Pilate - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-01-2003, 09:29 PM   #16
Local Time: 05:57 PM
Originally posted by meegannie
Similar thread, a year ago.

No one ever listens to me. I give up.

I figured since their first album came out a week or two ago, that they didn't have much of a following... so I didn't check past threads. Sorry 'bout that, I listen more than I post.

They actually just came by, opening for the Dears... I passed that up.

From listening to the album I've found it to be mediocre at best. The point I was trying to make was that they have the potential to do something great. It may take a few albums for it to be realized, but they just might be on track to break the mold of the adult contemporary style sludge that has been the mainstay for radio airplay. I do hear the Bono parallels... "tear your walls down"... come on. With Hawksley, I strangley picked up on that as well... he could have a good voice if he used it.

Anyway, for now, they will remain... alright.

Old 11-01-2003, 10:22 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Yeah, I've actually only heard that one song. Then I forgot about them.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:51 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Am I ever behind the times! I just saw the video today for the first time. The volume on my TV was low, and that combined with the fact the photography was jagged-like, much like 'There There', I immediately thought it was Radiohead. I soon realized, of course, it wasn't. But, damn! Good first impression!

I just found a quote on them which reads, "Radiohead meets Crowded House". Interesting take...and not one I find myself really disagreeing with. They've got a great sound, great vocals, and by the sounds of it, a lot of potential as Cujo pointed out. I think his voice is just as much Pablo Honey era Thom Yorke as it is Bono. The sound is almost Unforgettable Fire meets Mathew Good with an early 90s Thom Yorke as the LV. Good stuff.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:50 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:57 PM
I don't like that song.

They sound like some sort of blend of Bends-era Radiohead + Coldplay + U2, and while I like all three of these bands a helluva lot, Pilate kinda gives me the heebie jeebies.

I will see them live next Friday as they are opening for David Usher and I've got tickets.

If you want a good Canadian rock act, please go get the Sam Roberts CD. Now that's great stuff.