Pink Floyd Survivor: B-Sides, Rarities, Other - FINAL - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: "Hey, new Bruce, are you a poofter!?"
See Emily Play 9 64.29%
Careful With That Axe Eugene 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #16
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,800
Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Okay... Roger Waters is overrated.


...


*runs away*
Says the man who claims Phil Collins era Genesis is superior to anything Peter Gabriel did with the band.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 03-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
They’re gonna send you back to mother
In a cardboard box
You better run!
Run Like Hell =

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Zoots, if it weren't for Roger, Pink Floyd would have faded into obscurity the moment Syd went off the deep end.
Give Gilmour some credit too!

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Says the man who claims Phil Collins era Genesis is superior to anything Peter Gabriel did with the band.
Hey!! I only say that cos I haven't heard Gabriel's output. And one of the artists I grew up listening to in the 80s and 90s was Phil Collins. I can't help it. The little I've heard of Gabriel's I like.
__________________

__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque


Give Gilmour some credit too!



Gilmour was absolutely integral to the band's overall sound and success, no doubt! I would never deny that. Looking strictly at the numbers however, Roger was far more prolific than any other member of the band, and not just in the later years. Without his lyrics or his songs, Pink Floyd would not have been nearly as important as they were. So I think it's a bit harsh to say that he's overrated.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #19
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,030
Local Time: 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl




Gilmour was absolutely integral to the band's overall sound and success, no doubt! I would never deny that. Looking strictly at the numbers however, Roger was far more prolific than any other member of the band, and not just in the later years. Without his lyrics or his songs, Pink Floyd would not have been nearly as important as they were. So I think it's a bit harsh to say that he's overrated.

Pfffft


it was all about Nick Mason and you know it
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04



Pfffft


it was all about Nick Mason and you know it
You might be on to something there.

__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 02:37 AM   #21
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,030
Local Time: 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


You might be on to something there.

He's very fussy isn't he?
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline  
 

Tags
pink floyd survivor, survivor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com