pictures of my interference meetup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
as many of you know, a bunch of us got together in new york for a fine weekend of fellowship.

our super 8 hotel was nothing short of AWESOME, as we managed to spend quite possibly all of all our time inside our rooms. when we managed to find time to go outside, some of us played hop-scotch, dadgummit!, yahtzee, and checkers on the parking lot.

when it comes to fan gatherings, i'm pretty sure this one will be looked back on as being one of the best. there were probably 20 or so of us that managed to make the trek, and all appeared to have as good of a time JOKIN' 'round while munching on sweet treats and bread biscuits.

FRIDAY NIGHT ARRIVAL

after arriving at our hotel from the airport on friday night, we right away hit the hotel and went to bed. it was already 9:30, and the one hour time change hit me like a kick in the you know where, lolol.

on saturday, the plan was to go check out the yankees game, but then we found out they were in boston so we had to scratch that. we asked the hotel people if there was anything to do in the city, and they said this was a slow time of the year, so we opted to stay inside.

davec and myself had connecting rooms, and the whole happy gang (as we callled ourselves) hung out in the room talking about our favourite u2 songs, albums, etc. for the whole afternoon while listening to a matchbox twenty cd (i think it was 'yourself or someone like you').

for dinner, someone i think it was sicy, went out to the grocery store to buy some bread, cheese, and fresh meats to have sandwhiches. thanks sicy! anyway, it was really tasty, and we all ate in the same rooms we had sat around in all afternoon. unfortunately some of us made a bit of a mess with crumbs, but i won't say who (i'm looking at you bonosloveslave LMAOLOLOL).

anyway, in the evening some of us left the room and walked around the corridor before returning. i think someone may have opened a window or two at this point, but i'm not sure.

by 11 oclock we were more than a little tired of listening to the same matchbox twenty cd, so we decided to call it a night. for some of us, it was the first time they got out of this particular room before getting into another one - their own for the night.

sunday was brunch in the hotel restaurant. martha said her feet were hurting too much so we decided not to go check out the chinese restaurant (i think it was "chan's" or something, ever been there?) across the street.

by two in the afternoon, some of us had to leave for the airport, wrapping up what was probably the best weekend i've had in a very, VERY long time.

i just want to say thanks to all who made it for making it such a special time. here's to hoping we can manage to do this again in the near future, hopefully before christmas! :)

anyway, here's a few of the pictures i took. if people are interested, i'll post the rest of them later.

~zoomerang96

------

cujo as always was doing his best to get with the ladies, though as per usual, they felt more than a little uncomfortable being in the same room as him.
help_350.jpg

jessicann meets various interferencer's at the door. :)
3.jpg

zedbetty was more than a little happy to meet his "special friend".
ugly.jpg

calluna couldn't have been more excited to see the "happy gang".

ugly_girl.jpeg

elvis presley and myself couldn't get over the fact that we were finally meeting our "so-called" friends.
up-couples-00005.jpg

Last edited:
that's all we were saying throughout the weekend too.

whenever one of the jokesters made a joke, instead of laughing, we all pretended to type "lol" on a fake keyboard that wasn't there.

does this count as fan fiction dear?

I am VERY interested in seeing the rest of the pictures by the way...
please dont dilly dally in posting them!

I like how ya say get together and FELLOWSHIP...

nice!

fan fiction indeed was written at the meetup. i forgot to mention that part, but some of us strolled into the washroom to write a piece about larry. it was pretty hot too. :up:

they tasted particularly delicious on the flax-rye brown bread you bought. :)

I dont want to perpetuate the LOL any longer either dear but the sound that came out of my throat was one that would convery sheer bliss and amusement!

i was writing a letter to friend a few months ago and instead of adding haha to a particular part i wrote "LOL" - and this woman doesnt have a computer or work on one as far as I know...so it was kinda strange...

your a funny person...I hope im not annoying you with my posting to your postings...

in regard to the fan fiction
did ya go into the restroom one at a time, was it an add on paragraph type of thing..ya know where ya take turns?
Larry always is the target of thr fan fiction isnt he..?

I remember reading some a couple of years ago where a girl mentions italian dresing on his breath and something in his boxers and it wasnt a ferret dear!

oy! I blushed

carrieluvv said:

youre a funny person...I hope im not annoying you with my posting to your postings...

i'm not in a position to complain about anyone being annoying. :wink:

Seriously ... that was a good time. I can't wait for your next little meet up.

I wanna see more pictures ... and don't forget the pictures from Saturday night :sexywink:

JessicaAnn said:
Seriously ... that was a good time. I can't wait for your next little meet up.

I wanna see more pictures ... and don't forget the pictures from Saturday night :sexywink:

sure thing!

here two of our younger friends played the game of life until their mothers told them it was bed time.
steve_and_chris_playing_life_holland.jpg

you missed out on a good time. don't worry though, we're planning on making this a monthly thing. :up:

Man, oh man ... I can't believe how crazy things got.

I couldn't believe how wild your mom could get bear ... she fit right in with the gang. A real spitfire:

crazy_051.jpg

Oh ... and the russian theamed costume part was a great addition to the festivities:
russian_ARK.jpg

JessicaAnn said:
PS ... you left your russian ark figurines behind. I have them with me and will give them back at the next meetup. :up:

oh, thanks! i was wondering where they were. i'll give you back your boyzone t-shirt too, while i'm at it. :up:

elvis, my so-called "friend", it wasn't so much the number of shithotdogs served, as it was the way we were all DOING the shithotdog if glenallena, bartelle, and ccloyd knows what i mean.

Back
Top Bottom