Pink Floyd Survivor: Obscured by Clouds - FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song:

• Wots...Uh the Deal

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Free Four

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Unanimous!!

Votes:
Burning Bridges - 8
Total votes - 8

Songs eliminated so far:
47. Burning Bridges
=46. Childhood's End
=46. Obscured by Clouds
45. Stay
=43. The Gold it's in the...
=43. Mudmen
42. When You're In
41. Absolutely Curtains
40. Fearless
41. One of These Days
39. A Pillow of Winds
38. San Tropez
37. Seamus
36. Fat Old Sun
35. If
34. Atom Heart Mother Suite
33. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
32. The Narrow Way
31. Grantchester Meadows
30. Sysyphus
29. The Grand Vizier's Garden Party
28. Green is the Colour
27. The Nile Song
26. Ibiza Bar
25. Cirrus Minor
24. Crying Song
=22. Main Theme
=22. Dramatic Theme
21. Up the Khyber
=18. More Blues
=18. A Spanish Piece
=18. Quicksilver
17. Party Sequence
16. Let There Be More Light
15. Jugband Blues
14. Remember a Day
13. A Saucerful of Secrets
12. Corporal Clegg
11. See-Saw
10. Astronomy Domine
9. Interstellar Overdrive
8. Flaming
7. Matilda Mother
=2. Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
=2. The Gnome
=2. Chapter 24
=2. The Scarecrow
=2. Bike
1. Pow R. Toc H.

Finalists
Piper at the Gates of Dawn: Lucifer Sam
A Saucerful of Secrets: Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
More: Cymbaline
Ummagumma: Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
Atom Heart Mother: Summer '68
Meddle: Echoes

Free Four is the shit, I love this song.

It's tied with Stay as my favorite on the album.

I'm gonna vote Free Four. I like both but Wots is the underdog here and it's truly a beautiful song!

It was tough. Both are great songs. I went for Wot's...Uh The Deal in the end. Free Four just makes me feel happy in a very paradoxical way when you consider the lyrics. I think it's the clapping.

GibsonGirl said:
It was tough. Both are great songs. I went for Wot's...Uh The Deal in the end. Free Four just makes me feel happy in a very paradoxical way when you consider the lyrics. I think it's the clapping.

It's definitely the intro.

One, two, FREE FOUR!
dance.gif

LemonMelon said:

It's definitely the intro.

One, two, FREE FOUR!
dance.gif

I think it's the intro AND the clapping.

And maybe the melody too.

Damn, it's all so good.

:drool:

phanan said:
Free Four FTW

:up:

:applaud: The memories of a man in his old age :applaud:
:applaud: Are the deeds of a man in his prime :applaud:
:applaud: You shuffle in the gloom of the sick room :applaud:
:applaud: And talk to yourself as you die :applaud:

Parts of OBC are somewhat growing on me. Free Four is one of those parts. Goodbye, Deal. :wave:

hey guys, back once again. this time for real. i know this wont mean anything any more Dave but thanks!!

So is this album worth getting or not??

COBL_04 said:

Not if you don't have More, Atom Heart Mother, or Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking (yes, it's Roger, but I prefer it over the Wall on some days). I find those more interesting, and there are only about 5 good songs on this thing, with 2 of them being "great" (the two battling it out right now).

COBL_04 said:

If you're a completist, sure. Otherwise, there's plenty of other stuff to download (or, I suppose, buy) beforehand.

The only band so far I've been a completist of is U2. :shrug: Beatles? Hate their early work. Bowie? Some very weird and out there stuff. Floyd? Maybe down the road.

COBL_04 said:
The only band so far I've been a completist of is U2. :shrug: Beatles? Hate their early work. Bowie? Some very weird and out there stuff. Floyd? Maybe down the road.

Do yourself a favor and move on. I think you have just about all the essential Floyd albums. Move on to Bob Dylan (Highway 61 Revisited, Blood On The Tracks) or the Rolling Stones (Sticky Fingers, Beggars Banquet) for now.

LemonMelon said:

Do yourself a favor and move on. I think you have just about all the essential Floyd albums. Move on to Bob Dylan (Highway 61 Revisited, Blood On The Tracks) or the Rolling Stones (Sticky Fingers, Beggars Banquet) for now.

:yes:

Good timing, COBL :wink:

ETA: Don't forget Let it Bleed :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Move on to Bob Dylan (Highway 61 Revisited, Blood On The Tracks) or the Rolling Stones (Sticky Fingers, Beggars Banquet) for now.

Both are extremely boring.

*waits to get flamed to the darkest depths of hell*

Wow, Beggar's and Sticky Fingers are two of the finest albums ever made, in my opinion. I am looking for Wot's the Deal to win this one.

I'll save a porto-potty for you guys there.

Like a Rolling Stone, Street Fightin' Man, Sympathy for the Devil, Desolation Row, Meet Me in the Morning, Brown Sugar, Moonlight Mile, and other awesome tracks are boring? :shrug:

Okay I like some Stones songs... Start Me Up, Gimme Shelter, Wild Horses and a few others... but overall :yawn: As for Dylan, Like A Rolling Stone is cool and maybe a couple more here and there. Other than that, his style is not for me. I have not listened to either Dylan's or Stones' actual albums, just greatest hits collections... but they were pretty exhaustive as they were self made compilations.

True, but you can't judge a band solely on best ofs, in my opinion.

Listening to 40 Licks is a completely different experience than all of Exile on Main Street or Let It Bleed.

Actually sorry I have listened to Exile but it was quite a while back. And I don't think I let the album grow on me. The first listen bored me and I gave up. :uhoh:

lazarus said:
I love the irony of a Pink Floyd fan calling Dylan or the Stones boring.

Riiiiiiight.

Pink Floyd are my style. The Stones aren't and Dylan well and truly isn't. I know, how dare I have my own tastes.

Well saying it's not your style, but accusing other artists of being boring when you're championing a band that does a lot of trippy, instrumental "exploration" is a bit hypocritical.

It's like me calling the Grateful Dead drugged-out stoner music and then extolling the talents of Phish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom