Pink Floyd Survivor: Wish You Were Here - FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts I - V)

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Wish You Were Here

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Ha, Learning To Fly, really? I never ever would've guessed that. I have a tendency to confuse that with a couple of other tracks, and I've certainly never heard anybody mention it outside of a handful of Pink Floyd threads.

It gets a hell of a lot of airplay in North America. It's the reason why I can't listen to classic rock stations. I have to switch to something else the moment I hear those cheesy synth drums.

GibsonGirl said:

I know, it doesn't seem right... God, don't tell me we've got alters voting in the Floyd survivor now.

I have 6 alters, but only one of them is a Pink Floyd fan, so...:shrug:

Do actually use any of them? I have like three and haven't used any in a loooong time.

I think if you asked most poeple (I know) they might be able to give you Another Brick and Money.

GibsonGirl said:
It gets a hell of a lot of airplay in North America. It's the reason why I can't listen to classic rock stations. I have to switch to something else the moment I hear those cheesy synth drums.

I've honestly never heard anything post-The Wall (or pre-DSOTM) on radio; my first exposure to it was through Pulse. I find classic rock stations here to be unlistenable, but for reasons that would make most people here consider me a Philistine. :wink:

COBL_04 said:
Do actually use any of them? I have like three and haven't used any in a loooong time.

I was joking. :wink:

I actually may have an alter, but I forget the password to it, so I couldn't use it even if I wanted to.

Axver said:

I've honestly never heard anything post-The Wall (or pre-DSOTM) on radio; my first exposure to it was through Pulse. I find classic rock stations here to be unlistenable, but for reasons that would make most people here consider me a Philistine. :wink:

Lucky. I heard Coming Back To Life on K-Rock 97.5 the other day and almost choked on my own vomit.

We're all Philistines. :shh:

LemonMelon said:

I was joking. :wink:

I actually may have an alter, but I forget the password to it, so I couldn't use it even if I wanted to.

I think my alter is "thebonomobile", or something equally ridiculous.

I'm the opposite. Classic rock stations is all I want to listen to because at least you don't hear the same songs five times a day... take the new Maroon 5 song, or the new Kylie or Delta songs, or Matchbox Twenty or the Fray, I liked all those songs, but can't stand them now because I hear them so often. I heard the M5 song three times in ten minutes last week.

GibsonGirl said:
Lucky. I heard Coming Back To Life on K-Rock 97.5 the other day and almost choked on my own vomit.

We're all Philistines. :shh:

Definitely Philistines. I like Coming Back To Life. :reject:

COBL_04 said:
I'm the opposite. Classic rock stations is all I want to listen to because at least you don't hear the same songs five times a day... take the new Maroon 5 song, or the new Kylie or Delta songs, or Matchbox Twenty or the Fray, I liked all those songs, but can't stand them now because I hear them so often. I heard the M5 song three times in ten minutes last week.

Oh goodness, those stations suck immensely too. I just DON'T listen to the radio. I can't decide what's worse, having to tolerate Maroon 5 or the Rolling Stones (there, I said it).

Oh, and Nova's recent advertising isn't exactly going to get me to listen. Promoting your radio station through a TV ad blaring The Veronicas' Hook Me Up? Epic fail.

I dont even know wat that word means. :shrug:

PF TOP FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Wish You Were Here
2. Dogs :drool:
3. Us and Them
4. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI - IX)
5. Comfortably Numb

Axver said:

Oh goodness, those stations suck immensely too. I just DON'T listen to the radio. I can't decide what's worse, having to tolerate Maroon 5 or the Rolling Stones (there, I said it).

Oh, and Nova's recent advertising isn't exactly going to get me to listen. Promoting your radio station through a TV ad blaring The Veronicas' Hook Me Up? Epic fail.

*shudders*

I cannot STAND the Veronicas.

Most music these days is horrible, horrible stuff.

Don't mind the Stones though. Just got Exile on Main St.

Axver said:

Definitely Philistines. I like Coming Back To Life. :reject:

Well! Since I personally loathe Coming Back To Life, your opinion is utterly shit and worthless, and...oops, wrong thread. :wink:

See, COBL, that's why I just try not to listen to the radio voluntarily. Hardly anything worthwhile comes on. I'm better off finding new stuff on the Internet. The main problem with classic rock stations here (Learning to Fly and Coming Back To Life aside) is that they appear to consider 80s hair metal "classic".

Hair metal? Excuse my ignorance.

Our classic rock station is actually really decent in my opinion. They play a really good spread of music.

Any station that plays Locomotive Breath 15 times a day is something I'm staying far away from. :down:

COBL_04 said:
I dont even know wat that word means. :shrug:

PF TOP FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Wish You Were Here
2. Dogs :drool:
3. Us and Them
4. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI - IX)
5. Comfortably Numb

:hyper:

1. Sheep
2. The Final Cut
3. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-IX)
4. Echoes
5. Dogs

It changes all the time (with the exception of Sheep).

GibsonGirl said:

Well! Since I personally loathe Coming Back To Life, your opinion is utterly shit and worthless, and...oops, wrong thread. :wink:

See, COBL, that's why I just try not to listen to the radio voluntarily. Hardly anything worthwhile comes on. I'm better off finding new stuff on the Internet. The main problem with classic rock stations here (Learning to Fly and Coming Back To Life aside) is that they appear to consider 80s hair metal "classic".

:lol:

I agree; I don't know why the hell I would even want to listen to the radio when I can enjoy my own selection of music on my computer or iPod. And yeah, when I was back in New Zealand, I noticed Poison are now "classic rock". No, they're overblown bullshit. I hate the term "hair metal" too. It's not metal! :mad:

GibsonGirl said:

:hyper:

1. Sheep
2. The Final Cut
3. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-IX)
4. Echoes
5. Dogs

It changes all the time (with the exception of Sheep).

Well I'll change it to all parts as well then.

gotta fit Echoes in as well... replace CN at five.

And I saw the video.

I see your problem. Not classic at aLL.

LemonMelon said:
4. Summer '68

You win. :up:

1. Summer '68
2. Sorrow
3. Shine On You Crazy Diamond I-V
4. Dogs, Pigs, and Sheep, I'd rather not pick just one from Animals. :wink:
5. BIKE!

Edit: WTF? I somehow forgot to mention Have A Cigar. It'd slot in at #3.

My brother thinks this 'hair' metal is the greatest thing in the world, and thinks that I now respect his taste in music (before I had no respect whatsoever, cos he bought Hilary Duff, Crazy Frog). The only band I can tolerate of his is ACDC.

With regards to Animals, I think Dogs is by far the best. It never gets boring at all, the lyrics and guitar are extraordianry, and the ending is so fucking kick ass that its gone from funny to not funny to funny again. Pigs is awesome, but the thing that counts against it for me is that it never reeeeally transcencds, goes beyond itself, until the solo at the end. Otherwise it's a bit repetitive. But can you beat "haha charade you are?" I love the delivery there. Sheep I'm still a little indifferent about. The need to drag out every line for an extyras ten seconds can get on my nerves a bit, and I feel it lags a bit at the start and the bridge, but otherwise it is pretty rocking. All three of the songs have really awesome outros.

DaveC said:

Even before I clicked the link, I guessed it was that video :lmao:

Poor SOYCD. :(

I very nearly put the link for Jump there instead. I can't decide which is worse.

Daniel, I know you don't own More, but have you heard Cymbaline? God, that song is worth the price of the record.

COBL_04 said:
With regards to Animals, I think Dogs is by far the best. It never gets boring at all, the lyrics and guitar are extraordianry, and the ending is so fucking kick ass that its gone from funny to not funny to funny again. Pigs is awesome, but the thing that counts against it for me is that it never reeeeally transcencds, goes beyond itself, until the solo at the end. Otherwise it's a bit repetitive. But can you beat "haha charade you are?" I love the delivery there. Sheep I'm still a little indifferent about. The need to drag out every line for an extyras ten seconds can get on my nerves a bit, and I feel it lags a bit at the start and the bridge, but otherwise it is pretty rocking. All three of the songs have really awesome outros.

The ending to Dogs is so fantastic. :up: I love the way Roger screams out that last line. Pigs is hilarious. The jabs at Mary Whitehouse and Margaret Thatcher are classic. "You fucked up old hag! Haha, charade you are!" Sheep has my favourite PF lyric in it. "Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream." Personally, I love the way the vocals are dragged out. It sounds incredible when his voice crossfades with the synth.

Damn it, now I have to listen to Animals. Thanks a lot, I was on my way to bed. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

The jabs at Mary Whitehouse and Margaret Thatcher are classic. "You fucked up old hag! Haha, charade you are!"

:lol: That line is even funnier on paper.

For the longest time I thought the line was "you fucked a whole head." :ohmy: Definitely had my mind in the gutter back then. But not now. No. :shifty:

LemonMelon said:

:lol: That line is even funnier on paper.

For the longest time I thought the line was "you fucked a whole head." :ohmy: Definitely had my mind in the gutter back then. But not now. No. :shifty:

Tell me about it. :lmao:

I also love the suggestive breathing sounds during Whitehouse's bit. Whatever happened to that old prude anyway? I assume she's dead now, but I'm too lazy to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom