Pink Floyd Survivor: More - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song:

• The Nile Song

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Green is the Colour

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Cymbaline

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Ibiza Bar

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Since our esteemed colleague COBL_04 has gone MIA, allegedly with a computer virus, I'm going to open this up and hope that he's back in business by tomorrow. Hope that's okay with you, COBL, but for the game to stall at More would suck.

Anyways, Cirrus Minor got the boot last round.

Votes:
Cirrus Minor - 7
Ibiza Bar - 4
Total votes: 11 (in a new record for the More album rounds)

Songs eliminated so far:
25. Cirrus Minor
24. Crying Song
=22. Main Theme
=22. Dramatic Theme
21. Up the Khyber
=18. More Blues
=18. A Spanish Piece
=18. Quicksilver
17. Party Sequence
16. Let There Be More Light
15. Jugband Blues
14. Remember a Day
13. A Saucerful of Secrets
12. Corporal Clegg
11. See-Saw
10. Astronomy Domine
9. Interstellar Overdrive
8. Flaming
7. Matilda Mother
=2. Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
=2. The Gnome
=2. Chapter 24
=2. The Scarecrow
=2. Bike
1. Pow R. Toc H.

Finalists:
Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Lucifer Sam
A Saucerful of Secrets - Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

Round seven of More now, the poll's open for a day as usual.

Hurrah, now we're down to the album's four good songs. I'll be voting for Green Is The Colour until it's gone. It's the weakest.

Axver said:
I'll be voting for Green Is The Colour until it's gone. It's the weakest.

Good lord, I really hope you're joking.

And if The Nile Song wins this album as the result of a three-way tie, it will be a travesty. Actually, if any song OTHER than Cymbaline wins More, it would be right nuts.

DaveC said:
Good lord, I really hope you're joking.

Well, I'm not at all saying it's a bad song. It's quite good. However, The Nile Song and Ibiza Bar are more enjoyable in my opinion, and Cymbaline is far and away the album's best song, so it's pretty obvious where that leaves Green Is The Colour in my ranking of the four songs.

I think having the line "Will the tightrope reach the end/will the final couplet rhyme?" in the first verse, and then actually having the final couplet being the only two lines in the whole thing that DON'T rhyme, is genius.

DaveC said:
I think having the line "Will the tightrope reach the end/will the final couplet rhyme?" in the first verse, and then actually having the final couplet being the only two lines in the whole thing that DON'T rhyme, is genius.

And that, my friend, is one of the many reasons why Roger Waters is brilliant. :wink:

I can't remember if I voted off The Nile Song or Ibiza Bar. They're pretty much the same thing anyway. It's a shame that Cirrus Minor was voted off. At this point, I can't decide if I want Green Is The Colour or Cymbaline to win. Probably Cymbaline, because Green Is The Colour is much better live than it is in the studio. (BBC 16-07-1970 FTMFW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom