Pink Floyd Best Song Survivor: Dark Side of the Moon!!! - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• Breathe

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Gig in the Sky

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Money

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Us and Them

• Brain Damage

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Eclipse

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Sorry for the lateness guys, I was working all day yesterday, I've just started a new job and I was exhausted. Anyway.

Any Colour You Like was called above. :tsk: :mad: Poor form people. Deserved to be top four.

Votes:
Any Colour You Like - 10
Great Gig - 9
Money - 4
Eclipse - 1
Total - 24 (Record?)

Songs eliminated so far:
51. Any Colour You Like
50. On the Run
49. Wots... uh the Deal
48. Burning Bridges
=46. Childhood's End
=46. Obscured by Clouds
45. Stay
=43. The Gold it's in the...
=43. Mudmen
42. When You're In
41. Absolutely Curtains
40. Fearless
41. One of These Days
39. A Pillow of Winds
38. San Tropez
37. Seamus
36. Fat Old Sun
35. If
34. Atom Heart Mother Suite
33. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
32. The Narrow Way
31. Grantchester Meadows
30. Sysyphus
29. The Grand Vizier's Garden Party
28. Green is the Colour
27. The Nile Song
26. Ibiza Bar
25. Cirrus Minor
24. Crying Song
=22. Main Theme
=22. Dramatic Theme
21. Up the Khyber
=18. More Blues
=18. A Spanish Piece
=18. Quicksilver
17. Party Sequence
16. Let There Be More Light
15. Jugband Blues
14. Remember a Day
13. A Saucerful of Secrets
12. Corporal Clegg
11. See-Saw
10. Astronomy Domine
9. Interstellar Overdrive
8. Flaming
7. Matilda Mother
=2. Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
=2. The Gnome
=2. Chapter 24
=2. The Scarecrow
=2. Bike
1. Pow R. Toc H.

Finalists
Piper at the Gates of Dawn: Lucifer Sam
A Saucerful of Secrets: Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
More: Cymbaline
Ummagumma: Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
Atom Heart Mother: Summer '68
Meddle: Echoes
Obscured by Clouds: Free Four

Great Gig.

I want to protect Money from the illogical hatred of so many interferers. :tsk:

I was never a fan of Us and Them. Too slow and monotone for me.

COBL_04 said:
Have you two ever disagreed on anything? :wink:

Actually, we have this bizarre tendency to agree on a band and an album, but not at all on the songs. For example, we both agree that October is one of U2's better albums. However, Liam thinks Stranger In A Strange Land is one of the album's best songs while I rank it in the bottom three.

And Liam has this odd notion that Hogarth era Marillion is worth listening to in more than moderation ...

I personally adore Great Gig; 30+ years later, it still stands as one of the most unique rock songs out there.
I think that Brain Damage might get my vote here.

phanan said:

What is so great about Money? It's the weakest link (if you can call any of these weak) on the album.

Great bass line, and fantastic jam in the middle. The lyrics are passable, but since the subject matter is so frivolous, I can deal with some frivolousness in the lyrics themselves. It's about a B+ overall, same as Great Gig, but Money is just a little weightier. I'm still rooting for Breathe though.

Money.

In part because I don't want to be one of the people responsible for voting the brilliance of Great Gig off the island.

I like Money, but something's gotta go, and I think the other tracks are stronger.

Well, I love all the songs on Dark Side, but I chose Money because it's simply my least favorite. I love Great Gig by the way. Its a very sexual song.

DaveC said:
I urge those of you who want to save Great Gig to vote for Money.

Twelve of you have shitty taste in music.

No, if anyone has shitty taste, it's those voting for Money to save Great Unlistenable Gig. How you can even begin to tolerate that hideous and ear-piercing warbling is beyond me. I don't know how you people mistake three cats being strangled for beautiful vocals.

:lol:

We differ mightily on this one, as I think it's a beautiful piece of music with gorgeous vocals, and it's a key part to this album, whereas if Money wasn't there, nobody would miss it, even though it's a good enough song.

Yeah, voting for Time, Breathe, or Brain Damage at this point is a little retarded. Sure it's opinion, but it's also Dark Side, meaning everything is balls-awesome, especially those 3 tracks.

Eclipse for me here, but not by much. It's just an extension of Brain Damage and like Any Colour or On the Run, doesn't stand well by itself at all, but in the context of the album, kicks major ass.

And Great Gig is absolutely gorgeous. If not for the best vocal solo I've ever heard, but for Rick's excellent piano work.

Last edited:
phanan said:
:lol:

We differ mightily on this one, as I think it's a beautiful piece of music with gorgeous vocals, and it's a key part to this album, whereas if Money wasn't there, nobody would miss it, even though it's a good enough song.

I think Money's a pretty good, solid song. If I remember correctly, the effects weren't easy to make, and it's a memorable enough song even without that, though certainly not the best here. Great Unlistenable Gig would be very good as an instrumental, but that woman's voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard if you ask me.

I'm surprised someone's voted for Us And Them. I can't decide if I want it or Time to win.

That vocal solo is better than any solo Bono's ever done, that's for sure. And I like Bono.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Eclipse for me here,

And Great Gig is absolutely gorgeous. If not for the best vocal solo I've ever heard, but for Rick's excellent piano work.

You're splitting the votes!! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom