Pink Floyd Survivor: The Wall - The First of Many

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• In the Flesh?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Thin Ice

• Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 1

• The Happiest Days of Our Lives

• Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 2

• Mother

• Goodbye Blue Sky

• Empty Spaces

• Young Lust

• One of My Turns

• Don't Leave Me Now

• Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 3

• Goodbye Cruel World

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Hey You

• Is There Anybody Out There?

• Nobody Home

• Vera

• Bring the Boys Back Home

• Comfortably Numb

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The Show Must Go On

• In the Flesh

• Run Like Hell

• Waiting for the Worms

• Stop

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • The Trial

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Outside the Wall

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
The Dogs were triumphant over their grazing pals, the Sheep in what seemed an unlikely victory.

Votes:
Sheep - 18
Dogs - 8
Total - 26

Songs eliminated so far:
65. Sheep
64. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
63. Pigs on the Wing 1
62. Pigs on the Wing 2
61. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts I - V)
60. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI - IX)
59. Have a Cigar
58. Welcome to the Machine
57. Us and Them
56. Brain Damage
=54. Eclipse
=54. Speak to Me/Breathe
=52. Money
=52. Great Gig in the Sky
51. Any Colour You Like
50. On the Run
49. Wots... uh the Deal
48. Burning Bridges
=46. Childhood's End
=46. Obscured by Clouds
45. Stay
=43. The Gold it's in the...
=43. Mudmen
42. When You're In
41. Absolutely Curtains
40. Fearless
41. One of These Days
39. A Pillow of Winds
38. San Tropez
37. Seamus
36. Fat Old Sun
35. If
34. Atom Heart Mother Suite
33. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
32. The Narrow Way
31. Grantchester Meadows
30. Sysyphus
29. The Grand Vizier's Garden Party
28. Green is the Colour
27. The Nile Song
26. Ibiza Bar
25. Cirrus Minor
24. Crying Song
=22. Main Theme
=22. Dramatic Theme
21. Up the Khyber
=18. More Blues
=18. A Spanish Piece
=18. Quicksilver
17. Party Sequence
16. Let There Be More Light
15. Jugband Blues
14. Remember a Day
13. A Saucerful of Secrets
12. Corporal Clegg
11. See-Saw
10. Astronomy Domine
9. Interstellar Overdrive
8. Flaming
7. Matilda Mother
=2. Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
=2. The Gnome
=2. Chapter 24
=2. The Scarecrow
=2. Bike
1. Pow R. Toc H.

Finalists
Piper at the Gates of Dawn: Lucifer Sam
A Saucerful of Secrets: Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
More: Cymbaline
Ummagumma: Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
Atom Heart Mother: Summer '68
Meddle: Echoes
Obscured by Clouds: Free Four
Dark Side of the Moon: Time
Wish You Were Here: Wish You Were Here
Animals: Dogs

Well now it's time for a marathon, The Wall.

I'm voting for The Trial, and if you go back through the last few threads you'll see why.

There is plenty of crap here, but The Trial probably irritates me the most and is the best demonstration of the concept overwhelming the quality of the music. It has got to go.

Is it necessarily wise to run this round on Christmas Day though? The amount of voters is sure to be quite low; we're pausing the War Survivor over on EYKIW until Boxing Day.

So some joker's voted for Comfortably Numb. Har har, very witty.

I had the same complaint in the Radiohead thread: It's a waste of everyone's time to include tracks that aren't even songs on this list. They aren't going to win any of these polls. The Trial? Are you fucking kidding me?

Here's another rule of thumb: If a track is under 2 minutes, it's probably too slight to qualify in this type of poll.

Why doesn't anyone think before going forward with this stuff? Maybe you guys like these things to stretch out for weeks on end, I certainly don't.

I like The Trial. :shrug: It's funny. "Go on Judge, shit on him!"

Voted for Stop.

I quite like Stop, largely owing to the desperation in Roger's voice. In my mind, Goodbye Cruel World is entirely unnecessary.

Wait a moment, three votes for Comfortably Numb? Something is not right here. I am not one to push the notion of objectively superior music, but it really would be a travesty if CN exited anywhere before the final five. Someone here must be using alters- both CN and Shine On cannot be deprived of the final if this poll is to retain any degree of legitimacy.

cdisantis83 said:
Wait a moment, three votes for Comfortably Numb? Something is not right here. I am not one to push the notion of objectively superior music, but it really would be a travesty if CN exited anywhere before the final five. Someone here must be using alters- both CN and Shine On cannot be deprived of the final if this poll is to retain any degree of legitimacy.

Yeah, this is just too suspicious. If somebody is altering this, they clearly are not very good at doing it in a subtle method to evade detection. I find it hard to believe that three people already want to kick out CN ahead of everything else on The Wall.

Axver said:

Yeah, this is just too suspicious. If somebody is altering this, they clearly are not very good at doing it in a subtle method to evade detection. I find it hard to believe that three people already want to kick out CN ahead of everything else on The Wall.

Yeah, they should have just voted once. We all could have had a good laugh about it and moved on. But this? No...this is definitely suspicious.

Axver said:

It's not suspicious at all.

Someone's just trying to be funny/a douchebag. Unsuccessful in the former, exceptional in the latter.

Do you know what I find really interesting? The voting has been very strange ever since mid December. The WYWH final was bizarre... Shine On - a song that a lot of us wanted to win - was curiously beaten as a result of a high rate of voting that occurred within a small time frame. The Animals final was also bizarre in the sense that there were 18 votes against Sheep. The number of people who commented against Sheep did not even exceed single digits. Dogs was clearly winning based on comments, but by SO much? Animals is not a well-known album outside the Floyd fan base, so I highly doubt the results could have been influenced by the people who "know" Pink Floyd via the radio. And now, there are three votes against Comfortably Numb in the first round. In previous polls, a number of us have expressed that we would like this song to win the Wall survivor. Very curious voting patterns indeed...

If someone IS jerking us around, and if this someone is who I think it is, then this person is a bigger twat than I initially suspected.

Axver said:
There is plenty of crap here, but The Trial probably irritates me the most and is the best demonstration of the concept overwhelming the quality of the music. It has got to go.

:up:

And... I hate the talking ass in the film.

Is there any way to determine whom is voting for what song? Perhaps a mod could assist us in this instance, or the people (or, perhaps more accurately, person) doing so could take a moment to declare why they feel inclined to vote in that rather peculiar fashion.

GibsonGirl said:
If someone IS jerking us around, and if this someone is who I think it is, then this person is a bigger twat than I initially suspected.

Wouldn't you think that Mr. Brau is a little too loaded at the moment to successfully hack interference? :hmm:

Decided to join in with the "Comfortably Numb" voters...this album blows and that's my protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom