Pink Floyd: Better Than U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, I just realized I have no idea what Slash's face looks like.

Flying FuManchu said:

I think in terms of contrasting lyrics... that is just as subjective as judging Edge's and Gilmour's guitar playing against each other.

um , ok , well Mr Waters and Mr Gilmour , both released solo albums , and those records are not too bad

contrasting lyrics ... Waters has more class in him

take thier finest lyrics , double albums ????
U2 , no way
richard wright was a very good keyboard/piano/organ player
who wrote his own stuff ,

Lyrics wise, I think Bono has been better imo he's managed to bring imagery up to a new level and to be sincere in lyrics that are fairly abstract with double meanings as well as being subtle is great achievement checkout The Joshua Tree and Achtung again and Bad of course could you put heroin abuse into words so beautifully doubt it, Waters lyrics are very good at creating the mood and mould well into the music becoming one entity but Bono has had more of situation in which the lyrics and music although being seperate are joined at the hip so to speak, building on eachother and benefit eachother without ever taking away from eachother that is, although in my opinion thats just a difference in style as I'm sure people have noticed another style is that of Morrissey that contrasts to Bono and Waters in that he lets the lyrics float over the music.

Ya know what I mean?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom