Pink Floyd Survivor: Animals - Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• Pigs on the Wing 1

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Dogs

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sheep

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:

By the way, while I'm here, wtf is Echoes about?

The crux of the song is in these lines:

Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me
And do I take you by the hand
And lead you through the land
And help me understand the best I can

Roger has described it as the first time he truly explored the idea of empathy, seeing himself in other people, that sort of thing. I wish I could nip into my room to get out my tour programmes because I'm positive there's a quote about Echoes in them somewhere. We've two students staying here, though, because there's a volleyball tournament going on at the high school. Of course, my room has been turned into a bed & breakfast and I have to sleep on the couch. :mad: Oh well.

As for the stuff about coral caves and albatrosses, I'm much less certain. Maybe there's something about it in Nick's book... I'll check.

GibsonGirl said:
Quick post before I go off to bed... It's important to note that both parts of the song were written for Carolyne Waters, Roger's second wife. Part 2 entertains the idea that love and companionship can shelter one from the negative influences in life (i.e. the power-hungry pigs, the mindless sheep.) For that reason, I believe these "pigs on the wing" are merely a metaphor for the issues raised in the central songs on the album, not any particular facet of society as such. The latter is just my opinion, it may be wrong.

Here's a quote from Roger about Animals:

That was great, thanks GG. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom