Pink Floyd Survivor: The Finals - Round Nine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

"We are the knights who say NI! NI! NI!"

• Echoes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Time // Breathe Reprise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wish You Were Here

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Dogs

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Comfortably Numb

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
I Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun but burnt up before getting there.

Votes
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun - 11
Echoes, Wish You Were Here - 1
Total votes - 13

BEST PINK FLOYD SONG
15. Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
=14. Cymbaline
=14. Lucifer Sam
12. Free Four
11. The Final Cut
10. Sorrow
=9. Summer '68
=9. Careful With That Axe, Eugene
7. High Hopes
6. Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

Echoes here... it doesn't quite match up to the remaining four.

I still don't know what I want to win here... if Shine One somehow made a reappearence I might even vote for that!

Thought I'd add in // Breathe Reprise in case people forgot that once the "Time" part of Time ends, it's not over. Oh no. You get another verse of Breathe. :drool: indulgence.

Hey lemon melon... you're a member of that epinions place yeah?? Well when the hell do you get an email so you can confirm your membership/publish a review?? i just worte a dark side review but im still waiting for an email.

Wish You Were Here, doesn't stand up to the epic feel of the other songs. Echoes should win. It is the ultimate Floyd song.

Echoes. It's not quite as memorable as the other four or Summer '68 or Sorrow.

djerdap said:
Wish You Were Here, doesn't stand up to the epic feel of the other songs. Echoes should win. It is the ultimate Floyd song.

Actually, Shine On is, but alas, it's not here.

But even then, Dogs, Numb, and Time beat it.

Tough between this and Wish You Were Here. Doesn't matter which of the two go next, so I'll go for Echoes.

Dogs.

Holy shit, I may not listen to Echoes much, but it blows my mind 7 ways to Sunday each time I listen.

There is a 45-second bit in Echoes (around the 18 minute mark) which is some of the very best music I've ever heard... :drool:

Now i listened to the songs today, and it's very tough next round. But I think, now, i want comfortably Numb to win, which surprises me actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom