Pinback new LP and fall tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
If anyone still does not know Pinback, check them out now. They are a fabulous band with a unique sound. Heres a Pitchfork news clip about thier fall tour.

Pinback Plan Fall Tour in Support of New LP

Micah C. Harding reports:
Pinback is a band that seems to generate news without much news at all. Upon perusing the Pitchfork archives, one might notice the almost indistinguishable baby steps between successive articles-- details about apparently never-ending tour itineraries, changes to apparently never-ending tour itineraries, unconfirmed details about the prospect of a new album, and finally, confirmed details regarding said new album. And that's not even taking into consideration the effort of covering Rob Crow's myriad side projects. Let it never be said we're not suckers for Pinback news.

The songwriting duo of Crow and Armistead Burwell Smith IV (or just Zach, which as you know, is the current default nickname for anyone whose name exceeds 15 consonants. Yes, we're counting the "V" numeral) have spent a year touring and staggering out details regarding their forthcoming Summer in Abaddon LP. Still scheduled to hit pop-stands this October 12th via Touch & Go, Pinback's third full-length comes packaged with plans for a supporting fall tour (in stark contrast to their summer tour in support of... nothing). Those dates came and were reported on. And now more have been added, thus meriting this much-needed Pinback report. The dates, old and new and in between:

10-06 San Diego, CA - Belly Up Tavern
10-15 New York City, NY - Irving Plaza (Touch and Go/CMJ Showcase)
10-16 Providence, RI - The Call
10-17 Boston, MA - Paradise
10-18 Montreal, Quebec - Cabaret Music Hall
10-19 Toronto, Ontario - Lee's Palace
10-21 Philadelphia, PA - Gasoline
10-22 Baltimore, MD - Ottobar
10-25 Washington, DC - Black Cat
10-26 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
10-27 Atlanta, GA - Vinyl
10-28 Orlando, FL - The Social
10-29 Miami, FL - I/O
11-01 Nashville, TN - The Mercy Lounge
11-02 Louisville, KY - Headliner's Music Hall
11-03 Ann Arbor, MI - Blind Pig
11-04 Columbus, OH - Little Brother's
11-05 Champaign, IL - High Dive
11-07 Chicago, IL - Metro
11-08 Minneapolis, MN - Triple Rock Social Club
11-10 Fayetteville, AR - Dickson Theater
11-11 Norman, OK - The Opolis
11-12 Dallas, TX - Trees
11-13 Austin, TX - Emos
11-15 Albuquerque, NM - Launchpad
11-16 Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
11-18 Billings, MT - Eleven 11
11-19 Missoula, MT - The Other Side
11-20 Portland, OR - Bossanova
11-23 Seattle, WA - Showbox Showroom
11-28 San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's

I cant wait for the new album, 'Fortress' is an absolutely awesome song :up:

Wish they were coming to Utah!

I just picked up 'Blue Screen Life' tonight, LOVING it! What order would you put their albums/EP's in, EP? I've heard some buzz that their new album is one of their best so far, I'll be picking it up :up:

Well, Blue Screen life is my favorite, then This is a Pinback CD after that. Those are the only two I have, cant wait for this one though.

Come out tomorrow, AllMusic said it's their best so far. I cant wait! :up:

I'd bet the hair on my back that my local cd store won't have it :|

Basstrap said:
I'd bet the hair on my back that my local cd store won't have it :|

Mine didnt. Nor did Best Buy.

But the Virgin Megastore in SLC that I found out about this weekend did :up:

Good golly, I'm really impressed. Incredibly beautiful production/mixing. Every instrument is just so clean and distinct, it was even beautiful to listen to on my crappy car stereo speakers. I really dig it after one spin :up:

A few of the songs even seem a little different than anything they've tried before (at least from what I've heard), but they still sound great!

Last edited:
Elvis Presley said:
Mofo, couldnt agree more, Im liking this more than any previous Pinback album so far. Ive even featured them today over at Each Note Secure....

http://eachnotesecure.modblog.com

Because you dont respond to your journal, I thought I'd let you know that your so called blog has been added to my 'favorites'.

PS - I hadnt heard 'Loro' before, very nice. :up:

I'm seeing them tonight. I like bragging.

I will let you all know how it goes, I plan to sing loudly and dance poorly.

cujo said:
Let us hear the braggery and the review, mofo.

Bragging:
It was so ridiculously awesome. I had an amazing view very close up front, and was able to easily watch, sing, dance, and scream to my heart's content. I picked up 2 awesome shirts and a tour EP.

Reviewing:
When Rob (I think it was Rob, I dont really know who's who) came out before the show to set things up in a Misfits shirt, I knew it was a good sign of things to come ("Why?" you ask, because I've been known to sport a Misfits avatar around these parts from time to time). The band sounded absolutely fantastic. It was one of those shows where you almost cant believe that they can make the songs sound so great in a live setting. I noticed that they really made a lot of the songs (Penelope & Tripoli for example) a lot more rocking/faster than the studio versions, but they still sounded fan-freaking-tastic. I went into this show expecting to have a great time because I've become a huge Pinback fan in the last year, I left having any expectation I may have previously had completely blown away. The show was the definition of "fun", and their performance was the definition of "exquisite".

Like EP said in the very first post in this thread, "If anyone still does not know Pinback, check them out now." My feelings exactly.

Here are the songs I know for certain they played, fairly certain I'm leaving some out (they played for a little over an hour and a half, so it's hard for me to try to remember them all....especially since most of their song titles are not exactly words featured in the songs themselves...):

Loro (I think they opened with this, it may have been another slow song)
The Yellow Ones
Bloods on Fire
Non Photo Blue
Microtonic Wave
XIY
Tripoli
Grey Machine
Tres
Sender (they said they rarely play this, so I was quite happy considering it's a fav. of mine)
Concrete Seconds
Penelope
Manchuria
Fortress
AFK
June

u2popmofo said:
I've been known to sport a Misfits avatar around these parts from time to time

:drool:

Seriously, I'm glad you had a great time! Penelope and Fortress sounded really good, and I was totally dancing around to both. Thanks for sharing the show with me that way. :)

(Mofo called me during those two songs and let me listen via cell phone.) :up:

Last edited:
Just to be completely anal, I forgot they played these 2 tracks:

Syracuse
This Red Book (this may have been what they opened with, I've confused myself)

Back
Top Bottom