Pink Floyd World Tour 2006 (Not Confirmed!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Well I read this piece in the News Of The World yesterday, and it said how the band are planning the tour after their Live8 reunion was recieved so well....(possibly also cos of all the cash they will make from it!)
It says how they will play the full DSOTM at the gigs, same way as how the other 3 did on the last world tour.

I know it's still basically a rumour, but the same paper said a month before it was announced, that Floyd were to reform for Live8, and that happened.....:shrug:

A world tour would indeed be superb, and just playing the Dark Side material would be MORE than enough for me....:drool:

DrTeeth said:
I'd better start saving :hmm:

My thoughts exactly! A mate and I spoke about how much we would be willing to pay for a ticket...I think we both agreed that £500 would be our limit!

...I hope it wouldnt be anywhere near that tho!:ohmy: But at my age (22) the chance to see Floyd for the 1st and most probably LAST time in my life, MUST be taken whatever the cost!:combust:

^ I know what u mean. I just have the feeling that if this all happens, then once i'm on the phone ordering the tickets, i'll be so excited i'll just hand them my card number without even hearing the price!:ohmy:

^I thought that too! I wondered if I should post this or not, but like I say the paper was correct in Floyd being at Live8 - so let's just hope they're on the ball with this one too!:hyper:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think even I would have to pony up to see this. :drool:

Right now, somewhere, DaveC is spontaneously combusting on his campus. :p

Dave C will probably post that it's never going to happen and Pink Floyd will probably officially announce the tour the next day. :D

In all actuality, you'd be forced to spend a ton of money on this tour. Is it worth it? Absolutely. I just don't see a good single ticket being anywhere under 300 dollaridoos.

But being able to say you caught Floyd is priceless anyway.

I have seen Roger Waters.

If tickets are available for about $100, like a U2 ticket a face value, and if I can get them easily, ok. If not, I don´t really care.

I have seen so many great concerts, and I´m not one of those posers.

I go there for the music and the show.

Nothing will beat the moment when Roger entered the stage with In The Flesh Part II. been there, done that.

I would pay $500 for playin a live gig with Syd though :D

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, and yeah I hope I'm proven wrong with an announcement to the contrary tomorrow, but a Pink Floyd tour is HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Roger Waters said "DEFINITELY NOT" in a recent Sept 2005 interview.

Nick Mason would jump to do it, but he's the only band member who comes with no reservations. And he's not nearly the decision maker in Pink Floyd. Whether Floyd tours or not (with or without Waters) is in the hands of David Gilmour and he has publicly stated before and after Live 8 that he has no desire to tour under the Floyd banner at present (and, to compound matters, is presently working on a solo album slated for '06 release, but don't hold your breath on that one).

Gilmour and Waters have each proclaimed that they'd be willing to do another one-off reunion gig for charity "for the right cause" so I don't think we can fully close the book on PF. But a world tour is not in the offing, at least not at present.

Hawkfire said:
Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, and yeah I hope I'm proven wrong with an announcement to the contrary tomorrow, but a Pink Floyd tour is HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Roger Waters said "DEFINITELY NOT" in a recent Sept 2005 interview.

Nick Mason would jump to do it, but he's the only band member who comes with no reservations. And he's not nearly the decision maker in Pink Floyd. Whether Floyd tours or not (with or without Waters) is in the hands of David Gilmour and he has publicly stated before and after Live 8 that he has no desire to tour under the Floyd banner at present (and, to compound matters, is presently working on a solo album slated for '06 release, but don't hold your breath on that one).

Gilmour and Waters have each proclaimed that they'd be willing to do another one-off reunion gig for charity "for the right cause" so I don't think we can fully close the book on PF. But a world tour is not in the offing, at least not at present.

:no:

I thought I heard on the radio a week or two ago that reportedly, the band were offered $250 million dollars to do a tour, and still turned it down. Dunno... Believe it was Uncle Joe Benson on 95.5 KLOS in Los Angeles who said that... :shrug:

Lila64 said:
I thought I heard on the radio a week or two ago that reportedly, the band were offered $250 million dollars to do a tour, and still turned it down. Dunno... Believe it was Uncle Joe Benson on 95.5 KLOS in Los Angeles who said that... :shrug:

Yeah, the paper the other day said something like £150million for the tour. I know they dont NEED the money....but WE need the FLOYD!!!!:rockon:

how will be the tour be named? "The snow in the middle of august"? :wink: jokes apart, it seems difficult for me. roger waters shines to have a solo project, i don't know if he would abandon it for pink floyd. anyway, if pink floyd must get together again, then they must be all 4. just dave, nick and richard wouldn't be enough...........................all or no one!

Yes, I´ve read that at neptunepinkfloyd (something as Interference here, I mean, the biggest PF forum :wink:) and so far it´s nothing but a rumor :eyebrow:

Let´s see what will happen :drool:

#1bonofan said:
I would say by Roger Waters recent interview in RS it won't happen, but how freaking awesome it would be if it did!!
Pink Floyd rock!

Yeah, I read that article in Rolling Stone too and I would agree 100 %% with you on that one !! :up:

DrTeeth said:

Dave C will probably post that it's never going to happen and Pink Floyd will probably officially announce the tour the next day. :D

:rant:

:wink:

Hell, anything's possible at this point. I will admit I'm skeptical (based on a couple recent Rog interviews I've read), but, of course, I could be dead wrong (again). I hope I'm not. I'll pay anything (hell, I'll use my student loan) to go see the Floyd, no matter where I have to go.

Aardvark747 said:
Well I read this piece in the News Of The World yesterday, and it said how the band are planning the tour after their Live8 reunion was recieved so well....(possibly also cos of all the cash they will make from it!)

I don't think they're likely to say they're donating all extra profits made following Live8 to charity (Gilmour was the first person to announce he would be doing so, anyway :up:) then go on a world tour and rake in a ton of cash.

Unless you meant all the money they'd make for charity??

Plus, DaveC you never got back to me on those two Floyd bootlegs you said you'd send!! :ohmy: [I'm Blahblahblah, by the way...]

http://au.launch.yahoo.com/060705/10/seds.html

Pink Floyd Trio Hint At Reunion
(Soundbuzz, Wednesday July 5, 11:00 PM)

Dave Gilmour, Rick Wright and Nick Mason are considering reuniting Pink Floyd, with or without estranged band mate Roger Waters.

When the four re-teamed for Live 8 last summer they insisted it was a one-off and that they wouldn't hit the road again. They even turned down a reported US$180 million to tour the US.

But front man Gilmour, keyboard player Wright and drummer Mason have stayed close since the charity gig and are open to the idea of reuniting.

Speaking after a screening of a Pink Floyd DVD in London Monday night, Gilmour said, "All four of the old group - the classic line up - if you want to call it that, have been out plying our trade this year and so we all are doing exactly that and it's been enormously great fun for myself. My plan is to just meander my own particular way for the time being."

Wright adds, "And I guess my plan is to meander along. And whenever Dave wants me to play with him, I'm really happy to play with him. He asked Gilmour, 'You'll play with me right?' To which Gilmour replied, 'Of course.'"

Mason added, "Of course, I'm available to everyone."

It is unknown if Waters would participate. He left the band in 1985 after his relationship with Gilmour broke down. Despite joining the band at Live 8, Waters has since insisted he would never reunite with Pink Floyd again. (wenn)

That article makes a big leap of faith...

While I'd love to see a Floyd reunion (with or without Waters, preferably without actually), I don't think it is happening anytime soon. This article really twists the bandmembers sentiments. Sure, Mason and Wright would love to tour under the Floyd banner again...the problem is that Gilmour has virtually no interest in it, he has a young family and is content to be more of a homebody (and he alone, not Mason or Wright, would be required to give the go-ahead). He has stated numerous times while promoting his solo record/tour that he is not the least interested in a big production tour (which any Floyd tour would inevitably be) nor a world-spanning 100+ date rigorous schedule. While I could see Floyd doing more one-off performances ala Live 8, a world tour isn't in the offing at all at the moment.

The PULSE DVD (out next week) might be the closest one can get to a Floyd concert experience. I've only been waiting 12 years for this to finally come out!

Back
Top Bottom