Pink Floyd Survivor: THE FINALS: Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

"I love animals. That's why I kill 'em!" AND "Ludwig!! Have you seen the sugar bowl?"

• Lucifer Sam

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cymbaline

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Summer '68

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Echoes

• Free Four

• Time

• Wish You Were Here

• Dogs

• Comfortably Numb

• The Final Cut

• Sorrow

• High Hopes

• Careful With That Axe, Eugene

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Blah Blah Blah got evicted.

Votes
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict - 8
Cymbaline - 4
Lucifer Sam, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, Comfortably Numb, The Final Cut - 1
Total votes - 16

This therefore means that Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict is the 15th best Pink Floyd song. :lmao:

I'm not voting for Free Four.... it's very San Tropez like, despite a good little solo, and but marginally better than Lucifer Sam.

Now this one's for Axver.... I know you find The Final Cut (song) boring, but Set the Controls is no more 'exciting', really, when you think about it. Why is it better? It's something I can't explaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

Last edited:
The Final Cut, for the reasons I outlined in the previous thread.

COBL_04 said:
Now this one's for Axver.... I know you find The Final Cut (song) boring, but Set the Controls is no more 'exciting', really, when you think about it. Why is it better? It's something I can't explaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

But Set The Controls has great atmosphere and ... I can't explaaaaaaaain. It's just good. Not going to appear on any of my lists of favourite Floyd songs, but I like to hear it, especially the Pompeii version.

Sorrow. Good song but not on par with classic Pink Floyd.

I'm learning about album production (looking to become an album producer), I have to say Comfortably Numb and Set Controls are the two most wonderfully produced Floyd tracks. So whoever is voting for them, stop and appreciate that master production. :tongue:

Screwtape2 said:
Sorrow. Good song but not on par with classic Pink Floyd.

I'm learning about album production (looking to become an album producer), I have to say Comfortably Numb and Set Controls are the two most wonderfully produced Floyd tracks. So whoever is voting for them, stop and appreciate that master production. :tongue:

Good to see you back Screwtape. :)

See I can't tell when it comes to production.

christ almighty this is nigh on impossible already

Screwtape2 said:

Absolutely. :up:

When I listen to any music, I listen to it with an ear to what, if anything, I'd do differently if I had produced the song myself. Usually I'd change the drums, or cut different samples in if it's a hip hop track, maybe a different mix...I can pick at least a few things out of 99% of all music I hear. The other 1% of songs are absolutely perfect already, and if they were changed in the slightest, that change would only serve to reduce that song's greatness. Both those songs you mentioned, Screwtape, are in that 1%. I hope both at least get to the last five (although I'll be shocked if CN doesn't win the whole enchilada).

Oh yeah, I voted for Lucifer Sam. Cymbaline is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom