Pink Floyd PULSE DVD Out On 5/12/05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:
Little bad news folks :(

This is the info from http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/

PINK FLOYD PULSE DVD - SLIGHT RELEASE DELAY

Pink Floyd's PULSE
coming on DVD...finally!
Further to our recent news about the long-awaited, and much delayed, 2DVD release of Pink Floyd's PULSE, we've today received an update on the release dates, which have been moved slightly (a groan of "here we go again" echoes around the world!).

The release in the USA/Canada has been moved to 20th December, having been put back from the original release date of 6th December. The UK (and most of the rest of the world) release date is now 12th December. We understand that authoring of the DVD is just being finished off now, so this might be the reason for the small shift in dates. However, we have a good feeling that this will finally be it, and no more changes will occur.

:(

It's only a week.

Considering how long we've been waiting for this in the first place (it was originally supposed to come out - note that this was said by Dave Gilmour - in March 2001 and has been continuously pushed back since then), I think we can wait a whole other week.

Aardvark747 said:

Bono's speech before One was taken out completely as was Unchained Melody...:madspit:

How dare they? :rant:

At least now I know that I don't have to buy it :madspit:

ponkine said:
PINK FLOYD PULSE DVD - SLIGHT RELEASE DELAY

Pink Floyd's PULSE
coming on DVD...finally!

The release in the USA/Canada has been moved to 20th December

:hmm:

I was gonna mark my calendar AGAIN ... but now, I think I might add to my list another last minute Christmas gift instead !! :wink:

gareth brown said:
what because of one speech?

Yes, and Unchained Melody. That speech was important. It was about Africa. I thought that was what the entire thing was all about.

U2Man said:

Yes, and Unchained Melody. That speech was important. It was about Africa. I thought that was what the entire thing was all about.

Spot on son :up:

I was very pissed off. Bono made probably the best speech of the day, and even tho i've heard him say it about a billion times this year, that day was by far the most important time and therefore should've been included in the final edit. And Unchained Melody not being included?! That is just bizzare, it was a great moment having the whole crowd singing along and Bono's "God speed your love to....Africa" line.

Shame :down:

Well I think the copyright to Unchained Melody is owned by another music company. They probably wouldn't allow it to be on the Live8 DVD without being paid royalties from every single sale.

:shrug:

Why the One speech was taken out is anybody's guess, though.

yes what a f..shame the speech/unchained melody was edited
im so fucking angry:angry:
what a stupid idea, im not buying the dvd
makes no sense at all

DaveC said:
Well I think the copyright to Unchained Melody is owned by another music company. They probably wouldn't allow it to be on the Live8 DVD without being paid royalties from every single sale.

:shrug:

That makes sense I guess. Shame tho.

Aardvark747 said:

That makes sense I guess. Shame tho.

It is a good guess DaveC came up with, but I must say I highly doubt that this is the reason. If nearly every other major record company can agree not to demand royalties from this event why shouldn't the owners of Unchained Melody do the same? I still think it was done because of lack of space on the DVDs and it is just a shame that they - as so many times before - chose to cut the wrong things out.

In the end end, I just want ONE thing:

David Gilmour
Roger Waters
Richard Wright
Nick Mason

A certain not much known band called +Pink Floyd+

Back together for a tour..........................................I know, I´m dreaming on a cloud.............

Back
Top Bottom