Pink Floyd Best Song Survivor: Round Four - Piper at the Gates of Dawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• Astronomy Domine

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Lucifer Sam

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Flaming

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Interstellar Overdrive

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
cdisantis83 said:
I will definitely have to check out the demos. I never knew that they existed until this point.

I can send them to you if you like. Just give me your e-mail. The Not Now John demo is particularly interesting!

GibsonGirl said:
Sorry, I just had to try out my "repulsed" square of smilies. :wink: Terminal Frost isn't the worst on the album (that one's a tie between Learning To Fly and A New Machine) but I don't think it's anything to write home about. The AMLOR survivor is going to be so fun, because I'll be thrilled to see each song (with the sole exception of Sorrow) voted off. :hyper:

You don't even like On The Turning Away? I think that song is far and away the best song on AMLOR.

namkcuR said:

You don't even like On The Turning Away? I think that song is far and away the best song on AMLOR.

I find that the music sounds terribly insipid. And Dave's vocal delivery does nothing for me. I will admit, though, that it's one of the few post-1983 Pink Floyd songs that has half decent lyrics.

GibsonGirl said:

You know, this is very interesting. :hmm: I never thought about that before. My top two Floyd songs both feature vocals that fade into an instrument holding the same note. And - holy shit - my favourite crossfade parts both involve the word dream! :ohmy: "...hold on to the dream" / "...out of obscurity into the dream"

That's. Weird.

Funny how it works like that.

I used Sheep in an essay about AIDS... it was fucking awesome.

Not the AIDS, but the essay.

You've got mail. :wink:

EDIT: Ha, that would be cdisantis83 who has mail! I hate it when I respond without quoting and someone else has posted before I hit the reply button. :(

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

Funny how it works like that.

I used Sheep in an essay about AIDS... it was fucking awesome.

Not the AIDS, but the essay.

In an essay...ABOUT AIDS? :lmao: That is absolutely brilliant.

Well, it was about people looking towards the future but avoiding fixing the problems of today, with AIDS being the most prevalent topic.

I'm surprised I got an A. :lol:

DaveC said:
Where's Round 5?? :madwife:

I was wondering the same thing. :sad:

Flaming :wave: This is going to sound sacrilegious, but I prefer hearing Dave sing Flaming (ala the Baton Rouge '68 performance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom