Pink Floyd BEST SONG Survivor: THE GRAND FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thank you: John Cleese, Graham Chapman, Michael Palin, Eric Idle and the two Terry's!

• Time

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Comfortably Numb

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
This is the final round people, sadly enough, but remember if you are going to vote, then also POST IN THE THREAD!

Have ya heard the news? The Dogs are dead!

Votes
Dogs - 12
Comfortably Numb - 8
Time - 2
Total votes - 22

BEST PINK FLOYD SONG
15. Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
=14. Cymbaline
=14. Lucifer Sam
12. Free Four
11. The Final Cut
10. Sorrow
=9. Summer '68
=9. Careful With That Axe, Eugene
7. High Hopes
6. Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
5. Echoes
4. Wish You Were Here
3. Dogs

Just a quick word from me: Thank you to everyone who participated in this competition, whilst it has dragged in places and the thread participation has been average in the finals, it's been good fun...

and now it comes down to Time and Comfortably Numb, I'm listening to both now.

tough choice.

It's also a bit humouros I reckon that most of us agree Shine on You Crazy Diamond should be in the final. :lol:

I'm voting for Comfortably Numb here... it is indeed magical and deserves to be here... but there is just something otherworldy about Time.

You get an awesome four minutes or so of fantastic melancholic vocals and lyrics coupled with two mindbending solos, and then you get a reprise of Breathe.

Pink Floyd knew how to treat their fans on an album.

Comfortably Numb

It of course has that killer guitar solo, but as a whole, I think Time is ahead of it. Just the production, with the idea of putting the clocks at the beginning for sound effect, was just way, way ahead of its time. And you've got both Gilmour and Wright on vocals. Just an absolute masterpiece all around.

Voting Comfortably Numb to help make one of the greatest songs of all Time victorious. :yippie: :pray:

the time is gone
the song is over
thought I'd something more to say...

I voted off Time. I love it, but the solo in CN is just the best. I can't vote it out.

Cheers for all the Python references throughout COBL_04! Some great lines amongst em!

:wink:

COBL_04 said:
Have ya heard the news? The Dogs are dead!

I hate all of you. :sad:

Not sure which finalist to give the boot yet ...

Comfortably Numb in my opinion is the crowning achievement of modern music, and the perfect fusion of the individual talents of Waters and Gilmour. Time, for all of its brilliance, as well as the searing guitar work, cannot compete with it.

Zootlesque said:

You think it is better than the Time..Breathe(reprise) segue?

Yes, I do. Besides, I consider Breathe and Time to be separate songs, considering they were separate during the DSotM draw.

Okay but when I'm voting for Time, I'm voting partly for the reprise of Breathe because not only do they flow beautifully, they're even the same track on the CD. Are some of you here voting strictly based on Time alone? :huh:

Regardless, Time is still middle-of-the-pack for me on DSotM and, if you choose to include it, the Breathe reprise is by far the best thing about it. Comfortably Numb is on another level no matter what.

phanan said:
The Breathe reprise has always been part of Time. They are the same track on the CD, and they were one track in this competition.

Same here. It's the definition of Sublime.

Between these two, I've gotta pick Comfortably Numb as the favorite. It's the heart of The Wall, has 2 of the best guitar solos I've ever heard, Roger and Dave on double vocal duties... the list goes on.

Sheep's still my fave Floyd track overall though.

phanan said:
The Breathe reprise has always been part of Time. They are the same track on the CD, and they were one track in this competition.

:up:

As for which one's better, I admit it is very difficult to choose. Both have excellent lyrics and CN actually has the better solo I think. But the Breathe reprise just edges Time past the finish line for me.

Well, this is tough. I haven't been following the competition, but I can't say I'm surprised to see these two songs in the final.

I'm voting off Numb. Time just seems so transcendent, and was ahead of its time (no pun intended :wink: )

I wouldn't say overrated more like overplayed kinda like Let it Be by the Beatles, but Time deserves to win

Well, I just listened to the two back-to-back, as I haven't listened to Comfortably Numb in a while, and honestly, this isn't as hard a choice as I thought it would be. Time kicks the shit out of Comfortably Numb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom