Pink Floyd Best Song Survivor: Dark Side of the Moon!!! - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• Speak to Me/Breathe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On the Run

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Time

• The Great Gig in the Sky

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Money

• Us and Them

• Any Colour You Like

• Brain Damage

• Eclipse

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
What's the deal? Free Four won.

Votes:
Free Four - 4 :giggle:
Wots... uh the Deal - 6
Total votes - 10

Songs eliminated so far:
49. Wots... uh the Deal
48. Burning Bridges
=46. Childhood's End
=46. Obscured by Clouds
45. Stay
=43. The Gold it's in the...
=43. Mudmen
42. When You're In
41. Absolutely Curtains
40. Fearless
41. One of These Days
39. A Pillow of Winds
38. San Tropez
37. Seamus
36. Fat Old Sun
35. If
34. Atom Heart Mother Suite
33. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
32. The Narrow Way
31. Grantchester Meadows
30. Sysyphus
29. The Grand Vizier's Garden Party
28. Green is the Colour
27. The Nile Song
26. Ibiza Bar
25. Cirrus Minor
24. Crying Song
=22. Main Theme
=22. Dramatic Theme
21. Up the Khyber
=18. More Blues
=18. A Spanish Piece
=18. Quicksilver
17. Party Sequence
16. Let There Be More Light
15. Jugband Blues
14. Remember a Day
13. A Saucerful of Secrets
12. Corporal Clegg
11. See-Saw
10. Astronomy Domine
9. Interstellar Overdrive
8. Flaming
7. Matilda Mother
=2. Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
=2. The Gnome
=2. Chapter 24
=2. The Scarecrow
=2. Bike
1. Pow R. Toc H.

Finalists
Piper at the Gates of Dawn: Lucifer Sam
A Saucerful of Secrets: Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
More: Cymbaline
Ummagumma: Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict
Atom Heart Mother: Summer '68
Meddle: Echoes
Obscured by Clouds: Free Four

And now for Dark Side :drool:

This is gunna be sooo good. :drool: Cheers Dave! Saved me again. :)

Gotta give On the Run the boot here, pretty easy first up, but from then on it's gunna be bloody hard.

What do we all want to win? For me it's either Time or Us and Them. Haven't decided yet. If Brain Damage/Eclipse were joined then I'd vote for that. But they're not. Carry on!

On the Run is a no-brainer, but after that, this will become impossible. :|

Rooting for Breathe.

I haven't listened to this in years, guess I'll have to give it a go tomorrow.

The Great Gig In The Sky is the worst, most unlistenable song in Pink Floyd's entire catalogue.

Axver said:
The Great Gig In The Sky is the worst, most unlistenable song in Pink Floyd's entire catalogue.

Good DAY, sir!! :mad:

It's beauty. :sad:

However I will vote for it next if I have to to save Eclipse.

COBL_04 said:

However I will vote for it next if I have to to save Eclipse.

Is Eclipse all that you can't leave behind?

lololololololololololol, and stuff

Haha, I wondered about that connection for ages, but then I realised nah, probably not.

Is it not the best ending to an album ever? :love:

LemonMelon said:
You have listened to Ummagumma, haven't you? :wink:

Nothing on Ummagumma has that painfully hideous wailing.

COBL_04 said:
Good DAY, sir!! :mad:

It's beauty. :sad:

No, no it's not. I've never met a single person offline who can stand more than a minute or two of that song. I've been surprised to see that some people here like it. I wish it were an instrumental.

Axver said:

No, no it's not. I've never met a single person offline who can stand more than a minute or two of that song. I've been surprised to see that some people here like it. I wish it were an instrumental.

Well, neither have I but I don't know of anyone that is as appreciative of music (or at least Pink Floyd) as I am. The wailing is perfectly crafted and Rick's work is genious.

Personally, the wailing makes me wish I were deaf. It utterly butchers the entire song. Any good qualities the instrumentation may have just fade into irrelevancy under the weight of "my ears, my poor ears!"

Yeah I have to agree with Screwtape and vote Money. It's a good song but can get a bit boring in some of those long drawn out parts. It's actually really hard voting anything off here. On The Run is amazing with all those sound affects at the perfect moments. And it's not overly long like Money.

And Axver, you have to be truly alone in your opinion about Great Gig. That is not painful wailing, it is orgasmic and beautiful singing! It's hard to sing what Clare Torry pulled off!

Axver said:

Hideous wailing? :| It's called a vocal solo. The woman is right on key the entire song, and nails her parts. It's used to convey fear and emotion without lyrics. :tsk: Philistines.

Any Colour You Like. It's a good bridge and essential to the album, but not as a stand-alone; same with On the Run.

Great Gig in the Sky is beautiful, maybe one of my favorite vocalizations.

Axver said:

:speechless:

I don't know if this is more absurd than what Zootlesque said about Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones yesterday, but I think we have a new record with numbers 1 and 2 in the list of "Most Ridiculous Posts in Interference History (non-PLEBA/EYKIW)" coming up in consecutive days.

DAMN IT I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ONLINE. But I'm waiting for psychology lecture notes and practise questions to print, so... :hmm:

I voted for On The Run. It's an amazing track when it's played live (the first image in my sig will explain why) but it's merely an interesting experiment on the album.

Next to go for me will be GGITS. I enjoy it very much, beautiful piece of music, but I'm afraid it doesn't hold up well against the rest of the album. From that point onwards, it will almost be impossible to vote.

I can't believe people are voting for Any Colour You Like already! :sad: That's one of the coolest Floyd instrumentals.

My printing is done now. :sigh: Bye.

DaveC said:

:speechless:

I don't know if this is more absurd than what Zootlesque said about Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones yesterday, but I think we have a new record with numbers 1 and 2 in the list of "Most Ridiculous Posts in Interference History (non-PLEBA/EYKIW)" coming up in consecutive days.

Pffft! It's called opinion and it's all over the place if you look. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom