Pinback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I cant believe I didnt make a thread about these guys till now. If you havent checked them out do it. Pinback have an excellent unique sound that I find very very good. I was able to pick up "blue screen life" this weekend used for 8.99. The offcell ep just came out recently. Anyway, any other fans .....?

Who would you say they somewhat sound like? What kind of music?

I'll have to take a looksie.

they have a bit of The Shins in them I think or maybe Death Cab for Cutie......

check them out mofo, trust me young jedi......

Speaking of The Shins, did you see Pitchfork today? Apparently we'll be getting a new album from them in October!

I'll definitly check these guys out though EP. You havent let me astray yet.

MVD, if you are familiar with The Shins they sound most like them I think, although its hard to compare them to anyone I think. They play rock music but its neither hard nor soft but somewhere inbetween. Check em out

I checked these guys out a while ago and they just weren't my thing. I had heard really good things from a friend, so maybe my hopes were set too high.

u2popmofo said:
Speaking of The Shins, did you see Pitchfork today? Apparently we'll be getting a new album from them in October!

I saw that this morning as well mofo - good news

Maybe I'll head to the record shop today. OK change that I am so going to the record store today.

I just saw the Pinback section in there, EP. What few songs would you recommend?

Ok, I'll check them out.

The Interpol concert is AWESOME!!!

Oh yeah, I sent you 4 or 5 songs I thought you may like to your 'music' section.

EP, I have listened to these songs quite a bit since I downloaded them.

I really like 'Tripoli'(ace-fu). I've listened to that one a bazillion gajillion times this weekend.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom