reason why Roger Waters wrote The Wall in the first place. Here's the story, for anyone who hasn't heard it before.

If you skip forward to about the 17:00 mark, you'll hear Waters shouting out "Come back, Pig!" The pig was a fan in the audience. At this point in the show, Waters was mightily pissed off because the Montreal fans had been rowdy the whole night. Setting off fireworks and whatnot. So he called up this particularly rowdy fan to the stage, talking to him as he would an animal and sounding rather insane. The roadies pulled the ecstatic fan up, and what does Roger Waters do? He spits in the fan's face and has the roadies toss him back! "GOOD BOY, GOOD BOY!" He felt awful about it afterwards, realising that he had some sort of wall between him and the fans. Hence, the birth of the idea for The Wall.

I'll upload the rest of this one later. It takes so long for the WAV files to load in iTunes, and even longer to convert them to MP4s.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Here's the Wall show. As I said, the audio quality's not fantastic. The other ones that I'll try to upload once I get some space cleared off the HD sound a lot better.

http://s57.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S7UQLUNS3RBT1EW6L60TFMI7J

And since we are discussing The Wall to some extent, here's a very fitting file.

http://s62.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FIUDKQS9J1TT2K6GFX8JDVRDI

This is from the infamous In The Flesh/Animals show in Montreal. The performance of this song (Pigs, Three Different Ones) is the reason why Roger Waters wrote The Wall in the first place. Here's the story, for anyone who hasn't heard it before.

If you skip forward to about the 17:00 mark, you'll hear Waters shouting out "Come back, Pig!" The pig was a fan in the audience. At this point in the show, Waters was mightily pissed off because the Montreal fans had been rowdy the whole night. Setting off fireworks and whatnot. So he called up this particularly rowdy fan to the stage, talking to him as he would an animal and sounding rather insane. The roadies pulled the ecstatic fan up, and what does Roger Waters do? He spits in the fan's face and has the roadies toss him back! "GOOD BOY, GOOD BOY!" He felt awful about it afterwards, realising that he had some sort of wall between him and the fans. Hence, the birth of the idea for The Wall.

I'll upload the rest of this one later. It takes so long for the WAV files to load in iTunes, and even longer to convert them to MP4s.
Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much
Old 02-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The quality is great, again thank you so much
Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Amazing!!

My first Pink Floyd bootleg! They really can do it live..impressive. Mother! I hear people chatting during this...I wonder if it was considered a beer song. And Jesus, what's with the fireworks warning? Was this a regular occurrence at their shows? Where is the spit guy today? Did he ever consider legal action?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:32 AM
i prefer the scissor sisters version
Old 02-26-2006, 12:23 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil
Amazing!!

My first Pink Floyd bootleg! They really can do it live..impressive. Mother! I hear people chatting during this...I wonder if it was considered a beer song. And Jesus, what's with the fireworks warning? Was this a regular occurrence at their shows? Where is the spit guy today? Did he ever consider legal action?
All the Wall shows were great (excluding Roger Waters' inability to hit the high notes in almost every single recording of Don't Leave Me Now, haha.) Run Like Hell was always brilliant live. Delayed guitars. I don't know if the guy who got spat on ever pressed charges, but what a story to tell! "Roger Waters spat on me and it was because of that that an incredibly popular record was made!"

As for the fireworks...listen to this.

http://s62.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VRYB8Q6VUPVK1DBMGBMMSLIK4

Seriously, who lets off fireworks during a concert?! Roger's reaction is classic. "Oh for fuck's sake, stop letting off fireworks and shouting and screaming, I'm trying to sing a song!"
Old 02-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Has anyone been having major troubles with YSI today? It has been crapping out on me all day long.

In any case, this finally uploaded. One of my favourite PF shows for the historical reasons I mentioned in the post above. Again, as with most of the Floyd bootlegs I have, the audio quality's not top notch but not bad for the 70s. I just recently re-downloaded this one (there are three different versions, I think), and this version is supposed to be the one with the highest sound quality. My first one was atrocious, ugh. The taper had some problems recording this show but he managed to fix most of them as he went along. Plus, it was a stadium, so that always works against bootleg quality. Anyway...

http://s46.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IF6ZVY6BCW3V1NQOZ49ZRD5CT

Pink Floyd: In The Flesh Tour (Montreal, 6 July 1977)

Disc 1:

01. Sheep
02. Pigs On The Wing (Part I)
03. Dogs
04. Pigs On The Wing (Part II)
05. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
06. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)

(Just noticed I messed up the tag on Shine On - had a IV instead of a V. You can fix that yourselves, I'm not wrestling with YSI again )

Disc 2:

01. Welcome To The Machine
02. Have A Cigar
03. Wish You Were Here
04. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
05. Money
06. Us And Them
07. Blues
Old 02-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Has anyone been having major troubles with YSI today? It has been crapping out on me all day long.

In any case, this finally uploaded. One of my favourite PF shows for the historical reasons I mentioned in the post above. Again, as with most of the Floyd bootlegs I have, the audio quality's not top notch but not bad for the 70s. I just recently re-downloaded this one (there are three different versions, I think), and this version is supposed to be the one with the highest sound quality. My first one was atrocious, ugh. The taper had some problems recording this show but he managed to fix most of them as he went along. Plus, it was a stadium, so that always works against bootleg quality. Anyway...

http://s46.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IF6ZVY6BCW3V1NQOZ49ZRD5CT

Pink Floyd: In The Flesh Tour (Montreal, 6 July 1977)

Disc 1:

01. Sheep
02. Pigs On The Wing (Part I)
03. Dogs
04. Pigs On The Wing (Part II)
05. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
06. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)

(Just noticed I messed up the tag on Shine On - had a IV instead of a V. You can fix that yourselves, I'm not wrestling with YSI again )

Disc 2:

01. Welcome To The Machine
02. Have A Cigar
03. Wish You Were Here
04. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
05. Money
06. Us And Them
07. Blues
thank you so much for this
Old 02-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

"Roger Waters spat on me and it was because of that that an incredibly popular record was made!"

That's t-shirt material...or a book title! Amazing story. I love how at the end of that spit clip, the band tell the audience "we're going to take a bit of a break and come back." To have been a fly on the wall...holy unintentional pun

Yes, the whole fireworks component is rather odd. Maybe it was a 70's thing. I want to learn more about this. But, really, who needs fireworks when the music creates them in your miiiind! That was great.

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

thank you so much for this

Sounds great, and the pictures are very cool...nice touch