Pink Floyd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Floyd :up:

I hear they are also making a retrospective live album, much like the recent works of Led Zeppelin.

DVD please.

Oh yes, me likie. The Wall was actually one of the first cd's I ever bought.

PS - The band themselves supposedly dont like the movie of The Wall very much.

I don't know yet. I'll probably buy Echoes - greatest hits (either that or Wall and Dark side of the moon). I heard Another brick in the wall and Learning to fly from the songs.

(I have heard of the Wall tour and saw a documentary on it with singer comments and Mark Fisher too. A very intriguing concept for a tour, and very advanced for the times I imagine.)

Echoes is a nice collection, but because Pink Floyd has a history of putting out such conceptual albums, it's not really as great as the original records are. There is just that certain flow that's somewhat disrupted and distorted on the greatest hits CDs.

I defnitely agree that the DSotM songs on Echoes really don't have the same effect as they do on the actual CD.

If you wanna get some Floyd CD's, I'd say skip getting Echoes (at least at first) and get Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here, then the other one you didn't get, then The Wall, then Meddle, then (depending on if you prefer Meddle or The Wall) get A Saucerful of Secrets (if you liked Meddle more), or The Final Cut (if you liked The Wall more). Then if you wann get into the realy trippy shit, get Piper at the Gates of Dawn, then The Division Bell, and then Momentary Lapse of Reason. And if you become really hardcore Floyd (like me) by this time, you can pick up Songs from the film More, Atom Heart Mother, Zabriskie Point, and Obscured by Clouds, along with Roger's/Syd's solo stuff. So to recap, it's

DSotM-------------WYWH
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\/
The Wall
|
|
Meddle
/\
/ \
/ \
ASoS----Animals
\ /
\ /
\ /
\/
PatGoD
|
|
TDB
|
|
AMLoR

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
yes i only saw it now. im only 12.

:angry:

Ha Ha. You make me laugh O' Red Shippies. We need to hang and have a couple of pints. I'm sure there are plenty of people we could skewer.

i like piper at the gates of dawn. that's the only pinkk floyd i really have heard. *hides*

:shrug:

i love piper, dark side, wish you were here, animals, the wall and the final cut. the band called floyd is dead after the departure of roger. um, or after the departure of syd. i saw roger last year and it was an amazing concert. yesterday i watched the wall and got sad, because... well, what can i say... day after day love turns grey like the skin of a dying man.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
the band called floyd is dead after the departure of roger. um, or after the departure of syd.

I still think that 'Division Bell' is a fantastic album though.

u2popmofo said:

I still think that 'Division Bell' is a fantastic album though.

Division bell is excellent - one of the best Pink Floyd albums.

For some reason , "if" reminds me of "bulletproof" or is it the other way round !!

I think Pink Floyd is one of the best bands ever. I would use the same phrase for Radiohead or U2 also...but thats about it.

:wink:

this is my floyd 20 - just for ranking sake

20) what do you want from me
19) lost for words
18) time
17) take it back
16) wish you were here
15) one of these days, i am..
14) sheeps
13) welcome to the machine
12) us and them
11) mother