Pink Floyd Best Song Survivor: Final - Piper at the Gates of Dawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• Astronomy Domine

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Lucifer Sam

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Interstellar Overdrive was ko'd last round. Thank god. I was sooo sick of writing it. :lol:

Votes:
Interstellar Overdrive - 6
Astonomy Domine - 5
Lucifer Sam - 3
Total - 14

Songs eliminated so far:
Eliminated so far:
5. Interstellar Overdrive
4. Flaming
3. Matilda Mother
=2. Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
=2. The Gnome
=2. Chapter 24
=2. The Scarecrow
=2. Bike
1. Pow R. Toc H.

Final round now, vote for your least favourite song. Polls are open for one day.

Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam is waay better. Awesome song.

And I plan to do The Wall as one round, as I can fit all the songs, unless any has any major qualms with that, we can do it as two if so. :)

I thought you voted for your most favourite song in the album's final round ...

Well see I didn't think of that when I did the poll... :wink: and I think this way it's a bit easier because then you don't get the "oh shit I thought I was voting for my least favourite of the two.... dammit.... can the mods change my vote??" responses.

and it is a survivor. :wink:

Yeah, I actually agree. When I ran various U2 editions of Survivor on EYKIW, we ran into that problem and I think I switched at one stage to it always being least favourite.

In any case, Lucifer Sam has got to go. It's not bad, but Astronomy Domine is almost perfect.

Last edited:
It's hard to choose between these two! Is Astronomy Domine gonna be repeated during Ummagumma? Cos then I'll vote for it at that time and let Lucifer Sam win here.

My vote goes to Astronomy Domine. I loved Lucifer Sam the most when I first listened to Piper, and I still love it the most today. Come on, it's a song about A CAT! How many songs about cats do you hear that actually sound good?

THAT CAT'S SOMETHING I CAN'T EXPLAAAAIN!

Zootlesque said:
It's hard to choose between these two! Is Astronomy Domine gonna be repeated during Ummagumma? Cos then I'll vote for it at that time and let Lucifer Sam win here.

Nope sorry.. Only because they're live versions, which tend to take away from the studio tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom